Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
New Movie "Jesus Camp"
Posted by: mjr40 ()
Date: November 14, 2006 09:21AM

counselor47

For a genuinely thoughtful discussion of these issues I recommend the following article from [i:7f93ce121f]First Things[/i:7f93ce121f]:

[www.firstthings.com]

Background note: It should be noted that the publication First Things has been linked to the Opus Dei cult, which is deeply embedded in the Catholic Church.

Options: ReplyQuote
New Movie "Jesus Camp"
Posted by: mjr40 ()
Date: November 14, 2006 09:26AM

counselor47
Nevertheless, they use as countering commentary clips of Mike Papantonio's ultra left-wing Air America Radio program.
Political scientists generally define 'ultra left-wing' as those who espouse Maoist-type governance, which involves cultic activities similar to the Cultural Revolution. Air America radio does not espouse such activities.

New Movie "Jesus Camp"
Posted by: counselor47 ()
Date: November 16, 2006 03:12AM

mjr40
Political scientists generally define 'ultra left-wing' as those who espouse Maoist-type governance, which involves cultic activities similar to the Cultural Revolution. Air America radio does not espouse such activities.

Fair enough. I should have just said, "left wing." But, as long as we're being reasonable here, it is ridiculous to imply that [i:85171639d6]First Things[/i:85171639d6] is an instrument of Opus Dei. It is certainly neocon, and I am not a neocon so I do not agree with many of the things they say, but the piece by Ross Douthat was excellent and he makes an important point.

My larger point was that [i:85171639d6]Jesus Camp[/i:85171639d6] dilutes its very important thesis by conflating it with the filmmakers' political agenda, which happens to be left wing.

Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.