Current Page: 4 of 139
Christopher Hansard
Posted by: vaidya ()
Date: January 13, 2007 02:50AM

its not my intent to defend CH - i leave that up to him
i am just sharing my experience

with regard to the siddhis, my personal experience was like shaktipat - a bolt of lightening that seems to dissolve consciousness, at least temporarily - kind of like rebooting a hard drive or something...

as for the DL references, i don't give hoot
as somebody pointed out, referencing the DL is marketing
hell, the DL himself is a marketing tool for tibetan buddhism, which also has many strange and "objectionable" practices like elder monks having sex with virgins, and their disciples having sex with the virgin and practicing vajroli to suck up the mixture of the guru's semen comingled with the [former] virgin's feminine essence into their body - pretty gross if you think about it... i bet the robert thurman crowd doesn't know this, and neither those that go to the sold out stadium DL "concerts" wearing t-shirts stamped with "compassion"

as i said, CH is part showman - its part of the shaman's trade
they perform little tricks to distract you, to confuse you
in india they are on every street corner
like cockroaches

and if you take THAT seriously, then who is the fool?

i say never give yourself away, to any guru

Options: ReplyQuote
Christopher Hansard
Date: January 13, 2007 02:58AM

I see by this link that there is some information about the northern treasure school - skimpy as it is. I think the point this researcher was making was that there is no researchable evidence.

As for the Dalai Lama the reference was also on one of Hansard's numerous web-sites. And by the way, allowing others to use deception to promote you does not forgive you.

btw, CH apparently shares his manifestation (as the la khu) with another in Tibet - a spiritual twin, and this could be what is referred to, but im not really sure

Christopher Hansard
Posted by: chicky! ()
Date: January 13, 2007 05:35AM

I have been to see Christopher and was very let down and just got the feeling that i was there for him to make money out of me. Also I referred someone else there who was extremely ill, he didn't do a thing to treat them and they travelled over 200 miles to see him and the next day that were rushed into hospital with the condition they suffer from. I think if CH is true he would of recognised how ill they are. There is something special about him but I can not put my finger on it.

Also his story is quite unbelieveable of how he came to meet his teacher. I also think that for someone who is meant to be so gifted and special, why would he charge so much to see him!!!!! He has also brought out a lot more lotions and potions which are available on his new website. I do get the feeling that he is here to make money.

Can I ask one question the people on the forum, and that is why are people scared of him?

Christopher Hansard
Date: January 13, 2007 06:58AM

not that this needs be discussed, but a quote from a buddhist sutta:

"It is proper for you Kalamas, to doubt, to be uncertain; uncertainty has arisen in you about what is doubtful......... Come, Kalamas. Do not go upon what has been acquired by repeated hearing; nor upon rumour; nor upon what is in the scripture; nor upon surmise; nor upon an axiom; nor upon specious reasoning; nor upon a bias towards a notion that has been pondered over; nor upon another's seeming ability; nor upon consideration , 'The monk is our teacher'.

Kalamas, when you yourselves know; 'These things are good; these things are not blamable; these things are praised by the wise; undertaken and observed, these things lead to benefit and happiness', enter on and abide in them".

i find it a useful rule of comparison
with regard to CH, he practices most of what he preaches, including the inherent "darkness" of his tradition, but is by most standards a glutton (something that is against his basic teachings of anger, lust and greed)

i'm talking about eight or more huge, thick cohibas over a day - and the night with beer, very good wine, very good food and more cigars

the cigar thing is particularly intense and in and of itself has very cultic qualities, as everyone around invariably starts to smoke cigars - i did a little until i saw the deception of it, including the food and wine etc

i feel that CH is a wild nomad spirit let loose in high urban materiality, and the people closest to him just ape his actions and thus trap him further in the lifestyle

a guru sometimes needs to be taken care of, and put in his place by the people closest to him

