Current Page: 11 of 139
Christopher Hansard
Posted by: Vigilant ()
Date: January 20, 2007 05:03AM

You use the ending line

I have conclued that Mr. Hansard is an authentic shaman and I no longer care where he did or did not get his training.

Could you provide an objective definition of authentic shaman? Personally, I find many teachers throughout my life, however, in the real of objective healing, I prefer credentialed professionals.

This is an example of the free market at its best. If Mr. Hansard is legitimate, then the market will bear it out. If not, then in short order he will be relegated to the fringes.

I am not holding my breath.

Options: ReplyQuote
Christopher Hansard
Posted by: vaidya ()
Date: January 20, 2007 07:11AM

pema
In answer to Vaidya -- I was circumspect in the way I presented the information I received from the Bon organisation in Canada. They were much more direct about their distaste for CH. I think you are clutching at straws.
Pema

i wrote Sherab Chamma Ling in Courtenay BC and this is what they has to say:

"We can only repeat what we have already said to the previous inquirer re Christopher Hansard. Geshe YondDong is not familiar with CH's lineage or his teachings. Neither Geshe YongDong or our centre, Sherab Chamma Ling, have any connection with or association with Christopher Hansard or his organization(s)."

its hardly a denouncement Pema - why don't you copy and paste your reply from them so we can see your reasons for circumspection

Christopher Hansard
Posted by: Mariah ()
Date: January 20, 2007 08:21AM

" Let us suppose that we find out there was a Tibetan Ngagpa from India (NOT Bonpo Lama) who came to New Zealand and taught CH all he knows. How would we then know, where he got his training? How would we know, where he got his ‘qualifications’? Would we then have to trace his lineage all the way back to India and Tibet? How would we know the lineage was authentic? How would we know, that this Tibetan teacher was not just some charlatan Tibetan pretending to be a master? "

With all due respect, Arrow, other lineages in Tibet have a traceable background, and often, web sites. Why not in this case? Why has there been no contact with the Nam clan in India? They are "his clan" after all. Why, if legitimate, would people not be able to find friends, teachers, etc. to back up his claims? Why do other practitioners of Bon say they have never heard of this man or his teachings? One inquiry a few weeks ago was answered as follows:
"We have not heard of Christopher Hansard. Ligmincha Institute was founded by Geshe Tenzin Wangyal Rinpoche, he is an authentic Tibetan Bon master who is a lineage holder of the Yungdrung Bon and the Zhang Zhung Nyen Gyu lineage. Please see our website for more information about Bon and bios of the lineage holders:
<[www.ligmincha.org>www.ligmincha.org]

There is an authentic Bon teacher that we know of in Canada, Geshe Yongdong and he is in the Vancouver area: <[www.sherabchammaling.com]

If I can be of any other assistance, let me know,

Best regards,

Lee Hartline
Ligmincha Institute
(434)977-6161

This is transparency. We now know that Geshe Yongdong has dropped any association with CH.

So many questions have gone unanswered. No one offers any more facts to refute such odd findings.

We know he is talented and helps people - so do many other people, quietly going about their business.

With so much contraversy, and with a number of discredited teachers of late, it seems a "compassionate" thing to reassure the public that they are not being once again misled. If CH is simply a talented shaman, arising out of the clear blue - then why not say that, without all the unverifiable elaboration that leads to distrust? Trungpa Rinpoche with all his crazy teaching methods at least had the backing of some Tibetan lamas, so people knew he was genuine.

Christopher Hansard
Date: January 20, 2007 09:05AM

Arrow, as to why I, personally, am bothering with all this -

I know many people who have given a lot of money to CH for 15 minute appointments, workshops and treatments. Some were helped; others were not, in spite of many treatments and much money spent. Some people have been hurt (but not by being yelled at and not having their own issues mirrored). I have spent hours listening to stories of that hurt. These people may yet decide to offer those stories, but that is up to them.

Many people believed CH and on the strength of that, in good faith, attended workshops, went for treatment, were generous and welcoming.
Some clear answers are due. If you think this is not getting on with my life, then we clearly differ on what matters.

