Deeksha and Oneness University
Posted by: brenda ()
Date: September 21, 2006 11:10AM

Can anyone here tell me whether this Deeksha Energy Transfer and this Oneness University is a cult or not? Some friends of mine have gotten involved with this movement and i am concerned about the things they are saying and doing. I'm trying to research this movement, but i don't know enough about cults to tell if it is or not. Can anyone identify that this is a cult?

[www.onenessuniversity.org]

[www.experiencefestival.com]

Thank You for your help!
Brenda

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Brad69 ()
Date: September 22, 2006 02:20AM

Hi Brenda, I found this off of the Oneness University website:

Loved and worshipped by millions, Sri Amma Bhagavan are avatars for enlightenment and God realisation. They are one single avataric consciousness in two bodies. They represent the Divine feminine and the Divine masculine. Together Amma and Bhagavan power the process of enlightenment of the individual seeker as Yin and Yang, stillness and movement, Prakruti and Purusha.

They are like the spirit, all pervading yet abiding in the deepest recesses of one's Being. They are the silent Presence powering the phenomenon of Deeksha everywhere. Far removed from the periphery of the various activities of the movement they reside at the Oneness temple. Deeksha anywhere in the world draws its power from the consciousness and the intent of Sri Amma Bhagavan. They are the life breath behind the any number of miracles that are experienced by the seekers. They manifest across space and time to people when they seek their help. Their consciousness not being limited to their physical body, Amma Bhagavan's manifestation even predates their birth.

What was hitherto possible for great masters, Sri Amma Bhagavan are making it possible for ordinary men and women. This immense power of the avatars is sourced in their compassion. To have a glimpse into their nature, let us reminisce one of those statements Sri Bhagavan made in a darshan, "A humanity that is already burdened by its struggle for survival cannot be given the additional responsibility of seeking its own enlightenment. Man cannot make it on his own, it has to be given to him". Sri Amma Bhagavan do not belong to any one people, one nation or one faith. They are for all mankind. Their vision is not a golden age for any one community or country. It is a Global Golden age.

To me it seems these people are claiming great (unsubstantiated) powers, somewhat fantastical in their claims of healing everywhere -

They are the life breath behind the any number of miracles that are experienced by the seekers.
- and the hierarchy of a cult-like group seems to exist.

They certainly lay claim to a God-like status -

They represent the Divine feminine and the Divine masculine.

I would, based on their claims, view anything they say with great skepticism. Gut feeling? Run in the opposite direction.

Posted by: brenda ()
Date: September 26, 2006 04:07AM

Hi Brad, thank you for your response, and for the info. There is no way that i am going to get involved with this movement, there are just too many mixed messages in what I'm reading and hearing. But I'm worried because this movement seems to be spreading, they claim to have 60 million followers now. What I'm kinda looking for is how to explain to my friends that they are being misled by the claims that this movement is making, because it appears that they are believing everything they are being told, and I don't know how to help them to question what they are told about this movement. Can you, or anyone else on this forum, help me with this?
Thank You,
Brenda

Posted by: Brad69 ()
Date: September 26, 2006 04:49AM

From the Oneness University website:

About Amma Bhagavan

[www.onenessuniversity.org]

Loved and worshipped by millions, Sri Amma Bhagavan are avatars for enlightenment and God realisation. (Where does the proof of millions come from? Why are they worshipped and put on a pedestal? Is this not unhealthy and worrisome behavior?)

They are one single avataric consciousness in two bodies. (And the proof of this claim comes from where?)

They represent the Divine feminine and the Divine masculine. (So, are they claiming God-like status?)

Together Amma and Bhagavan power the process of enlightenment of the individual seeker as Yin and Yang, stillness and movement, Prakruti and Purusha. (Again, prove this)

They are like the spirit, all pervading yet abiding in the deepest recesses of one's Being. (So, they have inhabit all of us? Does this sound true?)

They are the silent Presence powering the phenomenon of Deeksha everywhere. (Is this a case of taking credit for everything done in the name of Deeksha? What happens if it doesn't produce the claimed results? Does this honestly sound possible - that these people can power the 'phenomenon' of Deeksha? What is so phenomenal about it? Must we blindly accept the claims these people make about it?)

