Current Page: 2 of 3
cults contacting google search engine
Posted by: kath ()
Date: November 22, 2006 07:49PM

When I search for this site using Google it is the top listed response. I searched with quote marks: "Rick Ross". No problems, number one!

I know, I don't mean that I mean that if you search for individual groups under their individual names, some of them have removed the google listing of threads about them on this forum.

Options: ReplyQuote
Date: November 22, 2006 08:01PM

cultreporter
Get a blog site. As far as I know (and hundreds of complaints were logged against my freesite, so I can only assume the blog has been subjected to the same treatment, but without success) you can say pretty much anything on a blog, and they do rank.

These are all brill tips, thanks:) Do you spend much time over your SOI blog? Only I feel it's wrong for me to spend too much time writing, focussing on etc a destructive group.

Posted by: The Anticult ()
Date: November 22, 2006 10:14PM

kath
... I mean that if you search for individual groups under their individual names, some of them have removed the google listing of threads about them on this forum.

Hey Kath, they can't do that, unless there was a big lawsuit. Most likely they have just dropped in the rankings.
If you can give a specific example, I will look into it, to see if a thread from this forum is there.

Google doesn't let anyone mess with their rankings, even racist sites are not able to be blocked.

Posted by: max29 ()
Date: November 22, 2006 10:31PM

I wonder how they contact google, does anyone know.

I think this just goes to show how sinister they are, how much they want to manipulate people and how much they really have to hide. Like someone else said above the truth is out, and people are much smarter then these groups think, if someone wants to find the truth they will find it.

I think there is anyother group who is contacting google, this page used to come up just by googling their name now it does not, it has been buried onto the thrid or fourth page when it used to have first page standing. It is too bad that they are so manipulative. But when people want to find the truth they will find it.

Date: November 22, 2006 10:55PM

Hi guys, just to be clear, these cults cannot contact Google to get a ranking by Google changed. Google will not do that.
Google will not even remove or change sites which are antisemitic and racist, unless they are forced to by a judge.

When the sites "drop" in the Google ranking that is due usually to the posting frequency dropping in the thread. If you want the thread higher, [b:511817f497]you need to post dozens of LINKS to the thread on important websites[/b:511817f497].
Believe me, these tiny cults cannot block threads from this website from Google, and cannot change the Google ranking directly.

Google's search is run by computers, and how it works is a trade secret.
But the Google computers do seem to DROP the ranking of forum posting sites, once the posting reduces in frequency.
Again, these little cults, or even big cults, cannot block Google from indexing the threads here, or effect their ranking.

Its important to be accurate about this, and not give those cults any power they don't deserve. So these cults are not able to influence Google, unless there is a big lawsuit, and a judge forces them.

Our search results are generated completely objectively and are independent of the beliefs and preferences of those who work at Google. Some people concerned about this issue have created online petitions to encourage us to remove particular links or otherwise adjust search results. Because of our objective and automated ranking system, Google cannot be influenced by these petitions. The only sites we omit are those we are legally compelled to remove or those maliciously attempting to manipulate our results.

Here is some info to read about this.
[www.adl.org]

Date: November 23, 2006 12:07AM

by the way, here is a specific example to show the cults can't go to Google to remove websites, or alter the ranking.

Landmark would have gone to Google for YEARS with hundreds of pages of legal threats to take [b:336e14c746]this very website [/b:336e14c746]out of Google completely. Google obviously just told them "show us an order from a judge to do it", that is, show us the legal PROOF of your claims.

Landmark also went after the Ross Institute, and tried to literally put it out of business. The the ONLY way for Landmark to get this website out of Google, would be to try to use legal threats against the Ross Institute, which they tried and failed.

So even Landmark who was willing to spend millions in lawsuits, was not able to influence the Google ranking of this site at all, and that includes these forums.

[www.google.com]

Date: November 23, 2006 02:33AM

I can only think that Rhiannon of the Pagan Assiciation UK has maniacally put their name everywhere online so the thread had sunk.

She will never sink all criticism of the Pagan Association (UK) :D though because they will make new enemies by making similar mistakes, I imagine.

As for raising the profile/search engine ranking of criticism of groups, I'd be very interested in any suggestions which don't take a fanatical amount of time, whereas Rhiannon seems to spend all her time trying to 'spin' her group because it needs it, I think its good to have other hobbies as well. :)

Someone else has started an anti -Pagan Association (UK) forum to discuss the problems with them, it's brand new but will grow.

So- the blog thing, is that the quickest and easiest way of raising the profile of criticism? or are there other clever ways?

Date: November 23, 2006 12:45PM

Yes, that is what would happen, if she posted the name everywhere, and the LINKS to her site, it gives her a better ranking.

Here is a trick with Google.

Post LINKS to the thread you want to promote, with lots of descriptive WORDS. But post these in the COMMENTS section of MAJOR HIGH-TRAFFIC WEBSITES. (little Blogs are not as good, its better with major websites).
All you have to do is write a clear message, with some links you want to promote. Then CUT-PASTE, and boom, it only takes seconds. Once you have it written, then each time you see somewhere to post, then post it. BUt CHANGE some words each time you post it, as I bet Google can tell if its a cut-paste job. (those programmers are genuises, in m book).

If you posted links 5 minutes a day all over the place, then in a short period of time you would see some results.

The problem with Pagan Association are the words are so common.

For instance, if you search google for PSI Seminars[/color:0872147bff] threads at this forum are at the top, as PSI is an uncommon word.

[www.google.com]

kath
I can only think that Rhiannon of the Pagan Assiciation UK has maniacally put their name everywhere online so the thread had sunk.

As for raising the profile/search engine ranking of criticism of groups, I'd be very interested in any suggestions which don't take a fanatical amount of time, whereas Rhiannon seems to spend all her time trying to 'spin' her group because it needs it, I think its good to have other hobbies as well. :)

Date: November 23, 2006 07:53PM

Pagan Association (UK).

wierd choice of name innit? Brill, thanks for your tips. I will be PMing people too:)

Date: November 23, 2006 09:51PM

kath
Pagan Association (UK).
wierd choice of name innit?

Very generic name. Strange for a cult, as they often choose Grandiose names to reflect the Ego of their founder...The Royal Way...etc...

Current Page: 2 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.