Christopher Hansard
Posted by: Dorje ()
Date: January 20, 2007 10:09PM

My thanks go to Mariah for shining a light on the real issue here. I personally do not care what Christopher writes in his books nor what he does in his workshops nor if he has a product line to sell. As has been said a number of times on this forum people are free to choose what they buy, what they believe and what experiences they need.

Personally, I don’t believe his story and have seen no evidence to indicate its truth.

Since breaking contact with Christopher many years ago information on his activities has come my way, but not from any effort on my part. I just happen to meet a lot of people and the ‘alternative scene’ in London is quite small.

I have met friends of his from New Zealand who were surprised at his transition into physician. I have met his wife who was equally surprised.

Over the years I have met one woman who claimed he raped her. I read her account and believed it. He was treating her for childhood sexual abuse.

I have met another six women who claimed he exhibited inappropriate sexual behaviour toward them.

I have met another woman who found that the medicine he was giving her was heavily laced with marijuana.

I know people who were physically threatened by him and people who are afraid of him.

I have met some of his ex apprentices who told me of his violent outbursts with patients and of the intangible line of his teaching.

I have met many more people who feel they simply wasted their time and money for no benefit.

I know two highly respected psychotherapists who two years ago treated a young man who was severely traumatised by his experiences with Christopher.

I know that Christopher applied for and was refused membership of the Acupuncture Council and the Institute for Complementary Medicine.

For readers outside of the UK it is worth noting that it is very easy to gain insurance as a complementary therapist in the UK. Once insured it is easy to remain insured. The business of insurance is selling insurance not accrediting therapists.

I believe that I am just one of many people who have picked up such negative stories of Christopher and his work. This forum shows us that there our others either with a direct experience or concerned for their friends or family.

The issue here is that Christopher claims to be a Physician of quite extraordinary training, skill and experience. As such he inevitably attracts a great many sick and desperate people hoping for a cure.
Clearly, some contributors to this forum have gained from his teaching and his medicine. I am happy for them and can well understand why they should wish to defend his reputation.

My concern, however, is for those poor people who walk away, hurt or disappointed with their hopes shattered or their trust betrayed. My concern is for those who have been abused by him and have nowhere to take their confusion.

Christopher and his supporters would do well to meditate on the words of Hippocrates in his Epidemics, Bk. I, Sect. XI. "Declare the past, diagnose the present, foretell the future; practice these acts. As to diseases, make a habit of two things — to help, or at least to do no harm."

Christopher Hansard
Posted by: vaidya ()
Date: January 21, 2007 01:11AM

Dorje
My thanks go to Mariah for shining a light on the real issue here. I personally do not care what Christopher writes in his books nor what he does in his workshops nor if he has a product line to sell. As has been said a number of times on this forum people are free to choose what they buy, what they believe and what experiences they need.

Personally, I don’t believe his story and have seen no evidence to indicate its truth.

Since breaking contact with Christopher many years ago information on his activities has come my way, but not from any effort on my part. I just happen to meet a lot of people and the ‘alternative scene’ in London is quite small.

I have met friends of his from New Zealand who were surprised at his transition into physician. I have met his wife who was equally surprised.

Over the years I have met one woman who claimed he raped her. I read her account and believed it. He was treating her for childhood sexual abuse.

I have met another six women who claimed he exhibited inappropriate sexual behaviour toward them.

I have met another woman who found that the medicine he was giving her was heavily laced with marijuana.

I know people who were physically threatened by him and people who are afraid of him.

I have met some of his ex apprentices who told me of his violent outbursts with patients and of the intangible line of his teaching.

I have met many more people who feel they simply wasted their time and money for no benefit.

I know two highly respected psychotherapists who two years ago treated a young man who was severely traumatised by his experiences with Christopher.

I know that Christopher applied for and was refused membership of the Acupuncture Council and the Institute for Complementary Medicine.

