Posted by: Toni ()
Date: September 25, 2006 10:45PM

Documentary. Currently playing in independent cinemas:

[www.jesuscampthemovie.com]

Options: ReplyQuote
New Movie "Jesus Camp"
Posted by: counselor47 ()
Date: September 26, 2006 04:36AM

I saw [i:3248d804c7]Jesus Camp[/i:3248d804c7], and I was mostly disappointed. Too bad, because there are some interesting questions to explore around these topics, but it seemed to me that all the filmmakers wanted to do was set up a straw man and alarm everyone about the impending theocracy that these people are planning where things will be so oppressive that there might not even be abortion on demand. The horror!

Silly, mindless, left-wing tripe. Don't waste your time.

For a genuinely thoughtful discussion of these issues I recommend the following article from [i:3248d804c7]First Things[/i:3248d804c7]:

[www.firstthings.com]

New Movie "Jesus Camp"
Date: September 26, 2006 09:35AM

Thank you, counselor, for the interesting link.

My concern is damaged psyches of children who survive indoctrination as in "JesusCamp."

It will take years of adulthood to untangle.

New Movie "Jesus Camp"
Date: September 26, 2006 12:14PM

Yes, and those are the interesting kinds of issues that the movie could have explored. Most of those kids are going to end up with some serious issues. I just wish the filmmakers had not focused in on the political stuff. The horror of what is happening to those kids is [i:5823fea36b]not[/i:5823fea36b] that they might grow up and vote Republican.

New Movie "Jesus Camp"
Date: October 02, 2006 11:12PM

Saw the movie 'Jesus Camp" last evening. ouch!

Went to the core of brainwashing.... same methods different veneeer. Those poor children. It takes years to undo. Arouse a hyper-emotional state, then blend guilt w/ lovebombing, deep emotional connection and exclusivity, a higher life purpose, with just the tiniest idea of violence. shudder.

New Movie "Jesus Camp"
Posted by: yamin ()
Date: October 25, 2006 03:09AM

can anyone elaborate the story?

New Movie "Jesus Camp"
Posted by: rrmoderator ()
Date: October 25, 2006 03:12AM

New Movie "Jesus Camp"
Date: October 25, 2006 05:23AM

From the article linked to on rickross:

“We want to present the people in this movie and the lifestyles they live in a neutral way so the audience would have to make those decisions on their own and not be handed a point of view on a platter, which sort of lets everyone off the hook in a way,” (filmmaker Rachel) Grady told Religion News Service.

Nevertheless, they use as countering commentary clips of Mike Papantonio's ultra left-wing Air America Radio program. Although I think there are serious issues being raised by the indoctrination of these children, I think that the filmmakers inject too much of their liberal bias into the documentary. Is it possible that their own views are so extreme that they think they are being neutral when they use commentary from Air America, which was very clearly an organ of the left?

New Movie "Jesus Camp"
Posted by: Kastlefeer ()
Date: November 02, 2006 04:48PM

Off the KidsinMinistry website sent in by an annonymous source ...

[livedigital.com]

Yeah making god real for your kids ...

Sounds out of control to me, even with the hokey music ... How are these people running these things not in jail or reprimanded harshly?

Mankind searching for higher authority stumble around with clouded vision part 43 billion.

New Movie "Jesus Camp"
Posted by: Kastlefeer ()
Date: November 12, 2006 01:16AM

Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.