Current Page: 2 of 139
Christopher Hansard
Posted by: gondolf ()
Date: January 09, 2007 02:16AM

I would like to say this about Hansard: I don't doubt his qualifications in respect to some form of Tibetan medicine, though where he got them is a mysterious and unverifiable story. What I am concerned about is what he is doing to people at other levels. Is this the theme in your file Pema - emotional abuse and exploitation followed by fear? There is a fellow in Canada who tried to call him on some of this but was met by denial, fear and indifference from the community that was built up around him.

Options: ReplyQuote
Christopher Hansard
Posted by: pema ()
Date: January 09, 2007 03:27AM

Hello again,
There is doubt around Hansard's qualifications in Tibetan medicine. I don't want to go into detail here, but I checked this out when I was investigating his activities several years ago. There are many strands to the Hansard scenario. Certainly the ones you mention figure prominently, but there are more.
Pema

Christopher Hansard
Date: January 09, 2007 12:49PM

If there is serious doubts about his qualification in medicine I would certainly like to hear about that, for reasons I can discuss privately when the time comes.

Christopher Hansard
Date: January 09, 2007 12:54PM

Sarah, without giving anything away that might identify you, could you say if your concern with Hansard is professional, or in respect to the way he treats people. Some people really think he walks a thin line between the light and the dark, if you now what I mean.

Christopher Hansard
Date: January 09, 2007 01:10PM

I know a reporter who tried to check out Hansards New Zealand story but couldn't find anyone to verify it.

I also know a researcher into Bon that could also find no evidence of the Northern Treasure School.

That said, everywhere in the world shaman types are very secretive. The aboriginal groups which he also has some association with are equally secretive in respect to their forms of medicine and their practices.

All in all he is both an alarming and fascinating story.

Christopher Hansard
Date: January 10, 2007 04:13AM

Very interesting Gondolf. I was not aware that other journalists were interested in CH. Would you please put your reporter contact/acquaintance in touch with me via this forum? I checked out the NZ-Bon connection. There were no Bonpo lamas in NZ at the time CH claims to have been taught by one.
Pema

Christopher Hansard
Posted by: sarahteasler ()
Date: January 10, 2007 04:24AM

Hello Gondolf & Pema:

My concerns with CH are not necessarily MY concerns as I have had no direct dealings with him. They are concerns that have been shared with me by some of those who have worked closely with him and are in regards to both is professional "claims" and abusive behaviour with clients and students.

He is thought to be a very powerful man and the people I know that are concerned about his creditentials are also afraid to speak out given his abusive behaviour. I had hoped that someone would stand up against this man, but no one seems willing to.

All I know is that he has hurt people in my community and for that I am truly suspicious of him.

Sarah

Christopher Hansard
Date: January 10, 2007 09:12AM

I don't actually recall the name of the individual. I was doing some research and came across a discussion group run by a researcher in zhang zhung and it was there that I discussed his findings. It was a few years ago.

It is important to make a distinction between Bonpos and Hansards claimed lineage. Bonpo is the new Bon, whereas Hansard claims an association with the old Bon Ngagpas who are much more shamanic. Bonpos tend to be more bhuddist.

Still there appears to be no trace of them whatsoever that I've been able to discover. Hansard also speaks a strange shamanic language and uses it in rituals. There is no trace of it anywhere in the world either, except in bits and pieces here and there.

Christopher Hansard
Date: January 10, 2007 07:40PM

Hi Gondolf,
I know about the difference between the old and new Bon traditions. I am a student of Choegyal Namkhai Norbu. I used the term Bonpo rather loosely I guess -- I'm not an academic! I made enquiries into the presence in NZ of any type of Bon adpets and was assured by two reliable sources that there were none at the time that CH claims to have been under instruction. Shamanism is trendy at the moment and there are many people claiming backgrounds in various traditions -- Siberian, Nepalese, Andean, Native American, Tibetan etc: etc: CH seems to have been ahead of the herd in this respect. Pity you can't remember the name of the journalist -- can you supply a link that will take me to the source of your information?
Hi Sarah,
I am close to being able to send private messages via this forum. Would appreciate contact details of people in Canada who might be willing to share their CH experiences with me -- anonymously or otherwise.
Cheers
Pema

Christopher Hansard
Date: January 11, 2007 01:22AM

I think it was here: [groups.yahoo.com]

So you are a practitioner of dzogchen then?

If New Zealand is a dead-end then the question remains where did he learn the stuff that he practices and what is the point of creating this "thunder-being" mythos? Do you know he once played a bit part in a movie, and also wrote soap operas? Maybe this is his idea of a good soap opera, LOL.

Current Page: 2 of 139

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.