For readers outside of the UK it is worth noting that it is very easy to gain insurance as a complementary therapist in the UK. Once insured it is easy to remain insured. The business of insurance is selling insurance not accrediting therapists.

I believe that I am just one of many people who have picked up such negative stories of Christopher and his work. This forum shows us that there our others either with a direct experience or concerned for their friends or family.

The issue here is that Christopher claims to be a Physician of quite extraordinary training, skill and experience. As such he inevitably attracts a great many sick and desperate people hoping for a cure.
Clearly, some contributors to this forum have gained from his teaching and his medicine. I am happy for them and can well understand why they should wish to defend his reputation.

My concern, however, is for those poor people who walk away, hurt or disappointed with their hopes shattered or their trust betrayed. My concern is for those who have been abused by him and have nowhere to take their confusion.

Christopher and his supporters would do well to meditate on the words of Hippocrates in his Epidemics, Bk. I, Sect. XI. "Declare the past, diagnose the present, foretell the future; practice these acts. As to diseases, make a habit of two things — to help, or at least to do no harm."

thank you dorje for finally making some substantive comments
this has a much more significant impact when its not simply name-calling

Christopher Hansard
Posted by: HDM ()
Date: January 22, 2007 10:12AM

Yes Christopher Hansard is a fraud. I met him and had several courses with him. He is a powerful energy manipulator but does not navigate well that fine line between light and dark. His appointments are brutally expensive and he can only mirror emotions. This has been helpful for some eople with emotional isues. He has not actually been accurate in any meidcal diagnosis of anyone who later did receive a real diagnosis. They never matched.

His medicine knowledge is non-existent and people have been hurt by believing him, some seriously. Because he is actually a very impressive mind reader ( this part is cool about him), he tells you what YOU think you have or what's wrong and your suspicions are then "confirmed". You then take it as a true diagnosis.

He has read the minds of practitioners in the group and said things to people that only their practitioner would know, because their practitioner was in the room,also taking the course. It looks like he actually knew but he was reading minds.

Sexual impropriety, yes. I know people who were fondled and mislead.

His New Zealand story cannot be confirmed and I have also worked on it. He does not know common medical procedures and does not have time in his story line to fit med school in.

One of his stories is of being on speaking terms with the Dalai Lama, but Tibet House in London says the DL has no chums, only political conversations and they never heard of CH. My work contacted Tibet House by email.

He has contradicted himself (I am a student who takes notes and saw this over time). His passing knowledge of Tibetan Buddhism and political history is very flawed.

Everyone is wrong in his mind but himself. He is indeed a powerful psychic. He behaves oddly, as shamans and teachers can, but the proof is in his behaviour, which is cruel, self-serving, duplicitous and mocking. I've seen him in action rather a lot. Not a true teacher, but certainly was for a time very rich!!

Christopher Hansard
Posted by: gondolf ()
Date: January 22, 2007 02:30PM

Hello HDM,

Was there something specific that finally led to this conclusion, and put it together for you?

Christopher Hansard
Posted by: HDM ()
Date: January 24, 2007 06:36AM

Hello Gondolf,

Many things added up for me. As people overcame their embarassment or as diagnoses came out from MRI's and proper doctors, and as stories got put together, the picture became worse. I'm quite fine with psychics and energy manipulations but dislike teasing and cruelty and deliberate embarassing of nice sincere people. I dislike overcharging for herbs that readily available. And his teachings aren't even consistent. Some emotional stuff from the books is pretty good and I have had results from it. However, a person's behaviour speaks volumes, especially when they address "the little people". I've written him off as any kind of person I even want to be around. I suspect this will be my last posting.

Christopher Hansard
Date: January 24, 2007 10:04AM

I echo Vaidya's thanks for the specific instances you have listed, Dorje, as well as the factual tone of the posting. It's a powerful statement.

As I understand it, anyone who can back up their statements is not slandering.

As Pema started this whole inquiry, I would personally like to hear something from her.

I am hopeful that this forum may give people the courage to come forward with their stories and that something will be done about them.

Current Page: 11 of 139

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.