Current Page: 3 of 20
My recent visit to the IHOP conference in KC
Posted by: zeuszor ()
Date: September 18, 2006 07:21AM

[signofjonah.wordpress.com]

Also, I exhort all those reading this th read Ephesian 5:11

"Have nothing to do with the fruitless deeds of darkness, but rather expose them." (NIV)

Can I get an "Amen"?

Options: ReplyQuote
Date: September 18, 2006 07:41AM

Nobody from IHOP has written me back concerning my greivance. I wrote them directly straightaway in order to resolve my grievance. Please, I come in peace and love. Let us reason together as disciples. If you (somebody from IHOP) are reading this, encourage somebody to write me back please? The fact that you refuse to address this kind of proves my point for me ans does not make your ministry appear to be non-cultich. Please, write me back; if I've misunderstood something here I can stand the exhortation and correction. In love,
B

Posted by: Gulab Jamon ()
Date: September 19, 2006 02:46AM

zeuszor
Ha. Ha. :-)

IHOP is the International House of Prayer, not the pancake house.
Rootie-tootie, these guys are fruity....

I'm glad you explained that, because I was confused as well.

Date: September 19, 2006 10:14PM

A clip that speaks just as much to our times as to theirs. Real freedom under attack. And it speaks of the problem with the elitist attitude in charismaniac groups like the IHOP. If they see somebody exercising real freedom in the Spirit, then they'll threaten to have you arrested for shaking the little cage that they're in. Who's REALLY the one in bondage here, you dig? 8)

[www.youtube.com]

Posted by: Gideon ()
Date: September 21, 2006 05:58AM

zeuszor:

Let me ask you this question, if you are at church on a Sunday morning and you are a memeber/usher (whatever you want to call it) and you see a man that you have never seen before wearing Krishna beeds, bowing his head, and "praying/chanting/cursing" over someone. [What would you do]?

Maybe they where out of line, but you nor I know what that church has encountered in the past, in terms of other negative "beleifs".

So how do you know that Mike Bickle's authority comes from anyone but Mike Bickle? Because Mike Bickle said so? Judging by the fruit of IHOP that I tasted the other night, I'd say it's pretty rotten.

I dont see how you could even mention this because there is no way that you or I could ever know for sure where his authority comes from.

I would also like to question your motives in "checking out IHOP." I dont understand why you would have worn what you wore to IHOP or any church for that matter. i dont know if you where trying to push buttons and get a reaction or what, but i would say that you def. got one if you were.

Posted by: Alive54 ()
Date: March 20, 2007 02:39AM

I think they did the right thing. You are there to draw attention to yourself not worship the Lord. You got the attention you wanted. They wear badges to help people identify that these praying people are with the ministry that is hosting the event. Plus there are all kinds of nutty people out there and they use this system to filter those people out. Do you have a better solution?

I used to have a prayer radio program and we really had to get to know the people well in order to trust that what they pray over the air is not causing harm. It would be irresponsible of them to not have some system in place to protect the people that they desire to minister too.

Peace Bro... Fellow hippie, Alive54

Date: March 21, 2007 12:47AM

That was a dumb thing to have done. Please understand that I had just left Trinity Foundation (an cultic organization whose mission in part is in poking fun at and undermining mainstream organized religious systems) and still had it in for big-time "ministries" like theirs. It was an ill-conceived type of prank. I should have not drawn attention to myself like that. I wore a shirt that says "Soy borracho y me importa madre" to an ultra-charismatic church and wound up getting kicked out.

Duh.

That aside, there's something very wrong with IHOP nonetheless. I have actually studied this group and its history and there's a lot of problems there. I'll write more later, as right now I am getting ready for work, but had to put in my two cents since I'm the guy that started the thread. Seeya later,
Z

Posted by: A Heart for God ()
Date: March 31, 2007 01:23AM

I can't help but notice, zeuszor, that you're posting your little rant on about every anti-IHOP board you can find. Two people offending you does not make an organization a cult. You sound like you're an emotionalist.

That aside, My church follows the teachings of IHOP pretty closely, and I'm planning an internship there in a couple of years (so I know the requirements to be on staff there, and they are strict, and rightly so). My pastor's daughter attended internship there as a prayer leader (which is basically what Mike Bickle's usual "role" is during worship). I'll be going as a worship leader. My point, anyway, is that I can probably answer any questions about the IHOP movement. Bear in mind that there is a parallel and similar movement going on that follows the same beliefs as IHOP, but is very obviously not of God. They have basically taken the IHOP belief and twisted it into quite possibly the most perverse and blasphemous thing you would ever hear. Unfortunately, since there is similarity in their core beliefs, IHOP often gets associated with their perversity.

Posted by: rrmoderator ()
Date: March 31, 2007 02:32AM

To whom it may concern:

Mike Bickle doesn't appear to have any meaningful accountability through a contstitutionally and democratically elected church government and/or denominational oversight.

IHOP is essentially Bickle's kingdom and he runs it much like a ruler.

Also, IHOP does not have meaningful financial transparency regarding its charitable contributions, i.e. an independently audited financial statement/report that discloses all compensation, salaries and expensense annually.

I have received very serious complaints about IHOP from past participants, families and others concerned.

I would not recommend IHOP to anyone under any circumstances.

Posted by: A Heart for God ()
Date: March 31, 2007 03:03AM

rrmoderator
To whom it may concern:

Mike Bickle doesn't appear to have any meaningful accountability through a contstitutionally and democratically elected church government and/or denominational oversight.

IHOP is essentially Bickle's kingdom and he runs it much like a ruler.

Also, IHOP does not have meaningful financial transparency regarding its charitable contributions, i.e. an independently audited financial statement/report that discloses all compensation, salaries and expensense annually.

I have received very serious complaints about IHOP from past participants, families and others concerned.

I would not recommend IHOP to anyone under any circumstances.
You have any sources to substatiate you claims?

Current Page: 3 of 20

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.