Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Kabbalah Children's Academy
Posted by: samanthasmom ()
Date: September 08, 2003 02:24AM

Hello,

My ex-husband concealed my 6 1/2 year-old daughter's whereabouts from me for over a year. In January, I finally located her, and have been involved in a very complex, interstate custody matter ever since. I am hopeful that it will end very soon.

Immediately after I found my daughter, her dad enrolled her in Kindergarten at the Kabbalah Children's Academy in Los Angeles. He had been taking classes at the Kabbalah Centre for some time, and also taking our daughter to Friday night Shabbat services there.

Where do I begin about this school? First, let me preface by saying that I was born and raised Jewish. This school is hardly what I would call traditional. My daughter graduated Kindergarten without learning how to read. I have had conferences with the teachers and former principal of the school, and never felt so unwelcome and uncomfortable in my life! Apparently, unless you are a member, you're out!

Now, let's move on to what I have noticed in my daughter. First, she claims that the Kabbalah Centre says that she shouldn't spend time with her mommy. She "has to" drink only Kabbalah water. She wears a red string around her wrist- for protection. Her teacher told her that if she does something wrong, it's because the bad guy inside of her made her do it. She is told to go outside and throw the bad guy away. My daughter's question to me was, "Mommy, if I am bad, will you throw me away?". Also, my daughter cannot read a word of Hebrew, though she has daily Torah classes. My daughter talks about hearing voices, has an unrealistic attachment to money and is very materialistic, speaks of death a great deal, and believes that Rabbi Berg (founder, who I will refer to as the cult leader) IS God. Oh, I should add that my 6 year old has MANY symptoms of sexual abuse. That's a story within itself!

I have unsuccessfully tried to speak with my ex- about this school, but since he too is a follower, he won't budge. I'm obviously utilizing the courts. If anyone out there has any info. to lend pertaining to the Kabbalah Centre or it's affiliated school, or how I can help my daughter who has been taken in and essentially brainwashed, please email me.

Thank you,
Concerned Mother
:(

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: rrmoderator ()
Date: September 08, 2003 03:45AM

The "Kabbalah Center" run by Philip Berg has a section within the database.

See [www.culteducation.com]

Posted by: samanthasmom ()
Date: September 08, 2003 06:46AM

Thanks for your help I should have mentioned that I have already read everything within the culteducation.com site on the Centre. I'm hoping to find someone who has more specific info. pertaining to the school- Kabbalah Children's Academy.

Here's a bit of info. for anyone considering sending their child to this school:

The children begin meditating to all body parts at age 3- and I do mean ALL body parts. I could just go on and on. Bottom line is....this unaccredited institution is not appropriate for children at all.

Thanks again,
Concerned Mom

Posted by: Alexy's Mom ()
Date: September 14, 2003 11:21PM

I hope your ordeal will soon be over and that you receive full custody of your little girl. Her father, with the cult's assistance want to separate her from you.

A cult has also taken my adult son and he is still missing.

Posted by: Gail ()
Date: September 15, 2003 03:29AM

[members.tripod.com]

This is an interesting article. You have to wade through much of the history before understanding the relevance.

Posted by: richardmgreen ()
Date: September 23, 2003 08:50PM

Cults try to get people married off as soon as possible producing as many children as possible. Many times, despite the vitim's ability to support children.
Also, the cults want to ensure a continuation through the geneations. Of course, not only cults do this, but cults are destructive and dangerous. They exploit young, impressionable children.

Posted by: sarahsplight ()
Date: September 04, 2004 09:08PM

Sorry about your situation. I am involved with someone who goes to their center in New York. He has become a cold-hearted person. I would like to speak with you, if you wish. For support. And see if there are solutions to this problem.

Posted by: simpkin ()
Date: March 15, 2005 06:02AM

Dear Samatha's Mum-

I was so sorry to hear about your daughter. I am a journalist, investigating the practices at the Kabbalah Centre, and am very interested to discuss your daughter's situation. Also, due to my research, I think that I may have some information that may aid in getting your daughter out of the Kabbalah Spirituality for Kids program. I know it's probably too late for you to get this message, but I really would like to talk to you further about this.

You can reach me on ex-red-string@hotmail.com. This is not a trick- I'm not associated with the Bergs or the Centre in any way, shape or form, and if you need, I can promise you anonymity. I just want to make sure the world knows the truth about the Bergs and the Kabbalah Centre.

Thanks

Posted by: Dervish ()
Date: March 15, 2005 06:07AM

This is not legal advice, I am merely discussing as an interested member of this forum.

Anytime you have an alleged cult involved with a child custody case like the author of this thread may have, I think it is prudent to look up the attorney representing the parent who is in the alleged cult. See if he represents other alleged cult members, or the alleged cult itself. Also see if the attorney in question seems to be in front of the same judge repeatedly.