CH told me very directly once, in between jokes and the very peculiar waaaay out banter that he enjoins, that its the students responsibiity to know when to put the teacher to bed

later that evening, as i had left CH to the hanger-oners in his hotel room, i remember opening the door to my car on a frozenly bitter cold night and was literally be struck motionless with a voice that entered into my head "no being is free from suffering" - it left me sort of reeling for several seconds...

this statement is the essential truth of many religions, most notably buddhism, but also of bon, or at least the bon that CH teaches

an example of some of the teachings he has "revealed" is the flowering light tantra:

[www.thunder-island.net]

i doubt you will find it in any other source, and if a charlatan can make this up then he is channeling something beyond a need to simply swindle people out their hard earned dollars

i sincerely hope he is not continuing to live excessively and is now taking a more proactive stance to be healthier - i believe that this might be a strong possibility as he did recently find a person that is strong enough to do this

the problem with CH and all gurus is that people are so ready to give up personal responsibility for their own development that they give themselves away and get caught up in an external truth, and thereby perpetuate it

a true guru awakens the inner eye - don't be fooled by appearances

Christopher Hansard
Date: January 13, 2007 07:07AM

hey chicky

its not the forum obviously but ask yourself why you went to see him - what were your expectations? was it just to experience what he could offer? did you have a specific issue?

also, i have had very seriously ill pts come visit me with unrealistic expectations and sometimes it is either too late or they can't realistically do what would be required to get healthy, which is a total transformation

"And there was a woman who had had a flow of blood for twelve years, and who had suffered much under many physicians, and had spent all that she had, and was no better but rather grew worse. She had heard the reports about Jesus, and came up behind him in the crowd and touched his garment. For she said, "If I touch even his garments, I shall be made well." And immediately the hemorrhage ceased; and she felt in her body that she was healed of her disease. And Jesus, perceiving in himself that power had gone forth from him, immediately turned about in the crowd, and said, "Who touched my garments?" And his disciples said to him, "You see the crowd pressing around you, and yet you say, 'Who touched me?'" And he looked around to see who had done it. But the woman, knowing what had been done to her, came in fear and trembling and fell down before him, and told him the whole truth. And he said to her, "Daughter, your faith has made you well; go in peace, and be healed of your disease."

Christopher Hansard
Date: January 13, 2007 07:19AM

Can I ask one question the people on the forum, and that is why are people scared of him?

did you see lord of the rings?
its like being a ring carrier, and the eye of mordor when he looks at you

not everyone sees this aspect, but some do
but its an aspect only

apparently, he can "see" thoughts as a kind energy, and tap into this energy w/o knowing anything about this

for e.g. he was conversing over dinner with a group of friends including a highly studied astrolger, who mentioned some aspect of her personality, and he interupted her by saying something like, "thats because your --blah blah-- is --quinqueblahblah-- your --blablah--"; some minor little aspect of her chart she herself wasn't even sure of (and i obviously don't know, not being an astrologer)

later that night she looked up her chart and found not only was he right about this aspect, but that the aspect was very relevant to what she had stated in conversation

i have seen him pull shit like this ALL the time - details of your life that nobody could possibly know about - its really weird and a little creepy sometimes -

Christopher Hansard
Posted by: Cranial ()
Date: January 14, 2007 03:15AM

I notice that most of Hansard's websites have now been dismantled. The Eden Medical Centre website still exists, but you can no longer enter. The www.christopherhansard.com site that he set-up to sell products no longer exists and neither does www.bonmedicine.com. www.bonmedicine.co.uk still exists however.

I saw him once at Eden Medical Centre and it was one of the most unpleasant experiences I have ever had and I could not wait to get out. At one point, he actually lost his temper with me and shouted. He must be one of the most arrogant people that I have ever met and has the ego to go with it too. He formulated a treatment plan for me that included acupuncture and herbs, however he claimed to be in such great demand that most of the time his 'assistants'/'students' would be carrying out the treatments under his supervision.

