Pages: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3
cults contacting google search engine
Posted by: nccg_concern ()
Date: November 24, 2006 11:05PM

The Google ranking algorithms are not the only ones out there. I am finding that Microsoft's search engine ( [search.msn.com] ) is doing a great job in ranking sites by the correct relevancy. You might experiment with that one and [search.yahoo.com] as well. I know that Google is the main one these days, but search engine trends tend to be driven by how well they work, so it can be worth seeing how the searches do in those.

--NCCG_Concern
[www.nccg.info]

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: kath ()
Date: November 24, 2006 11:50PM

The Anticult
Very generic name. Strange for a cult, as they often choose Grandiose names to reflect the Ego of their founder...The Royal Way...etc...

I think it's that the founder only gave it a name out of necessity for dealing with the local Council etc. Doing that gave him ideas. Then he met his current other half who wanted a vehicle for world domination :D

I'll experiment with the msn and other search engines.

Posted by: max29 ()
Date: December 04, 2006 11:31AM

I have also noticed this with my favorite cult to monitor, Apostolos Campus Ministry. I found that on google you can send in a comment about any search that you make, and they (google) say that they will try to improve their system. I figure that if google receives a series of identical requests that their system must automatically think that it is a problem that needs to be adressed and fix it. This is a very tricky thing to do, it is completely dispicable. I am disgusted by the mountain of lies and secrecy of cults like this.

Posted by: kath ()
Date: December 04, 2006 11:51AM

That no-one stands up to cults/destructive groups is what astounds me. People will be very clear in private what their view of them is but no-one is prepared to do anything but whitewash them on the record, I presume for fear of nastiness towards them personally.

And institutions such as academia, websites and other corporations back them up too. (I don't mean particularly in a conspiracy-theory type way but in an organisations have more clout and respect than even motivated groups of ex-members way.)

Pages: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.