In Depth Twelve Tribes Experience (Part 4)
Posted by: darin selby ()
Date: September 03, 2002 10:24PM

HotmailĀ® darin_selby@hotmail.com Inbox | Previous Page
>
(In depth Twelve Tribes experience Part 3)

I think that, deep down inside, the Twelve Tribes really doesn't want to just end up being another religion that's complete with a "Nicolaitan" band, artists, idea people, writers, and food preparers.no one there to take their place, because weekly training in the arts, music and live foods was overlooked. I know that there is a growth process that its members are coming into. Life has a rhythm to it. Without that first impulse that leads into the second and then the third.and then to a continually "beating" life-giving "pulse".week after week, then all of the great ideas turn into something forgotten about in an old pile of the Twelve Tribes' monthly newsletters (ITN's) somewhere.
>
>.Questions for the Twelve Tribes:
>
>1) According to the book of James, it is an "insult to the poor" to go and show favoritism to anyone who is wealthy. (#10) As far as what I understand, certain people have been willing to lend money to buy land for the Twelve Tribes. In a conversation with Yoneq during a Friday night celebration, I was told that his intention for one certain person lending money was to only pay him back $10 a month??
>
>Prov 24:1-4 What does it mean when it says, "Unless the Creator builds the house, the workers rise in vain."? (Ps 127) (Please look at the scriptural references concerning this that follow each of these questions: #1-9, 26-31, 36-39, 42, 43)
>
>2) How was the ship purchased? Was it by borrowing money based on the promise that land would sell, and then it all would be paid back in full in a timely manner? ( #1-9, 26-31, 36-39, 42, 43) Based upon the promises that were made to him, as far as I'm presently aware, the "Pine Grove" has yet to sell to pay back this lender? Does practicing this law of "borrowing" give freedom? (#10)
>
>3) "We must become lovers of the earth", as Yoneq has said over a year ago. How is this presently being accomplished in each community? Are there things that are being done on a daily basis in each location to move towards this goal? Is it just enough to acknowledge that 'we must become lovers of the earth', or is it more important to daily engage the 'God-given' creative faculties and pursue it as if it was someone who's in need food and clothing? The earth is in need and man is its caretaker. The true people of the Creator can no longer close their eyes to what their daily activities and directional decision-making is having on the environment. ".the kingdom of heaven suffers violence, and the violent take it by force."
>
>4) Why does Jesus say to pray in secret and not out in front of everybody? What does it mean to pray without ceasing? Why does he say not to be like the pagans who think they will be heard because of their many words? Why does he many times emphasize that the Creator knows what is needed even before he's asked? (#47-49)
>
>5) Are the city ordinances being followed as to the number of people living in each house? Are people/families secretly living in buildings that are not zoned for housing?
>
>One answer to this situation could simply mean moving to open farmland on the outskirts of the cities. Community life flourishes in Bellows Falls because of the greenhouse/farm life. The work of Othniel, Ruth, Assyria, Eliezer, and Hananyah have not been taken as seriously as it needs to be (many ITN articles later...). These people are just some of the true "foundation" visionaries of the Twelve Tribes; who desire to put into practice what is said in the scriptures. To add to all of their wonderful work, non-toxic earth-friendly homes could be constructed in these relaxed building code areas. An on-site cottage industry (that supplies some daily need of the community) supports it all.
>
>Are properties being mortgaged to get more expensive land with toxic "Home Depot"-style houses already on them? Are houses being bought and sold just because there is profit in it to be made in doing so? This means taking part in the oppressive 'real estate game' that is already well established in the heart of cities.
>
>Nomadic structures on open land outside the city are one viable solution; i.e. yurts, hogans, crystal-shaped domes, etc., even in very harsh and cold winters. Rammed earth, straw bale, inflatable ferro-cement arched buildings, alternative human-powered transportation and appliances, as well as other amazingly simple designs, are just waiting for the creative young people of the Twelve Tribe communities to focus their creative energies on to build.
