Current Page: 2 of 3
The Church in Indianapolis (Mike Peters' Group)
Posted by: graceisall ()
Date: December 22, 2006 12:42PM

Thanks, Ruffeo for sharing that story. I hope others will see that these same sad stories of heartache and destruction can't be hidden for long. It is all coming to the light. Even if it hurts right now, joy comes in the morning. I am sorry to hear so many heartbreaking testimonies as people come out of Mike Peters cultish teachings. I know there can be freedom as it's meant to be.

For anyone who needs encouragement and to educate yourself check out:

[www.indianapoliscult.com]

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: ruffeo ()
Date: January 02, 2007 10:16PM

Ladies and Gentlemen,

We have now completed the FactNet List…

To all who care it can be found on the menu at [www.indianapoliscult.com]

Or [www.indianapoliscult.com]

(PDF) [www.indianapoliscult.com]

This should help nail down what this group is about, since most folks are left scratching their heads as to what Mike Peters teaches/does. It has almost been one year since maleman a.k.a. The Hero, asked one simple question: “Any ideas of what this[group] could be?” Ever since then many people have been blessed with an opportunity to see the truth and choose to follow blindly the teachings of men or take another look at what the Indianapolis Group is about.

Posted by: genefredette ()
Date: January 09, 2007 01:02PM

I am very sorry to hear that Mike is still up to his old tricks. I used to be a member of a church in Burlington, Vermont during the early 1980's when Mike was there. He was very controlling then and wound up taking many of the young people with him to Indianapolis with the understanding that the church was dead and the older members were pretty much worthless. He almost destroyed that wonderful family and everyone was glad to see him go. He is destructive and manipulative. He is indeed a very dangerous man. I feel for all of his victims and pray that your lives can be restored.

Posted by: ruffeo ()
Date: January 10, 2007 01:10PM

genefredette
I am very sorry to hear that Mike is still up to his old tricks. I used to be a member of a church in Burlington, Vermont during the early 1980's when Mike was there. He was very controlling then and wound up taking many of the young people with him to Indianapolis with the understanding that the church was dead and the older members were pretty much worthless. He almost destroyed that wonderful family and everyone was glad to see him go. He is destructive and manipulative. He is indeed a very dangerous man. I feel for all of his victims and pray that your lives can be restored.

This is very sad, how did he nearly destroy this family?

Posted by: joythruchrist ()
Date: January 10, 2007 02:09PM

Thanks for your courage, Gene. We appreciate this glimpse into the beginning of it all. This has clearly been escalating for some time. Is there anyone else from that time period who knows about all this?

Along with you, I am praying for restoration of the victims and for the redemption of Mike.

Date: January 10, 2007 02:20PM

By trying to rub others sin in their faces who were foolish enough to confess to him. He also wanted too much control and challenged the elders way too much. It was sad they remained silent for whatever reason I am sure he will try to exploit. This was not the most spiritually mature congregation by far however; they looked up to him and he LET THEM DOWN.....

Date: January 11, 2007 12:38AM

There are others and I have spoken to them. Unfortunately, they do not consider Mike worth their time to get involved. I will keep working on one guy though. He has much to offer however; he does not feel the need to get involved because he may have confessed some things to Mike and does not want a spitting contest with him.

Mike is not the big bad wolf here folks. He is just a man who likes to stir up things for his own personal glory that will eventually lead to his shame. The Lord will deal with him and those who are like him. Forgive each other and God will forgive you. I will continue to pray for all of you; it is tragic indeed. Your past is the past and I hope your future will be much brighter. I know this sounds way too easy but, ignore the fool for he holds no power over anyone unless they give it to him. The public who read the rantings and ravings of him and his foot-soldiers see through his hypocrisy and believe me..he is digging himself a hole. Keep up the good work everyone. Your efforts will not be in vain

Sincerely;

Gene Fredette; M.Min.

Posted by: Mark Scheiderer ()
Date: January 15, 2007 04:32AM

Try contacting the folks at [www.familiesagainstcults.com] . They've dealt with those that have been harmed by this group.

Posted by: graceisall ()
Date: January 17, 2007 11:24AM

I wanted to say "thank you" to Gene for speaking out. We are all praying for the freedom of many who under Mike Peters' control.

Posted by: coyote ()
Date: January 25, 2007 02:12AM

I understand from a previous remark you made that you were a member of the church of Christ in S. Burlington, Vt during the 80's when Mike was there. I am currently a member of the S. Burlington church and knew Mike when he was there. I also knew him from a Texas connection. Having sat "at his feet" often during those years, it is chilling to hear the remarks from those who have been negatively affected by him. I truly admired him then, but even then I could see his manipulative actions at work and was grounded enough to not be controlled by him (or maybe just lucky). I can remember once my wife and I confronted him with a what was a rumored 'indescretion' on his part. Instead of calmly dealing with it in an attempt to bring out the truth, he 'flew off the handle' and practically screamed at us and saying we were full of sin and had no business questioning his integrity. Mike has never liked authority and has always refused to be accountable to anyone. In my opinion this is a very unhealthy way for anyone professing to be a Christian to live. We all need to be accountable to each other under Christs' teachings.

Current Page: 2 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.