Far removed from the periphery of the various activities of the movement they reside at the Oneness temple. (Sounds like a nice way to sit back in their luxurious abode and let the money roll in while claiming credit for any work done)

Deeksha anywhere in the world draws its power from the consciousness and the intent of Sri Amma Bhagavan. (So, Deeksha then has nothing to do with its practitioners? It seems that this 'single avataric consciousness in two bodies' does the work for others anyway - why are the others needed? Where do they get this God-like energy from? Is it possible that they ever sleep?)

They are the life breath behind the any number of miracles that are experienced by the seekers. (Ah, claiming the credit when good things occur... What about the people who actually put in the work? What are their claims when Deeksha - whatever it may be - doesn't work. Anyway, if these people can claim any number of miracles, why not find a cure for cancer or AIDS? And if they want $1-million, why not prove their powers to James Randi? It seems like easy money to me, judging from what they are saying.)

They manifest across space and time to people when they seek their help. (So, they can be in many places at once?)

Their consciousness not being limited to their physical body, Amma Bhagavan's manifestation even predates their birth. (And we know this how? Proof please.)

What was hitherto possible for great masters, Sri Amma Bhagavan are making it possible for ordinary men and women. (So, what do they have ordinary men and women doing now that only the great masters did before? This would surely place them above great masters)

This immense power of the avatars is sourced in their compassion. (What is this great power? And with them hidden away at their university, where do we proof of this compassion?)

To have a glimpse into their nature, let us reminisce one of those statements Sri Bhagavan made in a darshan, "A humanity that is already burdened by its struggle for survival cannot be given the additional responsibility of seeking its own enlightenment. (Says Sri Bhagavan. And he knows this how?)

Man cannot make it on his own, it has to be given to him". (Seems there are plenty of people who have no problem living fulfilling, meaningful lives without the help of Sri Bhagavan)

Sri Amma Bhagavan do not belong to any one people, one nation or one faith. They are for all mankind. (Is this another God-like claim?)

Their vision is not a golden age for any one community or country. It is a Global Golden age. (Great claim. Again, prove it!)

Look, I doubt this post is much help. It's just a look at how unsubstantiated their claims are, and it shows how much one must suspend one's knowledge of what is possible and what is not possible of human beings over and over to justify believing these grandiose claims. Ah, but they're not human!

[b:7b46953a54]Anyway, the onus is on them to prove their powers. They, after all, have made the claims. [/b:7b46953a54]

As Rick Ross says elsewhere on this website, use your BS detector!

Let's see some proof, any proof to back up these claims.

Let's see proof of the 60-million followers.

And if Deeksha has so many followers, why is it that I know so little about it? Am I just ignorant? Or is it because the movement is much smaller than claimed.

My country's population is about 47-million. I'm guessing most people have heard of South Africa. Deeksha? With their 60 million?

Boy, so many claims that if any were to prove true, James Randi would be $1-million out of pocket! Why don't these people prove their powers and use the money to help the less fortunate?

Something is not ringing true.

Posted by: kath ()
Date: September 26, 2006 05:09AM

Hi Brenda have you checked out these articles about them:-

[guruphiliac.blogspot.com]

[guruphiliac.blogspot.com]

The Bhagavan mentioned is a living person i.e. this is a 'cult' with a guru. The above links by an ex-member exposes the large amount of money changing hands.

[www.healthypages.net]

Has a thread full of spiritual seekers discussing their experiences of them- not sure if you've visited there already?

Best of luck,
Love
Kath

Posted by: Blooms ()
Date: August 01, 2007 06:35PM

I realize that "Brenda" started this thread almost a year ago. So she's not likely to ever see this post, but for anyone else reading this thread:

THIS IS ONE OF THE MOST EVIL CULTS EXISTING NOW.

STAY AWAY! STAY AWAY!

That they (False Amma & her "Kalki Bhagawan") are asking poor people (East Indians no less) to take out loans to take their ridiculously overpriced courses is just NAUSEATING.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.