Current Page: 3 of 5
Dr. Phil is cult-busting
Posted by: notalone ()
Date: September 28, 2006 12:58AM

In my very first post, I said I have visited Rick's site for YEARS.

Options: ReplyQuote
Dr. Phil is cult-busting
Posted by: finallylearned ()
Date: September 28, 2006 01:20PM

Hello mother of S. I left the ACMTC group over a year and a half ago, I was in the group for 22 years. I may be able to help you with information about your daughter she was my personal friend. I can tell you how the group operates to better help you in reaching your goals. Don't give up I know that she loves you she is just scared very scared I can tell you more if we can talk. Please tell me how to reach you I want to help. I was scared at first still under the mind set that I would be punished by God if I stood up for myself and others who are in this group, but that also is part of the fear they instill into us. T

Dr. Phil is cult-busting
Posted by: rrmoderator ()
Date: September 28, 2006 07:45PM

finallylearned:

Please don't post phone numbers or email addresses here.

After ten posts are approved you will be able to use the private messaging feature.

Dr. Phil is cult-busting
Date: September 28, 2006 11:44PM

I will pm you after this message, as it will be my 10th. Then you can write to me via another way. Thank you.

Dr. Phil is cult-busting
Posted by: finallylearned ()
Date: September 29, 2006 12:01AM

how do I receive PM if I'm a new member it's very important.

Dr. Phil is cult-busting
Date: September 29, 2006 12:31AM

After ten approved posts.

Dr. Phil is cult-busting
Date: September 29, 2006 08:32AM

I really would like to hear from you, but we can't disclose contact information on this messageboard. I sent you a pm, check to see if you have any messages. You can't send one to me until you have ten approved messages. Thanks.

Dr. Phil is cult-busting
Posted by: BobbiG ()
Date: October 05, 2006 12:32AM

Notalone,

It appears you think the Phil show taping led to Warren Jeffs arrest?

America’s Most Wanted, 20/20, numerous local shows, and per the FBI, internet blogs and forums, were tantamount in the whereabouts of this creep.

As far as AG being on Phil’s show, he has a dicey stance on polygamy and this link [www.polygamy.org] provides interesting reading.

A quick persusal of Phil’s website confirms Hope’s concerns and it does look like Phil, who HAS to provide resources for his show participants, is using sensationalism for ratings and not really providing the general public with good information.

Dr. Phil is cult-busting
Date: October 05, 2006 10:48AM

Who the heck is AG? You can pulll your reinforcements together and get a little "bash Dr.Phil" party going all you want. I don't really care. My first and foremost concern is seeing and helping my daughter. Unless you have directly been involved in an isolationist cult, kept many miles away from all outside contact, lived in virtual captivity, and been told that if you try to leave you will burn in hell....then you don't know what my daughter has been living like. Anyone, including Dr. Phil, who helps me and other members of cults, or families, deserves the respect of our choice to ask for his help. It is sad that you are coming on here to spout your displeasure with ANY means of help that a family engages with to try to help their loved one. Apparently, you all are OUT of where-ever you were, in a cult, traditional or whatever kind....my daughter is NOT OUT...and I have two little grandsons in there I have never seen. Can't you have some compassion for those who are trying?

Dr.Phil has never said he is a cult expert, people can find resources like I have through the years. As I said before I have been on this site for years, and other sites too....all helped. But I had to go outside the box and try something else. All law authorities turned the other cheek, would not, said they could not, help. I am tired of being made to feel like I have to defend my choice of trying to help my daughter. Of all people who should understand, it should be people who have experienced a situation similar. This group she is in, is not a pollyanna group...it is severe, and ranks right up there as one of the most dangerous ones. If you even saw the show, you would know....the general is quite the tyrannical leader.

Dr. Phil is cult-busting
Date: October 05, 2006 08:07PM

Television shows are not a solution, but they can be part of process that leads to somewhere.

Any exposure a "cult" like ACMTC gets is good.

It is one of the most extreme groups called "cults" in America and potentially dangerous.

The "Dr. Phil Show" brought this to public attention again. It has been years since anyone paid attention to ACMTC. In 1997 a local television news program in NM did a piece, but other than that only a few press articles have appeared in the last ten years.

See [www.culteducation.com]

This group being exposed on a popular national talk show is a positive development that may help some families. If nothing else, they know where there children and grandchildren are and the "cult" knows it is being watched.

Current Page: 3 of 5

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.