Current Page: 7 of 139
Christopher Hansard
Posted by: rrmoderator ()
Date: January 17, 2007 06:24AM

Zig:

Your post was approved, but without flaming comments.

Flaming, which is posting personal attacks of other members of the forum, is against the rules of this forum.

Flaming may result in you being banned from the board.

Options: ReplyQuote
Christopher Hansard
Posted by: Dorje ()
Date: January 17, 2007 06:43AM

Dear Vaidya, if you want corroboration buy the film. Strange choice of work for a thunder being. Or contact Phillips electronics - he was based in Holland until 1990. What a waste of a good medical training. Godolf, I'll see if I can get you clearer dates on that.

Wouldn't you like a little corroboration from the man who tells you he was trained from the age of 4 in this medical system that only he knows. Isn't it extraordinary that people believe that without a scrap of proof?

It's like the working in hospital stories. It's all bullshit. You don't believe me? Ask him to take you with him.

I should say that I do believe in psychic powers. You can even go to school to develop them if you want. I know some very good psychics. It's not that big a deal that someone can pick up some information on you.

Cranial. Thankfully he only made that one film so I don't think he'll make president of the USA.

On Kum Nye. Why are you impressed by such small things? It's only Kum Nye.

Be concerned for the sick people who pinned their hopes on this man and the poor people who got stuck to him because he appealed to their vanity.

Christopher Hansard
Date: January 17, 2007 07:11AM

Dear Zig, regarding your statement:

[I have found no references to this claim in CH’s books and have never heard him make the claim in a workshop. However I have read a book “Remain Healthy with the Medical Arts of Tibet” by Doctor Egbert Asshauer that states that HHDL said

“I think that Christopher Hansard is a fresh branch on this ancient tree of medicine. It has made me happy to see how effortlessly this young, well educated British man has brought an oral system of traditional practices from Central Asia into harmony with modern thought of medicine”
-His Holiness The Dalai Lama

The author goes on to say that the Dalai Lama stated in his last interview that “Christopher Hansard contributes new ideas to Tibetan Medicine” ]

I'd be curious to know where I can get this book. It doesn't seem to be available on Amazon. In fact I can't find any English translations of his work. I have seen this quote used by students of Christopher Hansard but when contacted in August 2006 Doctor Egbert Asshauer denied all knowledge of Christopher Hansard. Please enlighten us.

Now why would a happy patient be wasting time dealing with a few disatisfied and moaning ex-patients and ex-friends?[/quote]

Christopher Hansard
Posted by: gondolf ()
Date: January 17, 2007 07:20AM

Zig,

I am glad you and your family were helped. I never said he didn't have talent in this way.

What happened to me is a private story.

And for that reason it is very important for me to know this:

Is he what he says he is?

Or is he a self-made man?

Or is he a psychopathic fraud?

I have the right to flush out the truth about that.

Christopher Hansard
Posted by: vaidya ()
Date: January 17, 2007 11:13AM

Let’s start from the first post from Pema.

CH is not and has never claimed to be a guru. I have never seen anything other than positive words in the media about him.

this is semantics - guru simply means 'teacher'
CH definitely claims to be a teacher, and has apprentices, and as such, qualifies by any definition as a guru

Celebs & rich clients?

Some maybe, but all I have seen in the waiting room are ordinary people coming to see a man and his team that they trust and they come back because they see positive results. I have also witnessed CH charging a very low fee or no fee at all for some seriously ill patients. Not really the actions of a money grabbing charlatan that you seem eager to portray.

CH definitely has a small very well-heeled group that are close to him - celebs no

Credentials?

I don’t think that Christopher’s system of medicine issues pretty certificates. If you want those there are plenty of websites that will sell you a qualification for $25.

CH went through an oral training system more rigorous than any western practitioner. If that isn’t good enough for you then again no one is forcing you to go to him.

i agree that credentials are meaningless
evidence of his training however is lacking - its all based on his word
i think this issue could be resolved in three questions

1. has anyone observed having a conversation with a tibetan in the tibetan language?
2. what do tibetan (not western) bonpo think of him and his teachings?there are people with apparently tibetan names that have created reviews for his book, from menri monastery etc. - do these people exist?
3. are his parents alive, and if so, can they corroborate his story?

“I think that Christopher Hansard is a fresh branch on this ancient tree of medicine. It has made me happy to see how effortlessly this young, well educated British man has brought an oral system of traditional practices from Central Asia into harmony with modern thought of medicine”

this requires a full citation please - no offense, but lets make sure we clear up stuff like this right away

Vaidya

Yes I have also witnessed CH at workshops being challenging, but that is the point of a workshop isn’t it? If you wanted to be cuddled you would have gone to a beauty spa. What I have also witnessed when some one is being “challenged” at a workshop is that the people most upset are other people not the person being challenged. People go to workshops with individual concerns or issues. We are all different thank goodness and those concerns are all different so CH’s remedy for one person will be different from the remedy for the next person. Just because you are shocked by something doesn’t mean that the person on the receiving end is too. I saw a man being given a log to carry once. To most of us it appeared ridiculous but when I asked him about it 12 months later he said it had really helped him deal with his issues. What those issues where are none of my or anybody else’s business. But he was helped, no one was harmed and he wasn’t charged extra for the special attention.

you aren't saying anything i haven't already stated - yes his workshops can be challenging but challenging in and of itself isn't a virtue - what ELSE is happening?