Posted by: mjr40 ()
Date: March 16, 2005 05:28AM

Hi -

It sounds like you are getting ready for a long fight. The Kabbalah cult members might start to hasass, stalk, intimidate and scare you throughout in order to get you to back down. The Cease and Desist Letter below was used against Opus Dei, a cult within the Catholic faith that tries to do the same thing as the Kabbalah cult does in the Jewish faith in separating children from their parents. You should be sure to revise it for your specific circumstances and the Kabbalah cult. You can probably replace "Opus Dei" with "Kabbalah" and take out the non-California laws.

Peace!
##############################################

Please find below a sample Cease and Desist Order that can be used against Opus Dei operatives when they are attempting to harass, pressure, intimidate and recruit potential members. This can also be used by former members who are attempting to break away from the organization but who find that Opus Dei will not leave them alone. This Cease and Desist Order can be used in conjunction with the Guide to Preventing Opus Dei Infiltration. It is being distributed under the GNU General Public License. This Legal Disclaimer can be customized and modified in any way to suit a particular situation to which it is being applied. For example, the local harassment and stalking laws applicable to the country, province or state that you are in should replace the US laws listed below. Permission is granted for this Cease and Desist Order to be copied anywhere in the world, at any time, in any format. This Disclaimer has been reviewed by prominent legal counsel who have had extensive experience with Opus Dei's modus operandi. Please feel free to have your legal counsel review it for further modifications.

When Opus Dei is getting aggressive and intimidating and refuses to back down, modify and mail the Cease and Desist letter below to get them to back down. It is key that a copy of the letter is kept along with with a record of delivery. This record is necessary to prove to the police that the person has been served a Cease and Desist Order should the person not back down after the Order has been sent. In the US, the letter can be sent via the US Postal Service's Priority Mail with Delivery Confirmation. Please note that it is suggested that you do not send the Order via Certified Mail/Return Receipt, since the Opus Dei operative will be instructed to refuse delivery of the Order. However, Priority Mail/Delivery Confirmation does not require a signature and cannot be refused. An alternative way is to send it via FedEx Ground if you are near a FedEx dropoff facility. Be sure to KEEP a copy of the letter and your record of Delivery Confirmation. In addition, you may want to send a copy to the local police precinct, via Certified Mail, to alert them to the harassment you are receiving from Opus Dei elements. For example, if you were in Manhattan, New York City, you might send a copy to the Commanding Officer of the NYPD's 17th Precinct, the precinct where Opus Dei's North American HQ is located. Also, you may want to send a copy to your local Campus Ministry President, CYO group President or young adult group President to alert them to Opus Dei's criminal behavior. Finally, you may also want to send a copy to the US Vicar for Opus Dei (listed at the end of the letter) via Certified Mail so as to prove to the police that the particular person to whom the letter is being sent is not acting alone, but under the direct orders and under the strict direction of Opus Dei. Opus Dei members are under tremendous pressure to recruit new people and destroy their enemies, so please remember they will not be rational and will only back down in the face of legal force.

Note too that this Order can also be used when an individual, like an ex-boyfriend, ex-girlfriend or co-workers is harassing you and will not leave you alone. It is helpful in establishing an official set of documents that the person was warned that their actions were in violation of criminal laws.

CEASE AND DESIST/RESTRAINING ORDER

(DATE)

Dear Sir or Madam:

This CEASE AND DESIST ORDER is to inform you that your and the Opus Dei cult's harassing and intimidating actions against my fellow Catholics and I has become unbearable. Such anti-social behavior is completely unacceptable and will not be tolerated in any way, shape or form. This letter is to demand that your and the Opus Dei cult's continuing involvement in, planning and encouragement of, high-pressure recruitment, information gathering, harassment and intimidation must CEASE AND DESIST immediately. Should you and the Opus Dei cult continue to pursue these activities in violation of this CEASE AND DESIST ORDER, we will not hesitate to pursue further legal action against you and the Opus Dei cult, including, but not limited to, civil action and/or criminal complaints.

[Insert specific harassment inicidents here. Be sure to include date and place of occurance]

Myself and my peers have a right to remain free from Opus Dei's cultic, intimidating, manipulative and high-pressure tactics, and we will take the responsibility upon ourselves to protect that right. Note that a copy of this letter and a record of its delivery will be stored. Note too that it is admissible as evidence in a court of law and will be used as such if need be in the future.