He claimed that he was in demand in the local teaching hospitals to go and teach medical students and doctors and also to go to A and E to see very sick patients. How so? Is he also qualified in Western Medicine? If so, I could not find his name on the GMC medical register.

It seems that I had a lucky escape. I was so appalled after the consultation that when I got home, I sat down and composed a letter and sent it in the post the next day and never went back.

Christopher Hansard
Posted by: gondolf ()
Date: January 14, 2007 08:26AM

Hi Cranial,

It is not unusual for accupuncture clinics owned by someone with advanced training to have students and apprentices and lesser trained individuals and so forth to do treatments under supervision.

However, your other concerns are important. Do you remember why he yelled at you? Sometimes people need to be yelled at (though rarely). Sometimes it is just hurtful, or arrogant as in, "how dare you challenge me," etc.

Lieing, and the need to be seen as important is an issue with him it appears. These may have both come into play here.

The guy has some good skills and some unique knowledge but he really needs a therapist, in my opinion.

Christopher Hansard
Posted by: Cranial ()
Date: January 15, 2007 02:53AM

I did reply to this previously, but I think it got lost somewhere along the line and has never been posted. :evil:

Anyway, it went something like this:

I went to see Hansard on the recommendation of a friend. I had genuine problems that I needed help with - hormonal inbalances that caused me mood swings, depression, migraines, stomach pains etc.

When I saw him, at one point during the consultation he flashed with anger and said something to the effect of "I only see sick people". I gained the impression that he felt I was wasting his time by even being there and that treating me was beneath him in some way - just my speculation though.

I did not need shouting at or a good kick up the backside at the time. I was just desperate for some help, which I got in the end, firstly from a medical herbalist and then from a Maya Abdominal Massage practitioner who also gave me a Rainforest Remedy called Female Essence. I have not looked back since following this.

I was so appalled by his treatment, that I carefully composed a letter to his practice manager cancelling further appointments and never went back. I feel I had a lucky escape and never got to see his possible gifts. He is certainly plagued by ego and arrogance is a very big way. He does not seem to be able to shelve his ego and 'stuff' and come from that neutral space that a practitioner/therapist should be able to do.

Christopher Hansard
Posted by: Dorje ()
Date: January 15, 2007 04:19AM

I probably won't get too much into this but I was a friend of Christopher Hansard and his wife when he first started practicing in London in 1990. I also drank wine with him back then but he couldn't afford expensive ones and he didn't smoke.

Before that he worked for phillips electronics. Yes, he also did some fairly crap acting back in NZ before that. Simply put, he's a psychopath. Before he started the whole healing trip he was very scathing about the subject.

After phillips sacked him he lost it for a while. He reinvented himself as a healer. He didn't do the reincarnation bit back then but his story has grown over the years as more and more people have believed his fantasies. Yes he does know a lot about bon - because he's read a lot. He also knows a lot about human psychology. If you want to check his source get 'crowds and power' by canetti.

As a psychopath (by which i mean psychically damaged at a very early age) he does have the ability to invade other peoples thinking. He also feels no shame in taking advantage of your gullibility. It's not so uncommon. Perhaps it's a surprise for you all to come across one in the buddhist/healing world. They normally stick with straight criminality/fraud. He's not that brave. He's only strong around timid, lost, sick, searching people.

Don't worry, he is also vain. He will have to go on telling bigger and bigger stories and getting deeper and deeper into the shit - just to see what he can get away with. From the sound of it his world is crumbling already. I'm happy to hear it. I always hoped he'd go a long way up before crashing down. I'm sorry for his family though.

Don't waste your time trying to undertstand him in buddhist/bon/shaman terms - they actually mean nothing to him - just a hook to catch hungry fish. Don't pollute your beliefs with his foulness.

Just keep away, put out the word, help his victims as best you can and wait.

Current Page: 4 of 139

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.