Current Page: 3 of 4
Do not expect gratitute when you warn people about a cult or
Posted by: Toni ()
Date: January 17, 2005 05:22AM

MTGrizzly
The first post in this thread brought back old memories.......... They, too, said it was my fault - without even knowing anything about the group. This pattern continued, ..........saying I was "too controlling" and I should let her do her own thing. It amazed me, these people had no idea what they were talking about.......I started writing about the group and sharing my writing with some others.......came home to find my front door wide open and my computer room ransacked. All my floppy disks were gone, ...

Yup! Likewise, after taking care of my healing.... I began selective posting about my exBF's group on the internet, on these message boards, & elsewhere --in the hopes of warning others w/ loved ones in his group.

have received :
- MUCH telephone harrassment
- 2 dead animals outside my home
(and numberous emails from people who are grateful for the info)

I've filed a sheriff's report already. Spoken w/ 3 attorneys. Am prepared if necessary. sigh.

Moody Woogy : I suspect they are playing mind games with you - and with me. If they outright break the law and injure you, the legal ramificiations would expose their ugly inside workings. They don't want that to happen!

Maybe by posting such here, they will figure you that it's not scaring you. The more that you publicize their tactics, the more ridiculous they appear.

Thank you for the courage and integrity to make your story public and disclose the intimidation methods. These groups maintain power through their secrecy. If people talk about what they know, then the boogey man isn't so powerful and scarey - just a silly scared child using schoolyard intimidation tactics.

addendum of 2/4/05 also 'sceamer calls' on my cell phone, and unauthorized internet purchases on my account - the latest being a purchase whose link leads to online purchase of the video game "WarCraft" (the bank delayed in changing the account number... sigh)

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Moody Woogy ()
Date: January 17, 2005 07:41AM

Hi Toni, thank you for your answer.

I suspect they are playing mind games with you - and with me.

I suspect the same, but would like to know what for? The company people as well as the neighbours already should have checked, that I do not want to join them. Maybe they want me to stay quiet and therefore threaten? But the more they harass, the better I will learn to defend myself.

Maybe by posting such here, they will figure you that it's not scaring you.
(':roll:') Sometimes it still scares, but you are right: the more I read about from people who had similar experiences, the lesser I feel scared. And to be able to talk=write about is the finest! Actually it was the internet, which brought to me information, such worthful e.g. that scientologists are very scared by the word "xenu" alone. They even dare not to speak it out loudly. So I took the chance and put the adress of www.xenu.net on the blackboard of our house. It was quickly removed but almost immediatly the already escalating harasses stopped completly. And for weeks! That was so fine. Maybe this posting helps someone else.

Another thing I did as a reaction to a lot of troubles from them, was to ask the company chief and majority owner of the house to sign an agreement, in which he would state, that neither he nor his company is working with the "Hubbard Technology", nor is his staff trained on this, and if that fact should change, that he would have to tell me and pay a very high summ. As a pity it was far to late, because I have had signed our contract months before, when I had no idea about CofS. Of course he did not sign. He left the room without any response and denied to talk to me furthermore. I mean normally one would say: "Sorry, but I have nothing to win out of that contract, so I will not sign. But I can assure you, I have nothing to do with this cult" or would have asked, who the hell is "Hubbard"?

I would recommend to let possible partners sign a paper like that, of course before you sign anything to them. There are patterns of this contract (or call it sub-contract) available on the internet. It is only a little bit, well - embarassing, but can save you a lot of money, believe me. I missed that chance. Please contact an attorney before you actually do so. In my country this behaviour is no problem, due to the fact, that Scientology is seen as dangerous and harmful. If one mentions "relgious privacy" this is not an argument. Scientology is no private affair, because a Scientologist has to sign a contract to that church, in which she commits for this and the next I think 2 millions of lifes (no joke) to work for it and to recruit new members wherever it might be. So if you have any doubts in your business partners, just to be sure, let them sign it. You can do an alike as employee or as employer.

These groups maintain power through their secrecy.

Great thought.

Thank you! :-)

Posted by: ULTAWARE ()
Date: January 17, 2005 09:17AM

Apta,

Rather than experiencing "something" that tells you that they HAVE the answer for all your longings, why not try to find it yourself, questioning a
'too-good-to -be true seminar of weekend self-improvement (we improve $$-wise, your left on your own) group?