Yup I have seen him smoke cigars. I can think of a lot worse things to smoke than cigars. Does this make him a bad person? Well maybe in California but not in the real world.

of course it doesn't make you a bad person but i took pains to indicate HOW MANY he smokes in a day, with the WINE and FINE FOOD pretty much CONSTANTLY, almost as a kind of COMPULSION

the name of his first book is the Tibetan Art of Living

now let's recall the Kalama sutta:

"Kalamas, when you yourselves know; 'These things are good; these things are not blamable; these things are praised by the wise; undertaken and observed, these things lead to benefit and happiness', enter on and abide in them".

in otherwords, doubt is dispelled in the teacher, when what is taught is also undertaken AND observed by the teacher - basically "walk your talk"

it is VERY clear to me at certain points that CH was in fact doing exactly the opposite, with regard to his health, as he related SHOULD be undertaken if we are to indeed follow the tibetan are of living

this is an important issue
indulgence to the point of sickness is not "wise body, wise mind, wise life"

Christopher Hansard
Date: January 17, 2007 11:24AM

Dear Vaidya, if you want corroboration buy the film. Strange choice of work for a thunder being. Or contact Phillips electronics - he was based in Holland until 1990. What a waste of a good medical training. Godolf, I'll see if I can get you clearer dates on that.

i fail to see what the relevance of working at Philips (which I already knew, I heard, to fufill a familial obligation) or being an actor at one point in one's life has any relevance to the question at hand

in his first book, CH indicates that apart from having a tibetan mentor, he was an otherwise "naughty" "ordinary" little boy

this line of evidence is irrelevant, and does not specifically address the questions i asked of you

I should say that I do believe in psychic powers. You can even go to school to develop them if you want. I know some very good psychics. It's not that big a deal that someone can pick up some information on you.

i also study reiki and am familiar with energy work, and i can tell you that i have not yet experienced nor heard of anyone experiencing anything that i experienced with him, that i already described

i don't deny this experience, but since the question has been raised about his authenticity, what i would like to hear from you are your observations of him being sacked at philips, losing it for awhile and then reinventing himself as an incarnated tibetan la khu - i am not being sarcastic, i simply want to know your experience

so far your comments could only be interpreted as slander - i understand that if he hurt you that you may have strong feelings - but please let's remain objective so we can resolve this

PEMA - i think since you have stated that you have claims against CH that you post the anonymous comments in the spirit of transparency and honesty

thank you everybody

Christopher Hansard
Date: January 17, 2007 08:47PM

Anybody find the Doctor Egbert Asshauer book yet? It was quite easy to contact him if you'd like to give him a call.

Sarah in Canada - he did work in Canada about ten years ago and made a big mess then. I hope your friends are ok.

Vaidya - looks like he got a good hook in you. I guess it's a bit worrying to realise that his story is fake. Tibetan isn't that hard to learn. You have to learn it if you want to study Tibetan Medicine in England. I understand that you had some powerful experiences with him. It happens.

Harold Shipman had a very long and successul practice too. I'm sure he helped many more people than he killed.

Chris has no qualification. There are probably not many countries beside England where he can practice. I think it's illegal for him to use acupuncture now in the UK as he is not registered with the Acupuncture Council. He did try and register but was rejected. Call them if you'd like to check.

Do you think this is slander? No, it's just fact.

Of course the problem he has now is that he has been trying to sell products based on a fantastic life story. Even the advertising standards association would like to see some proof.

I'm adding to this thread because I have known Chris for a long time and sadly have met many people deeply hurt and disturbed by him. This was the same in NZ as in the UK although he wasn't doing medicine in NZ. His process is abuse - sexual, physical and emotional. Bear in mind that abusers do choose and coach their victims carefully. He leaves his victims very confused and disoriented. Many have needed a lot of professional help to recover.

If this applies to you or your friends you can contact Detective Inspector Watling at the Sapphire Unit of the Metropolitan Police. They have a file on him.

If you just want to help put a stop to his activity please do contact Pema.

On the psychopath observation - no I haven't done a professional evaluation. Here's a few of a long list of pointers that might sound familiar:

1. GLIB and SUPERFICIAL CHARM -- the tendency to be smooth, engaging, charming, slick, and verbally facile. Psychopathic charm is not in the least shy, self-conscious, or afraid to say anything. A psychopath never gets tongue-tied. They have freed themselves from the social conventions about taking turns in talking, for example.

