Hirindra Singh and Sai Baba
Posted by: Cochise ()
Date: September 23, 2006 06:53AM

There's been some discussion here about Hirindra Singh and Sai Baba in which both were criticized. I've known Hirindra for several years and have found him to be strongly devoted to the cause of peace and legitimate in his work. Sai Baba has been my greatest teacher.
It's easy to defame, harder to accept the Truth of certain teachings.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: rrmoderator ()
Date: September 23, 2006 08:00PM

See [www.culteducation.com]

Sathya Sai Baba has been labeled a sexual predator by many former followers. A number of news articles report this in detail.

Also see the following Web sites critical of Sai Baba:

[www.saibabaexpose.com]

[www.exbaba.nl]

[home.no.net]

Date: September 23, 2006 09:07PM

I'm aware of the allegations and of the effect they had on many of Sai Baba's devotees. Nothing was proven, and the allegations did not diminish the power of his teachings.
The vitriol directed at Sai Baba by his former devotees, most of whom had no personal experience with him and no way of knowing whether the allegations were true, has been interesting to observe.
Of the dozens of Sai Baba devotees I've known (many of whom have visited his ashram in India), none had any personal knowledge of what may or may not have happened to spark the allegations.
I do know this: Sai Baba had been urging devotees to go beyond his form, to stop worshipping his photos. After the allegations, many of them followed that advice.

Date: September 23, 2006 09:43PM

If you read the reports several of those making allegations regarding Sai Baba are those that were once at an ashram or activity with the guru and who claim that he sexually molested them.

There were three related suicides reported.

One former follower said, "The being which I called Sai Baba, the living God that I had taken into my heart had been truly abusing my son, for so long. I felt completely betrayed..." says Marissa, a former devotee. Another, Alaya says: "I remember him saying, if you don't do what I say, your life will be filled with pain and suffering."

A British documentary exposed Sai Baba as little more than a con man that does "tricks."

Here is an in-depth report regarding the guru's "Divine Downfall."

Date: September 23, 2006 10:34PM

Yes, I'm aware of all of that. But, unless you were there and have personal knowledge of the matter, you're relying on the reports of others. So am I. We have no way of knowing what actually happened.
My point is that it's the teachings that matter. Look into that, rather than allegations we cannot prove.
Sai Baba has had a following numbering in the millions around the world. Not all have abandoned the teachings -- or their reverence to him as their teacher. And, with numbers such as that, it's not accurate to describe the devotees as members of a cult. Otherwise, one could argue that Christians are members of a personality cult.
My intention here is not to argue but to point out that there are many people who are undeterred by the allegations.

Date: September 24, 2006 09:02PM

There are often members of groups called "cults" that remain loyal no matter what facts are exposed.

Nothing new here.

Jim Jones and David Koresh both had people so enthralled they followed these psychopaths literally to death.

And also [www.culteducation.com]

Shoko Asahara, the madman and cult leader that gassed Tokyo's subway system, though behind bars and sentenced to death--still has followers that refuse to face the facts about him.

The people that have come forward to tell the public what Sai Baba did are reporting what actually happened to them.

You may choose to disregard their first-hand experiences, but the press and much of the public feel otherwise.

You may believe whatever you want, but the evidence gathered against Sai Baba seems to indicate that he is little more than a con man and sexual predator, using religion to get whatever he wants.

Re: Hirindra Singh and Sai Baba
Posted by: nirmal ()
Date: December 11, 2008 06:43AM

Cochse, please read through this thread - [forum.culteducation.com]. there are many former 2ho who you should contact to talk to your friend. and one of the major sikh newspapers - panthic org reported on the head of gurdwaras gong to visit these people, and how angry they were. these people have been craftily brainwashing people for about 40 years. please do not let them make you gullible and pray to their whims. try to encourage your friend to find other outlets together and stay away from this lot. they are destroying the lives of both westerners and indians. the more ppl they get in, the worse it gets. they even tried to get britney spears to join their group.

Re: Hirindra Singh and Sai Baba
Posted by: nirmal ()
Date: December 11, 2008 06:45AM

sorry cochise, i posted that reply in the wrong thread..........please disreguard that.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.