Current Page: 12 of 139
Christopher Hansard
Posted by: pema ()
Date: January 24, 2007 10:42PM

Hi Mariah,
I understand your concerns, but I have already explained why I cannot be more specific in this forum. I am a journalist. I have never been a patient of Christopher Hansard. I am not a therapist. I have never met CH -- although I invited him to speak to me when I was investigating him for ITV several years ago. My colleague on this investigation and I have extensive files which include statements from various people associated with CH. Some were patients, some were fellow therapists, some former employees, some simply people who had bumped into him at classes or in the park. As I have already mentioned, not one single one of these people were willing to go on record. They were all afraid of CH for a variety of reasons. I hoped when I started this thread that people would come forward -- so that it would be possible to expose CH in the media and save future sufferers from his unscrupulous clutches. This has not proved to be the case, so I am unlikely to post here again. I'm sorry if this is a disappointment. Its a bit like the Hippocratic Oath for doctors -- journalists never reveal their sources.
Good wishes
Pema

Options: ReplyQuote
Christopher Hansard
Posted by: Mariah ()
Date: January 24, 2007 11:14PM

Pema, I think it would be a mistake to give up at this point. You are just beginning to collect specific instances on this site; people are just beginning to emerge from the woodwork. Momenum is beginning to build. This takes time, and courage. All of the efforts of people contributing to this site with stories, have done so because of your initiative. Hurt or betrayed people may be depending on you.

Any project can get discouraging in the middle. Give it time: continue to encourage people by telling us what you can reveal and have found out in NZ. People have been offering stories - you just got new ones from Canada. It takes time for news of the forum to spread for contacts to be made. Remind people how to contact you...

Otherwise, this whole effort has been a waste for a lot of people who spent a good deal of time and energy.

I've contacted various (4) other Tibetan physicians, only one of whom had even heard of Christopher Hansard. Egbert Asshauer, the practitioner in Germany and author, (who only writes in German, so whoever had read his works must read German) and can only be contacted by phone or mail.

[b:4f4e830702][moderator note: please do not post contact informaiton on this message board use the private messaging system][/b:4f4e830702]

Christopher Hansard
Date: January 25, 2007 01:13AM

Thanks for your encouragement Mariah. I will keep monitoring this board and if anything comes up that I can respond to, I will. Meanwhile I urge again anyone willing to go on record -- please contact me via a private message.

Christopher Hansard
Posted by: Arcee ()
Date: January 25, 2007 03:34AM

I have been aware of CH for some years both as a professional and as a patient. I have felt drawn to him but VERY wary. He is seductive in both a sexual and non sexual way. Yes he displays inappropriate behaviour as a therapist and I didn't feel a benefit from his treatments. Sadly I have seen vulnerable people 'latch on to him' and they seem to abdicate all normal reason and follow whatever he says/suggests. They just accept EVERYTHING he says or often does not say and that leaves them more confused and lost.

I have found this forum refreshing as a place to discuss these concerns. Thank You .Pema I wil email you directly

Christopher Hansard
Posted by: Arcee ()
Date: January 25, 2007 04:43AM

Happy to reply to you directly Pema. I need to make 10 posts first, or can you email me?

Christopher Hansard
Posted by: rrmoderator ()
Date: January 25, 2007 10:16PM

pema:

Anyone that wants to go "on the record" may decide to just post here and not private message anyone.

Christopher Hansard
Date: January 26, 2007 06:01AM

Hello RR Moderator,
The problem with posting onto the board with on-the-record information is that no-one uses their real names. Because of this they are not quotable. I think it is better to indicate willingness like Arcee has done and I will send a private message giving my email address.
Pema

Christopher Hansard
Posted by: HDM ()
Date: January 26, 2007 09:35AM

Dear Moderator and Group,

Where is the private reply link? I'm afraid I don't understand how to do this.

Is it realistic to think that something can be made public that will alert those who need to be alerted? I have an email list of everyone on the courses I took, and I know most of the attendees anyway. But he isn't hosting any more courses (PLEASE tell me the courses have stopped!) and this isn't going to get on CNN. So, is it a dried up issue now? Pema, what do you see being a likelihood?

The man will move to another country and do it again.

His Tibetan chanting is not in the current Tibetan language, I know that much. I went with a Tibetan woman to a course and she recognized only names of gods in the chants. Don't have any idea what he was saying and that's eerie because chants can have power. His knowledge of Buddhism is very wrong also as her husband was a scholar of 13th C Buddhism who was having a fit at what CH was saying. He studies enough to look smart. Mind like a steel trap. He IS smart, in the scary way.

I had a huge vision in one course and darned if he didn't know everything I saw and finished my sentences and described everything when we were talking afterwards.. He can read minds, I'm sure, and somehow sees what everyone in the course is doing. It was very disappointing to realize how twisted he is because I was enjoying the shamanic dream. It is still reassuring to me to know that such siddhis are possible; I've always believed in magic and can now always say I saw some in action. And I have met other, much more principled masters since, very refreshing.

I also had an"enlightenment" shakti-blast. I fell off the chair and had a headache for a day. I had a strong increase in clairvoyance for months. Thanks for that, CH, but I need honourable teachers.

He is a shaman, I still feel sure, but one who is lost and will have a lot to account for. Deflected kundalini sounds about right. Avoid him. Powerful and unprincipled. Psychic as all hell and knows things about you that only you know. Compassionate when it suits him only. Part of the gig, too, to be compassionate and play the part. I rather suspect he believes this by now.

In the meantime, there are people who have gotten gall stones from ridiculous dietary advice, heart conditions worsened, people advised to get divorced, quit their job, sell their house (not all the same person!), take unsuitable herbs, spend money on treatments that didn't work...Yes he did help some. But he's a loose cannon. Who is NOT a doctor. His psychic abilities do not extend to medical matters. Every physical diagnosis he gave was starkly wrong.

It could make a good TV show.

A fascinating guy.

Christopher Hansard
Posted by: jiminy ()
Date: January 26, 2007 05:51PM

To add some context to this threaded discussion, CH has shown tremendous integrity in his relationship with me as a patient. For the most part, he used acupuncture to help me overcome mental imbalance. In doing so, he helped me avoid taking anti-depressants, supported positive dietary changes, and encouraged me to see the good in others, be practical in my personal affairs and avoid cynicism. Over years of treatments, which included herbal teas, massage, acupuncture, chants and meditations, I have become a more mentally balanced person, less angry and more positive, better able to accept happiness. For over a decade, I traveled to his Eden clinic from Canada and was treated by him with great compassion, his fees waived without my asking. I am convinced he saved my life, my mental imbalance being quite severe at times. Furthermore, I have made kindhearted and generous friends and feel indebted in the best possible way to the remarkable (to me) life transformations CH and his staff contributed towards.

Christopher Hansard
Posted by: kath ()
Date: January 26, 2007 06:22PM

I don't think quoting people who use an alias would be disregarded.

Journalists often interview victims of abuse under an alias or with their faces obscured.

Current Page: 12 of 139

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.