Current Page: 7 of 10
Am I just lizard food?
Date: November 25, 2006 02:08AM

I actually thought that Sasha Baron Cohen (Borat) incorperated a lot of Icke's ideas into his movie.

1 Shapeshifting Paranoia

2 Leading a crowd of cowboys on at a rodeo with "I hope that George Bush will personally drink the blood of every man, woman and child in Iraq" followed by "YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAHHHHH!"(the crowd)

3 following that up with "I hope you destroy their country so that not even a reptile could survive in that wasteland for the next thousand years!"

Options: ReplyQuote
Am I just lizard food?
Posted by: The Anticult ()
Date: November 25, 2006 02:09AM

ok, let me revise me view on David Icke.
I have just looked at his website, which I had not looked at in a long time.

[www.davidicke.com]

British author exposes the reptilian bloodline that rules the world. Learn the truth about many people, including the British Royals, Brian Mulroney..

His main idea is the Reptilian Bloodline, that is not a sideshow.
Then he is asking for money to join his website, he is selling DVD's, CD's, and anything else he can.

He is also begging for donations on the same page.

David Icke is also involved in some type of lawsuit.

He is also linking to selling bogus supplements to remove mucoid plaque, bogus water, bogus greens, bogus healing rocks...

So let me revise my view.
David Icke is mainly a money hungry scammer, and crazy like a fox, and his business team is milking people for all they can. Talk about a Cynic!?

Am I just lizard food?
Posted by: cultreporter ()
Date: November 25, 2006 02:27AM

:roll: And Randi isn't making a cent from what he does :roll:

Not a scam. Like you are fond of saying people believe whatever they want.

Randi plainly states that both parties (himself and the party accepting the challenge) must agree in advance as to what conditions of the test constitute a "success" and what constitutes a "failure". He also refuses to accept any challengers who might suffer serious injury or death as a result of the test they intend to undergo.

However, [b:46de70c811]Randi has been quoted as saying that it is not possible for paranormal abilities to be true and he has been quoted as saying, "I always have an out ... I'm right!"[/b:46de70c811]

Again that good old mindset of enquiry and open mindedness that you were referring to :wink:

Randi entered the international spotlight in 1972 when he challenged the public claims of Uri Geller. Randi accused Geller of being nothing more than a charlatan using standard "magic" tricks to accomplish his allegedly paranormal feats, and he backed up his claims in the book The Magic of Uri Geller. [b:46de70c811]The original edition contained a number of factual errors[/color:46de70c811][/b:46de70c811], including the claim that Geller had been convicted of fraud in a criminal trial, and misstatements about whether there was a clear view of the window in the room where Geller did his work, a place Randi had never been to[/b[/color:46de70c811]]. Randi's critics claim these errors are deliberate and that they undermine Randi's credibility. Several publications that reprinted Randi's allegations were successfully sued by Geller, or they settled with him. Randi subsequently produced a revised edition of the book, called The Truth About Uri Geller.

Randi was a founding fellow and prominent member of CSICOP, the Committee for Scientific Investigation of Claims of the Paranormal. Randi later resigned from CSICOP during the period when Geller was filing numerous civil suits against him. CSICOP's leadership, wanting to avoid becoming a target of Geller's litigation, requested that Randi refrain from commenting on Geller. Randi refused and resigned. He still maintains a respectful relationship with the group and frequently writes articles for its magazine.

Randi has gone on to write several books criticizing beliefs and claims regarding the paranormal. He has also been instrumental in exposing frauds and charlatans who exploit this field for personal gain. In one example, his Project Alpha hoax, Randi revealed that he had been able to orchestrate a years-long compromise of a privately-funded psychic research experiment. [/b[/color:46de70c811]]The hoax became a scandal and demonstrated the shortcomings of many paranormal research projects at the university level. Some said that the hoax was unethical, while others claimed his actions were a legitimate exercise in debunking poor research techniques.

Skeptics cannot prove that psychic powers do not exist. Moreover they have absolutely no idea how they even work. Genuine pre-cognitive, not those people that claim to be psychics and yes make bucketloads of cash that are proven to be fake over and over again, have no control over the ability. There are thousands of unexplained occurences in the world that cannot be explained away and are put forward by people, whether they are true or not, who do so in complete belief that something inexplicable has occurred which they do not attempt to explain or profit from. I am not about to sit here and try to document anything for a Randi disciple though - I have enough to busy myself trying to prove that SOI is bogus to a bunch of people that have already made up their minds and don't accept any facts that are put in front of them.

Randi routinely refuses to test faith healing, pranic healing and claims that homeopathy is rubbish - as well as many other natural therapies (my how charmingly establishment) yet he offers no proof of this. He is an arrogant twat that has already made up his mind that the world should grovel before him and that proof be presented to him on a plate - pure showmanship without a shred of science in it.