>
>We all know that the way of the world is to charge exorbitantly high prices for something that is a "downtown fixer-upper". Buying into those kind of living quarters will keep entire communities busy working just to hang onto them. This sends the focus away from living the simple, non-toxic farming-type lifestyle that the Creator's people are called to do.
>
>Making this a priority is the true example to others of how to walk more softly on the earth. Imagine that the basic survival needs of organic food, pure enlivened water, simple elegant and strong dwelling structures and wearing hand-made linen clothing would all be met by a people who don't need to go anywhere to make it all happen!
>
>6) What is really necessary for people to do with each other, on a daily basis, to be truly bonded to each other? Do you think that the practice of a daily mandatory rote and repetition can stifle the creative spirit? (#49)
>
>7) When I first came to the Twelve Tribes two years ago, why was there so much emphasis on me giving up my vegetarian diet? (#16)
>
>8) It would be rather presumptuous of me if I were to say that I'm something that I'm not. For instance, would it be right for me to claim on my business cards that I'm a "master mechanic, ASE certified" when I've only worked on a handful of vehicles and haven't passed the ASE test? I would be misleading people to gain some kind of advantage over them. It might even be a dream that I have; that someday I will be a master mechanic. So then, when I get into a conversation with people, they may ask, "So, how long have you been an ASE certified master mechanic?" I would have to say, "Well, I'm really not there yet...but someday I hope to be one!" I happily go back to working on their car - not noticing the puzzled look on their faces as to my reply.
>
>Enter the "Twelve Tribes"...that is the "ten tribes", right? Perhaps a title such as, "Light to the Nations" could be a possible alternative that would line up to the prophesy in Isa49:6. (#101) Isn't that the correct focus that people are really called upon to do? (i.e. like the difference between Ishmael and Isaac). A twelve-tribe nation will eventually happen as long as the "vision" is kept alive. And when it does, it will just be a "small thing". Maybe everyone will get to sleep in that day? (#79)
>
>9) What was the purpose for Yoneq saying in front of the media, "Bob Pardon is a liar"? Isn't this an alienating and harsh statement in front of so many people who have no idea what Mr. Pardon said or who he is? Yoneq's response came across like he was "backed into a corner", so to speak. Certain people, having no understanding where Yoneq was coming from, may have even been cut off from communication by this proclamation.
>
>These are people who honestly and personally see Mr. Pardon as a nice man. Sides are immediately taken in defense. Instead of asking Mr. Pardon to "please stand up and comment on what he printed about the Twelve Tribes", he remained silent. Was the Twelve Tribes blameless on all the accounts, or did Yonah have to stand up and apologize for actions taken with his children many years ago?
>
>Wouldn't it have been better to invite Mr. Pardon to share what was on his heart? Maybe even an announcement like, "All the Twelve Tribes have is love in their hearts for Bob Pardon and all of his congregation. We know that the light will reveal the darkness, so if you feel that there's any wrongdoing on our part, please inform us so that we can correct it."? Is responding with accusations how the Twelve Tribes want to function and talk to people at an "Open Forum" setting? People were invited to come out to have their questions answered, not to hear abrupt "character assaults". (#84) (Enter... Moses speak to rock or strike rock? Eze11:19)
>
>10) Advertising the Washington DC event advertised, as the "birth of a nation" was a misleading statement because, knowingly, the tribes of Yocef and Benyamin were a long way from being established. Who was being catered to with the high-priced menu selection at the mobile cafe? What kinds of people were excluded because they didn't have enough money to buy even a basic meal? All some could afford was the partially hydrogenated peanut butter "goo-ball" (compliments of Sysco catering). Was the same food served that the Twelve Tribes eat every day (or better put, aspire to eat every day)? What sorts of borrowing/credit card practices were involved just so that we could put on this event? (#92)
>

(Continue to In Twelve Tribes Exp. Part 4)

Options: ReplyQuote

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.