Current Page: 4 of 10
Kidney Cult now whipping each other and Blacks
Posted by: muppet ()
Date: October 15, 2006 01:32AM

Dave McKay
Hi Matilda,

The Jesus Christian teaching is that before Jesus returns (Yeah, we believe that Jesus will return!) there will be a time of intense persecution against all believers. We don't set any dates. "Soon" is just soon, and in general, it seems that prophecies take LONGER than we expect to actually come to pass.

We also believe that AFTER Jesus returns, his followers will rule the world for a thousand years (the "Millenium").

But please not that I have referred to "all believers" and "his followers" here. Jesus Christians teach that being a member of our community does not guarantee that one is a believer/follower, and being out of our community does not mean that a person is NOT a believer/follower. This is just one of many beliefs that do NOT fit the classic profile of a cult, but which gets glossed over in an attempt to paint the picture blacker than it is.

Blacker? Using that word in that context is racist. Out here in the system, we object to using terms that have racist connotations.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: carl ()
Date: October 23, 2006 10:50AM

cultmalleus
"I'm sorry, but I cannot see any good coming out of this. I cannot see Jesus commanding his followers to "Whip your brother to create atonement for the sinner".

I couldn't agree more with you. I'm so embarrassed at this topic, being a strong baptist my whole life, I can't believe Christians would do such a thing. :oops:

Posted by: Jack Oskar Larm ()
Date: October 24, 2006 12:24PM

I couldn't agree more with you. I'm so embarrassed at this topic, being a strong baptist my whole life, I can't believe Christians would do such a thing. :oops:[/quote]

Give me that old time religion. Christianity has filled lakes and rivers with blood. And you don't have to look to the past because it's happening right now suppossedly funded by rich governments (Does anyone really know what's happening in Iraq, for instance?).

I personally don't believe that Christian individuals are responsible for the carnage, but you have to accept that like any powerful regime it is out of your control. I mean, look at our governments. I love my country, its people and culture, but I won't make a statement to the effect that it is beyond reproach.

Posted by: apostate ()
Date: October 24, 2006 05:26PM

Here is the URL to a Wikipedia search on Jesus Christians.

[en.wikipedia.org]

It is good to have a public source to add to for a more complete picture of what this group believes and encourages their members to practice.

Posted by: rrmoderator ()
Date: October 24, 2006 09:00PM

Wikipedia is not always a reliable source.

Read the disclaimers.

See [www.culteducation.com]

Posted by: zeuszor ()
Date: October 24, 2006 10:39PM

Interesting Wikipedia article, apostate. I never knew that the JCs believe that you can't get into heaven if you're overweight. How odd...no wonder when I met them they were all so gaunt. Do they believe that only the stinky will be saved, too? Just kidding, guys. Dig on this:

[www.accsoft.com.au]

Posted by: carl ()
Date: October 25, 2006 06:16PM

zeuszor
Interesting Wikipedia article, apostate. I never knew that the JCs believe that you can't get into heaven if you're overweight. How odd...no wonder when I met them they were all so gaunt. Do they believe that only the stinky will be saved, too? Just kidding, guys. Dig on this:

[www.accsoft.com.au]

read it. sounded okay to me. this guy found something deep in dieting. the wiki was more eye opening though..

Posted by: zeuszor ()
Date: October 25, 2006 11:28PM

...how much of other people's money does it take for the Jesus Christians to stay poor? You like to reference Gandhi so much as an example of a non-Christian but righteous person. Well, it took a lot of other people's money for him to stay poor too. He was a self-promoting, opportunistic crook, just like you. What you do is not "living by faith" we who live in the real world call it MOOCHING. If you are all so poor, then where does the money to maintain your website come from?

Posted by: Dave McKay ()
Date: October 26, 2006 03:21AM

Hi Rick,

Thanks for your comment on the Wikipedia reference. The article you sent a link for was enlightening.

For myself, I never even knew there was an article in the Wikipedia about us. What is there now does seem like a good example of what the warning article was saying. Someone made a pretty good attempt at listing what we actually believe, but then someone else added a bunch of other stuff, starting with the statement that we believe the Jesus Christians will judge the world. From there on, most of the statements are distortions of what really appears in the articles, like the claim that we are teaching that there are no fat people in heaven.

When we get the time and the know-how, we will probably clean it up, but in the meantime, people can still quote Wikipedia (and thus give the impression that they have a reliable source) as saying anything that apostate, Zeus, or anyone else wants to post there. And like the article says, if we clean it up, there is nothing stopping them from doing the same thing all over again.

Posted by: rrmoderator ()
Date: October 26, 2006 03:59AM

Dave:

Please answer the questions.

Current Page: 4 of 10

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.