Good luck with the reality show idea, I am sure he wouldn't turn down the chance to make some more money for himself - a clapped out magician that couldn't make it half as big as he could pulling the religion of 'science' out of his butt. Tah dah!

Am I just lizard food?
Posted by: Acid Reindeer ()
Date: November 25, 2006 02:44AM

The Anticult
The Randi Challenge is very tough.
But I knew a guy who said he could "move a pencil with his mind".

So I tried to set it up, and of course, he backed out.

plenty of things can't work under laboratory conditions. I can make an audience give me a standing ovation. I can give my sexual partner an orgasm. how would you prove those statements?

Am I just lizard food?
Posted by: kath ()
Date: November 25, 2006 03:11AM

Acid Reindeer
plenty of things can't work under laboratory conditions. I can make an audience give me a standing ovation. I can give my sexual partner an orgasm. how would you prove those statements?

I don't see how either of those would be hard to prove. They can even fit a camera internally nowadays which could tell when the vital moment happens :D

Am I just lizard food?
Posted by: Acid Reindeer ()
Date: November 25, 2006 03:13AM

The Anticult
Do you have the links to the Creationist Challenge?

Kent Hovind offered it. I can't link to the page where he talks about it so he seems to have retracted his offer.

Am I just lizard food?
Date: November 25, 2006 03:25AM

cultreporter wrote

Randi entered the international spotlight in 1972.....

Thanks for the bit of cutting and pasting from wikipedia there :D I personally like wikipedia but its considered polite to let people know when what you write is not all your own work.

As to Randi, it is an enlightening article on wikipedia but I think he's entitled to his character flaws like the rest of us.

Sceptics would say they can prove homeopathy etc don't work as they have no result above that of placebo.

Also for psychic and other claims, the onus is on those making the extraordinary claims to prove them, rather than on sceptics to prove otherwise.

It's proof enough anyway that there is -no evidence- of a scientific standard- for most alt med/psychic claims.

As to sceptics not coming up with new stuff- who do you think are all the scientists coming up with stuff that actually does something? :D

I consider myself a sceptic but I'm a believer and spiritual practitioner as well to an extent. I think that's quite open minded. It'd be brill if all the things like healing, ghosts etc could be scientifically proved- I don't think they will though, but I'll continue to enjoy them :)

Am I just lizard food?
Posted by: zelig ()
Date: November 25, 2006 03:25AM

Rama Das (slave name)
I actually thought that Sasha Baron Cohen (Borat) incorperated a lot of Icke's ideas into his movie.

1 Shapeshifting Paranoia

2 Leading a crowd of cowboys on at a rodeo with "I hope that George Bush will personally drink the blood of every man, woman and child in Iraq" followed by "YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAHHHHH!"(the crowd)

3 following that up with "I hope you destroy their country so that not even a reptile could survive in that wasteland for the next thousand years!"

[b:7b29d43d03]Of course! And Sasha Baron (Royal blood line) Cohen (elite preistly class of Jews) must be of lizard descent and promoting lizard agenda!

The whole movie is even more hysterical when you understand the Hebrew and Polish Borat speaks! The translations only match about two lines in the whole movie! In jokes inside of an in joke! Or perhaps secret directives to other lizards like myself! 8) [/b:7b29d43d03]

Am I just lizard food?
Date: November 25, 2006 03:35AM

zelig
The whole movie is even more hysterical when you understand the Hebrew and Polish Borat speaks! The translations only match about two lines in the whole movie! In jokes inside of an in joke! Or perhaps secret directives to other lizards like myself! 8) [/b]

LOL I did wonder whether it was real 'foreign' he was speaking. This is probably very off-topic here but I'd love to know what sort of things he's really saying :D :D

PM me!!
Love
Kath

Am I just lizard food?
Posted by: cultreporter ()
Date: November 25, 2006 03:42AM

kath
cultreporter wrote

Randi entered the international spotlight in 1972.....

Thanks for the bit of cutting and pasting from wikipedia there :D I personally like wikipedia but its considered polite to let people know when what you write is not all your own work.

I did not claim that it was my own work and nor did I get it from wikipedia, although it is published in several places on-line. So now you want to start in on criticising my character because I don't agree with your line huh? :roll:

[www.answers.com]

Sure he's entitled to his character flaws if you say so - but as I said about Icke so I am being balanced at least, we should look at the background of the person who is telling us something to decide if this is a person worth listening to. He admits to being closed minded, interfering with research, fabricating 'evidence' and making false claims.

How can the honus be on psychics or whatever to prove their claims are genuine - Randi is making claims that he cannot back-up seems to me that it should work both ways.

Current Page: 7 of 10

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.