This CEASE AND DESIST ORDER demands that you immediately discontinue and do not at any point in the future under any circumstances do the following to me: speak to, contact, pursue, harass, attack, strike, bump into, brush up against, push, tap, grab, hold, threaten, telephone (via cellular or landline), instant message, page, fax, email, follow, stalk, shadow, disturb my peace, keep me under surveillance, gather information about and/or block my movements at home, work, social gatherings, religious functions and/or at any Catholic Church-sponsored activities.

[New York: Note that your behavior is a violation of New York State Penal Law Section 240.25 - Harassment in the First Degree, Section 240.26 - Harassment in the Second Degree, Section 240.30 - Aggravated Harassment in the Second Degree, Section 240.45 - Criminal Nuisance in the Second Degree, Section 120.45 - Stalking in the Fourth Degree, Section 120.50 - Stalking in the Third Degree, Section 135.60 - Coercion in the Second Degree and Section 105.00 - Conspiracy in the Sixth Degree.]

[New Jersey: Note that your behavior is a violation of New Jersey Code of Criminal Justice Title 2C:12-10 - Stalking, Title 2C:33-34 - Harassment.]

[Maryland: Note that your behavior is a violation of Maryland State Code Title 3, Subtitle 8, Section 3-802 - Stalking, Section 3-803 - Harassment, Section 3-804 - Misuse of Telephone Facilities, Section 3-805 - Misuse of Electronic Mail, Subtitle 9, Section 3-901 - Visual Surveillance, Section 3-902 - Visual Surveillance with Pruient Intent and Section 3-906 - Divulging Private Communications.]

[Illinois: Note that your behavior is a violation of Illinois Compiled Statutes Chapter 720 ILCS 5/12-7.3 - Stalking, Chapter 720 ILCS 5/12-7.4 - Aggravated Stalking, Chapter 720 ILCS 5/12-7.5 - Cyberstalking, Chapter 720 ILCS 135/1-1 - Harassment by telephone, Chapter 720 ILCS 135/1-2 - Harassment through electronic communications, Chapter 720 ILCS 135/0.01 - 135/2 - Harassing and Obscene Communications Act and Chapter 720 ILCS 135/0.01 Short Title Harassing and Obscene Communications Act.

[Massachusetts: Note that your behavior is a violation of Massachusetts Criminal Statutes Chapter 265:37 - Violations of Constitutional Rights, Chapter 265:43 - Stalking, Chapter 265:43A - Criminal Harassment and Chapter 265:14A - Annoying Telephone Calls]

[In Washington DC: Note that your behavior is a violation of Federal Criminal Statutes 47 USC 223(a)(1)(c) - Obscene or Harassing Telephone Calls in the District of Columbia or in Interstate or Foreign Communications; District of Columbia Code, Title 22, Section 504 - Threatened Assault in a Menacing Manner; Stalking

[Virginia: Note that your behavior is a violation of the Criminal Code of the Commonwealth of Virginia, 18.2-60.3A - Stalking, Class 1 Misdemeanor and 18.2-60.3B - Stalking, Class 6 Felony.]

[California: Note that your behavior is a violation of the California Penal Code Subsection 646.9 - Stalking and 422 - Punishment for Threats]

[Texas: Note that your behavior is a violation of the Texas Penal Code Subsection 42.072(a)(b)(c) - Stalking and Subsection 42.07(a)(b)(c) - Harassment]

[Federal: Note that your behavior is a violation of US Federal Laws 18 USC Subsection 2265 Full Faith and Credit, 18 USC Subsection 2261A Interstate Stalking, 18 USC Subsection 875(c) Interstate Communications, 47 USC Subsection 223(a)(1)(c) Harassing Telephone Calls in Interstate Communications]

[Interstate Statues: Note that your behavior is a violation of Federal Criminal Statutes 18 USC 2261A - Interstate Stalking and 47 USC 223(a)(1)(c) - Obscene or Harassing Telephone Calls in the District of Columbia or in Interstate or Foreign Communications]

[Additional US state-by-state anti-stalking laws are available at: State Laws]

Should you willfully choose to continue your current course of action, I will not hesitate to file a complaint with the Police Department for your ongoing violations of the Criminal Laws noted previously.

This letter does not constitute exhaustive statement of my position nor is it a waiver of any of my rights and/or remedies in this and/or any other related matter.

We demand your immediate compliance, and furthermore that you confirm in writing that all violative activity will cease immediately.

Very truly yours,

(NAME)

Sent via Priority Mail/Delivery Confirmation

cc:

- Father Thomas G. Bohlin, Opus Dei US Vicar, Opus Dei North American HQ, Murray Hill Place Inc., 243 Lexington Avenue, New York, NY, 10016-4605
- [Your local Police Deparment /local Police Precinct]
- [Your local Campus Ministry Director/President, Young Adult Group President/Council Member, CYO Group President]

Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.