Pages: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3
cults contacting google search engine
Posted by: kath ()
Date: November 22, 2006 01:19AM

In an effort to suppress the very vocal and serious criticism of them, some cults seem to have got the threads about them on this site, which would rate at least in the top 20 or something on the google search engine, completely removed from it.

It can't just be that it's sunk down the ratings as even searches for 'Rick Ross' or 'cult' plus the organisations' name register nothing. Even obscure mentions on sites would have some listing/mention. It really seems like they have contacted google and got them removed.

Just shows how some people have to censor all criticism of them maniacally I suppose.

So, has anyone heard of any groups doing this? It seems to have happened at least with the 'Pagan Association'.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: just-googling ()
Date: November 22, 2006 01:22AM

kath
In an effort to suppress the very vocal and serious criticism of them, some cults seem to have got the threads about them on this site, which would rate at least in the top 20 or something on the google search engine, completely removed from it.

It can't just be that it's sunk down the ratings as even searches for 'Rick Ross' or 'cult' plus the organisations' name register nothing. Even obscure mentions on sites would have some listing/mention. It really seems like they have contacted google and got them removed.

Just shows how some people have to censor all criticism of them maniacally I suppose.

So, has anyone heard of any groups doing this? It seems to have happened at least with the 'Pagan Association'.

IT'S TOO LATE - most people already know about this site!!

Date: November 22, 2006 01:26AM

I mean in connection with the specific groups these people are fanatically trying to 'spin'.

I imagine it would be a tactic tried by Landmark and other groups too.

Posted by: just-googling ()
Date: November 22, 2006 02:33AM

Yes, I'm sure SOI (Science of Identity) has done this as well.

Posted by: The Anticult ()
Date: November 22, 2006 03:41AM

Kath, we would have to try and look at specific examples.
Google search is run by robots, and people can't block Google from indexing OTHER people's sites.
But what happens is that the Google robot has a couple hundred raking criteria. Sometimes a forum posting site like this is at the top for while.
Then once the posting frequency drops off, the site drops down the Google ranking.
Especially if it uses common words.

Post the specific links in this thread from this forum you are looking for, and I can show you if they are still in the Google index.

Date: November 22, 2006 03:52AM

Here is the Pagan Association thread.
The last time Google indexed it was March 2006.

[www.google.com]

To promote a thread, put LINKS to the thread in permanent sites all over the internet. Dozens of them, from blogs, and other HIGH-TRAFFIC IMPORTANT sites, comment areas on big websites, etc.

It might help a bit if some people entered the link below into Google again, with lots of keywords. It might kick-start it.
[www.google.com]

(post this link below on 50 popular internet sites, with lots of KEYWORDS in the text, and that will help!)

Pagan Association- dismantling a cult?
[board.culteducation.com]
(or this shoter link also seems to work for the same thread)
[board.culteducation.com]

Date: November 22, 2006 03:59AM

If you search

"Pagan association" cult [/color:9e09eb079a]

it comes up #7 on Google!
[www.google.com]

but if you search...withouth the " "

Pagan association cult [/color:9e09eb079a]

then it gets lost, as the words are too common.

Date: November 22, 2006 05:35AM

I'm sure it wasn't doing that earlier! lol, all is not lost.

Does anyone else here use 'yahoo answers' to raise the profile of criticism of a cult? I know the 'anti-AA' people do.

Posted by: Jack Oskar Larm ()
Date: November 22, 2006 12:00PM

When I search for this site using Google it is the top listed response. I searched with quote marks: "Rick Ross". No problems, number one!

Posted by: cultreporter ()
Date: November 22, 2006 07:48PM

just-googling
Yes, I'm sure SOI (Science of Identity) has done this as well.

I bet they would like to try. Don't forget I lived with the tech guy there :wink:

One day he gave me a tutorial in how to get things ranking on Google while he was trying to satisfy his boss by getting Firm-n-Fold to no.1 so thanks Bren

Ex-SOI are doing pretty well google wise.

For 'Siddhaswarupananda' the thread Krishna Group in Hawaii comes up on the first page and my site

www.science-of-identity.blogspot.com

comes up no's 14 and 15

'Australian School of Meditation'
I am nos 7 and 8

'Jagad Guru'

cult forum comes up first page nos 4 and 5

I am no 9

If I may offer a couple of tips if you want to keep info about this Pagan Association on-line

Get a blog site. As far as I know (and hundreds of complaints were logged against my freesite, so I can only assume the blog has been subjected to the same treatment, but without success) you can say pretty much anything on a blog, and they do rank.

Put the main focus you want to come up in the title because apparently the Google crawler picks up on the first 3 words most of all.

Shy away from abbreviations. For ease of reading I use Siddha a lot instead of Siddhaswarupananda and SOI instead of Science of Identity and this interferes with the ranking.

The more a term shows up the higher it will rank. www.blogger.com is best of all the blog sites (and I have tried them all out) and the beta option is by far superior to the standard version. With all the free web options about you could set up mirror sites all over the place. I haven't tried this out yet, but I have heard that you can get banned if your site is an obvious mirror or obviously directing traffic to another site - so be creative.

Pages: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.