2. GRANDIOSE SELF-WORTH -- a grossly inflated view of one's abilities and self-worth, self-assured, opinionated, cocky, a braggart. Psychopaths are arrogant people who believe they are superior human beings.

3. NEED FOR STIMULATION or PRONENESS TO BOREDOM -- an excessive need for novel, thrilling, and exciting stimulation; taking chances and doing things that are risky. Psychopaths often have a low self-discipline in carrying tasks through to completion because they get bored easily. They fail to work at the same job for any length of time, for example, or to finish tasks that they consider dull or routine.

4. PATHOLOGICAL LYING -- can be moderate or high; in moderate form, they will be shrewd, crafty, cunning, sly, and clever; in extreme form, they will be deceptive, deceitful, underhanded, unscrupulous, manipulative, and dishonest.

5. CONNING AND MANIPULATIVENESS- the use of deceit and deception to cheat, con, or defraud others for personal gain; distinguished from Item #4 in the degree to which exploitation and callous ruthlessness is present, as reflected in a lack of concern for the feelings and suffering of one's victims.

6. LACK OF REMORSE OR GUILT -- a lack of feelings or concern for the losses, pain, and suffering of victims; a tendency to be unconcerned, dispassionate, coldhearted, and unempathic. This item is usually demonstrated by a disdain for one's victims.

7. SHALLOW AFFECT -- emotional poverty or a limited range or depth of feelings; interpersonal coldness in spite of signs of open gregariousness.

8. CALLOUSNESS and LACK OF EMPATHY -- a lack of feelings toward people in general; cold, contemptuous, inconsiderate, and tactless.

Check out Dr Robert Hare's work if you want more.

I have nothing more to add - except to trust your instincts. If you feel confused by your teacher or therapist get out and find another.

Christopher Hansard
Date: January 18, 2007 01:43AM

Vaidya - looks like he got a good hook in you. I guess it's a bit worrying to realise that his story is fake. Tibetan isn't that hard to learn. You have to learn it if you want to study Tibetan Medicine in England. I understand that you had some powerful experiences with him. It happens.

yes i am following this discussion carefully, and have shared a personal experience that i described, but personally i have suffered no ill effects from it, other than it made my wonder what happened exactly - i never felt that i was abused by him, but i always held him at a distance, and because of this, if he is what you say he is, he probably wasn't all that interested in me...

however, stating that "he got a good hook" into me isn't a valid line of argument - forgive me, but it seems that your intent here is to belittle my experience and my perceptions - i realize that you can't really explain my experience, and so that's fine, but i am still awaiting answers to my previous questions...

Christopher Hansard
Posted by: Mariah ()
Date: January 18, 2007 02:29AM

Vaidya, I appreciate your balanced views. Like you, I've never been personally hurt by him, nor have I witnessed anyone hurt by him in a workshop. However, I do know of personal behaviour that was not acceptable at all to me in any teacher (or friend): people who have been hurt by his lying and sexual inappropriatenes (though it is always up to the person on the recieving end to cut off contact - or not. These are adults and not children.)

Personally, my guess is that he has a deflected Kundalini rising - one that leads not to enlightenment, but to a power based development of siddhi's. This can lead to dangerous people with supernormal powers and influence (Rasputin comes to mind; I have also personally heard scary stories about the shaman who wrote the Four Agreements - his name escapes me.)

A woman in Tennessee, a devout follower of a Hindu master in India has written an excellent and clear book on the science of Kundalini and spiritual development. It explains all about deflected risings. I know of many people following these teachings and their legitimacy. On the web site you will find any information you might want and you can order the book from there.
Here is the web site:
[www.kundalinicare.com] if anyone is interested.

Personally, I heard enough about CH to stay clear. It seems very odd that no one seems to have found his old school friends in NZ, who could furnish proof of the existence of his teacher, if he did in fact have one. And why would these proofs not be offered to people, if he were legit.?

I'd like to hear more hard back up of the remarks that Zig has made - as is, they tend to sound disaffected or vengeful, rather than factual. Without facts, it begins to smack a little of a witch hunt. I have written to the office of the DL, was referred to the dept of religion, and have not heard anything back as yet.

Christopher Hansard
Posted by: pema ()
Date: January 18, 2007 03:32AM

I suspect that *Zig* is in fact CH in person. Note that the Moderator edited out flaming comments. Our Kiwi pal is a bit miffed perhaps? On the subject of Bon lamas/teachers. There are very few genuine Bon lamas/teachers. They all know each other. I spoke to two of them during my initial research. They were both adamant that no Bon lama was in NZ at the time that CH claims to have been under instruction. I also checked out the Bon lama in Canada with whom CH was photographed several years ago. The lama's organisation say they were naive at the time, but later checked and discovered that CH's *lineage* was not the same as their's. They asked for the photo and accompanying text to be taken down from the internet. This request has obviously been ignored.
Pema

Current Page: 7 of 139

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.