John MacArthur/Grace Community/Masters/Lordship
Posted by: bjw ()
Date: November 22, 2006 02:53PM

I am looking for other people that have been hurt by a cult called Grace Community Church (aka Lorship Salvation movement aka Masters Seminary) in Southern California that is headed by leader John MacArthur. They use a mind control counseling system similar to Scientology where someone must sign a clause where the church can't be sued if you committ suicide. They use very abusive tactics. They took me for 40 grand, stole two years of my life, and ruined me. What hurts is he's trying to weasel his way into mainstream Christianity more and more but he's clever because they don't reveal his whole doctrine to new converts and the public. If anyone else has had a bad experience with this cult I would like some people who may like to team up to start some kind of watch-dog or recovery site for others that have been hurt by them. I know one guy whose marriage they broke up so I know there's others out there. If there's been any other threads on him I would appreciate the links as well.

Options: ReplyQuote
John MacArthur/Grace Community/Masters/Lordship
Posted by: bluesouljah ()
Date: December 05, 2006 03:03AM

I've attended Grace's campus fellowship before, and they didn't come across to me as a cult. They're a bit lawful and literal (OT style), but they seemed okay to me. I'd be interested to hear about what others have to say. Maybe there was more than meets the eye?

Re: John MacArthur/Grace Community/Masters/Lordship
Posted by: HansTaaibosch ()
Date: September 07, 2011 06:06PM

I heard bad reports about them.

Posted by: teacher ()
Date: November 08, 2012 02:12AM

hello,i am in italy.please can someone give me more info - they have taken over my dad's church and i am really concerned.please answer.

Posted by: teacher ()
Date: November 08, 2012 02:16AM

If you could contact me i would appreciate it.i have seen yor message is dated 2008...i have just met this group now.much appreciated.
Teacher

Posted by: kr2726 ()
Date: February 08, 2016 06:15AM

This is to "Teacher." I see your message is 4 years old, but since you asked for information about GTY and GCC, please go to www.thewatchmanwakes.com. Many people responded on this website.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.