Board has reached 20,000 posts
Posted by: rrmoderator ()
Date: October 25, 2006 10:52PM

This message board has reached and passed 20,000 posts and counting.

And due to ongoing moderation that number does not include spam, advertising, etc.

"Flamers" and "trolls" have been quickly contained too.

So that means there is quite a bit of serious discussion, first hand accounts and information exchanged here that visitors can search through and utilize.

Google and other search engines also search through this site and offer access to the information here.

Thanks everyone for making this growing archive possible and helping to create this meaningful Internet resource.

Along the way there were legal challenges from some unhappy folks, such as Landmark Education, but such efforts to censor this site have failed.

Likewise, any effort to identify users that wish to stay anonymous has also failed.

Again, thank you for your participation.

Posted by: bluesouljah ()
Date: October 30, 2006 07:58PM

Who posted the 20,000th post? (just out of curiosity)

Date: October 30, 2006 08:48PM

Don't know.

Posted by: windofchanges ()
Date: October 31, 2006 12:21AM

Rick, this is terrific news. Thanks so much for providing these excellent Forums and your entire website. :!:

In addition to RickRoss.com, or, perhaps, sometimes [i:dfb2d533c4]because[/i:dfb2d533c4] of it, you are also a target and "boundary setter" for cults that sue -- and so many have sued you directly, including Landmark, NXIVM, and Gentle Wind Project (the group led by John and Mary Miller that we were followers of for 17 years).

Since we were/are also defendants in the Millers' GWP lawsuits we were able to take courage from your example of not backing down. Because of this we are still maintaining our website about the group and the right to tell our story. The Millers' most recent lawsuit against us isn't yet over though we may have more to report soon.

We look forward to the next 20,000 postings here!

Jim and Judy

Date: October 31, 2006 01:11AM

Thanks.

Congratulations on bringing GWP to the attention of the Maine Attorney General, who shut the group down in that state.

When groups called "cults" sue the litigation often leads to their undoing, and/or more negative attention.

Posted by: driver ()
Date: November 18, 2006 06:36AM

zelig
Thanks Rick Ross for providing a free and safe place for people to spill their guts out about their cult experiences without fear. Hopefully it will continue to serve as a lighthouse beacon for fellow travelers against shipwrecking their lives in a cult.

Oh, I thought this forum was a way to attack innocent, new Christian groups as “cults” while maybe catching an occasional one or two real cults. Whoops, I guess I was wrong. :roll:

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.