Current Page: 2 of 10
Am I just lizard food?
Posted by: The Anticult ()
Date: November 20, 2006 07:10AM

all serious comments aside, I found that Lizard baby-eating stuff to be extremely disturbing.
The guy I knew who was into Icke, believed that George Bush II was a Lizard, and literally was not human! He also believed if you watched videos of Bush, you could see him "flash" for a micro-second into a Lizard, as he wasn't eating enough babies, I think.
I also recall reading that the current Queen of England is also a baby-eater.

That is very sick stuff, from someone who's mind has broken down, and is generating perverse delusions. But what's most disturbing, is that not a tiny number of people go along with the madness.

Sadly, [b:6bf2433d2a]humans can literally believe anything,[/b:6bf2433d2a] whether or not it has any basis in reality, and things can go haywire for people.

Options: ReplyQuote
Am I just lizard food?
Date: November 20, 2006 10:50PM

You speak as if the things in his books are just pure fiction, like he completely invented all of it.

Not that they are true, they are the result of gathering much information from many different people and sources.

The stuff about baby eating and all that is from various people telling him very similar stories.

Of course David Icke is an easy target, but unfortunately the rest of his work, outside of reptillians (including reptillians, too, actually) is very thoroughly researched, sourced and elaborated on.

I mention Alex Jones because he covers EXACTLY what David Icke does, yet not anything non-human.
He covers everything David Icke does, provides much evidence, documentation and official acknowledgement and is a very grounded individual.

Maybee you should put Alex Jones up to the test.
Maybee when you put David Icke up to the test, you did not take into account that ALL his reptilian information is from somebody else's experience, or at least their testimony and absolutely none of it invented by him.(It is not known to be otherwise, perhaps some cannot be verified because the individual wants anonymity, but there would be a very adequate amount of people to verify that Icke is relaying what they told him.)

If he knows that he is just presenting information that has come to him, as it came to him (unaltered) and if this is really the case (as it may well be) then he is not "paranoid" "delusional" or "just making it up."

It does not make the information true, but it does mean that the person may not be crazy as you describe.

Am I just lizard food?
Posted by: kath ()
Date: November 21, 2006 07:05AM

Rama Das (slave name)
Of course David Icke is an easy target, but unfortunately the rest of his work, outside of reptillians (including reptillians, too, actually) is very thoroughly researched, sourced and elaborated on.

No-one takes Icke seriously as a 'scholar' or researcher. He often quotes from one book alone the whole way through, or quotes from books which are to varying degrees works of fiction.

Who here thinks his writings/followers are anti-semitic, some people have said the Far Right are fans of his? But I'm not sure about that.
Love
Kath

Am I just lizard food?
Posted by: Jack Oskar Larm ()
Date: November 21, 2006 12:26PM

Rama Das (slave name)
You speak as if the things in his books are just pure fiction, like he completely invented all of it.

He probably did. And he's entitled to his imagination. The same can be said of most doctrine pretending to be truth. But what is truth? Pure subjectivity, if you ask me. For example, study the origins of the Holy Bible and you'll find that it is no more the work of God than say, Alice In Wonderland or The Lord Of The Rings. A good place to start with regard to the origins of the Bible is Barbara G. Walker's, The Woman's Encyclopedia Of Myths And Secrets (pages 96-101). I won't totally dismiss the 'power' of the Holy Bible ... it just doesn't do anything for me, except reveal itself as a collection of secondhand stories borrowed/stolen from much older mythologies.

So, as one of six billion grains of divinity on planet Earth, I say 'none' of Icke's reasoning rings true to me. Hey, I want to believe in aliens and other intelligence in the cosmos, but the facts are very slim on the ground and in the heavens.

And, yes, it would be very satisfying to think that those in power are inhuman!

Am I just lizard food?
Date: November 21, 2006 12:36PM

To say that he did just invent it all is grounded in less research and understanding than anything Icke has ever done.

Am I just lizard food?
Date: November 22, 2006 11:38AM

kath
No-one takes Icke seriously as a 'scholar' or researcher. He often quotes from one book alone the whole way through, or quotes from books which are to varying degrees works of fiction.

G'day Kath,

Excuse the cliche, but the proof is in the pudding. I agree that Icke cannot be taken seriously with regard to his research abilities. When I mention someone like Barbara Walker and her book (above), she includes 13 pages of bibliography from a very wide range of sources - a testimony to her research abilities (IMO).

In fact, the more I look into Icke's credentials the less I am impressed by his intellect. I'll accept that lack of intellect alone does not dismiss a person's message, but in this case I really believe he has nothing more than a wild, misguided imagination.

Someone like Icke probably also believes in Bigfoot and the Loch Ness monster. :roll:

Am I just lizard food?
Posted by: kath ()
Date: November 23, 2006 02:40AM

Jack Oskar Larm
Someone like Icke probably also believes in Bigfoot and the Loch Ness monster. :roll:

No, that wouldn't be attention-seeking enough to sell books etc or just get talked about. He'd only be interested if he could claim that Tony Blair is descended from the Loch Ness monster and was initiated by Bigfoot into a worldwide masonic Illuminati or something like that.

The 'reptilian royal family' thing was so spectacular it makes me wonder how he's going to keep on making up stuff that outlandish. I look forward to what he says next and how the 'normal' media will mock it :)

Am I just lizard food?
Date: November 23, 2006 05:38AM

Yeah, we're a weird bunch, we humans. I'm sure there was a time when some 'crazy' person tried to convince others of the existance of huge reptillians that once roamed the earth. The difference, of course, is that a concerted effort later produced the bones of dinosaurs. And that's the difference with Icke - he just doesn't have any evidence. Nothing.

I'd hate to sound like the religious right who imprisoned and murdered 'crazy' people for thinking the world wasn't flat, but like I said, there's a big difference between 'saying stuff' and 'putting in the effort to back your own theories'.

So, Mister David Icke, please, please, give me a shred of evidence (a polaroid will do) to back your claims. But just keep your out-of-focus snapshots with your other family photos...

Am I just lizard food?
Date: November 23, 2006 05:41AM

The Anticult
One of the ways out of the cult and LGAT mental traps, is to practice very precise and careful "reality testing". That is using the mental tools of Critical Thinking, skeptical analysis, and the scientific method.
That means taking any "theory" and subjecting it to the most rigorous factual analysis avaliable. That is an entire study in itself.

Do this with Icke's information about American Presidents all being descended from Royal bloodlines.
Not made up, absolutely true, researched, documented, provable.

Am I just lizard food?
Posted by: muppet ()
Date: November 23, 2006 06:09AM

Jack,
You may be interested in Jon Ronson's book [i:74c394675b]Them[/i:74c394675b] which is available at amazon and also his website www.jonronson.com

also this link [books.guardian.co.uk]

David Icke, for all his wild theories, seems harmless, in comparison with some of the subjects of this forum, dont you think?

Current Page: 2 of 10

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.