How could you be "transformed" for a price? If someone, anyone really had the answer talent, why would they not share it for free or donations instead of $300 - $5000 US ????

you are a valued humane being like the rest of us, it's just that we might have different angles of looking at an onion!

PAX

Date: January 19, 2005 04:38AM

and so it continues...

the internet purchases on my bank account are made from the following fictitous email address << monet@cg.yu >>

This group's leader is known for her silly childlike games... to return the devotees to a state of childlike innocence, closer to God.

Maybe that email address means "seeing your money"?

Watch your back, friends!

:?

Posted by: Lucretia ()
Date: January 19, 2005 05:52AM

Toni,
This is why up until the other day I hadn't named what group i was in because i'm concerned about being harrassed more than i already have been.
I felt it was important though to get it out there if possible so people could save themselves some money, time, aggravation, identity crisis etc,etc,etc.
refer to:
LGAT Goes to Australia
Anyway people in this group live close to me, know my children and work in the same community (believe it or not they are professionals, one works at a childrens home).
A couple of months ago someone who was running for Congress was at a meeting (thank God he lost) but put it this way at least one of them went to the Governor's ball (unfortunately their are some friendships in state politics)
Well hopefully they have found something more constructive to do with their time.
Lucretia

Date: January 19, 2005 06:42AM

yup!

Date: January 20, 2005 02:34AM

and so it continues.....

Posted by: Claire ()
Date: January 23, 2005 04:02AM

I saw this and have to vent about a recent experience that fits right in. I noticed a post on a Christian Homeschooling board about a Twelve Tribes family in Germany. Homeschooling is illegal in Germany, and homeschoolers face fines, imprisonment and worse, having their children removed to be educated by the state. Some have fled the country, and know that upon return, their children could be seized.

I pointed out the cult nature of Twelve Tribes, and its history of child abuse and using children and teens to work in their businesses for long hours.

The moderator said I was "gossiping." Then she - as I suspected, did not post my reply. No, I never said this specific family abused their children, but it would follow that they adhere to the teachings of the cult. I support any family who desires to homeschool their children, but being linked to something like this cannot be helpful.

I think some of this is the desire many have to avoid controversy and conflict, especially women have been socialized this way.

Posted by: CaptPorridge ()
Date: January 30, 2005 11:06PM

Just thought I'd share a recent positive experience about warning people about cults.

My website about an offshoot of the Moonies: [falsemessiah.proboards23.com] was last week featured in an article about foreign English teachers in Korea. The journalist said some very kind things about me and the article resulted in an extra 300 people regestering at my site and a huge increase in the number of people viewing it

Before the article the most people I saw looking at my site at any one time was 8, lunch time the day the article came out 300 people were looking at my site.....nice feeling to reach more people. Hopefully pissed off some cult leaders as well :wink:

I have had some odd experiences and a couple of veiled threats in the past, but the responce from the article has been 100% positive.

If you can read Korean, the article is here, my bit is down the bottom of the page:
[news.media.daum.net]

Posted by: Peyton_Place ()
Date: July 08, 2005 02:10AM

I wish I had read this months ago... when I talked to a young woman about the Mormon Church. I was never a member, but had had someone try to convert me in the past. A friend of the family had been involved with them and really unhappy, which is why I had done research on them.

Now, this second party had ASKED for opinions about the Mormons, because she felt some of what they said didn't add up, but when I explained some of the belief systems, and recommended that she check out [www.exmormon.org] and therefore read both sides, I was told I was judgmental and that she was better than me, because she didn't judge anyone's religion, and that I was a bigot, etc. Hey, I think there are plenty of people who are happy being LDS, and that's okay - but a person who's considering joining needs to know what they're getting into.

So, it's not just tweeners who can be actively hostile. Right now it's considered un-politically correct to make any judgments at all. People use the term "judgmental" solely in a negative sense, in the Western world, without admitting that we make judgments every day - "That movie sucked," "I prefer chocolate to vanilla," "I want to be a rocket scientist, rather than a painter." The more we deny ourselves the rights to our own opinions, the easier it is for someone to move in and tell us exactly what to think, whether it's some guru or the government.

Current Page: 3 of 4

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.