Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Claims of Falun Gong Organ Harvesting
Date: August 15, 2006 10:36PM

For the Falun Gong database?

A transcript of an interview on Australia ABC "Lateline" program regarding claims supported by former Canadian parliamentarian David Kilgour that the Chinese Government has been using Falun Gong political prisoners for the harvesting of body organs.

[www.abc.net.au]

Horrific story. But is it credible?

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Gulab Jamon ()
Date: August 15, 2006 11:17PM

They don't just do it to Falun Gong; they do it to all prisoners. I've read articles about this before. It's a shocking, unethical practice, but it's not targeted specifically at Falun Gong members.

Date: August 16, 2006 10:05PM

Whether they do it at all, to anyone, is of course the main question, but the report of David Kilgour is titled: REPORT INTO ALLEGATIONS OF ORGAN HARVESTING OF FALUN GONG PRACTITIONERS IN CHINA, and seems quite particular in dealing with Falun Gong political prisoners.

Here is a link to the report for anyone who is interested.

[investigation.go.saveinter.net]

Posted by: Gulab Jamon ()
Date: August 16, 2006 10:48PM

And here are some articles about organ harvesting of Chinese prisoners in general:

[www.villagevoice.com]

and

[www.villagevoice.com]

Date: August 17, 2006 09:39PM

Thanks for the links.

So the difference is that whilst China admits to having a policy of harvesting the body organs of executed prisoners whom they maintain are "enemies of the state", David Kilgour's report alleges a policy of harvesting the organs of Falun Gong members who are political prisoners. And that these are claims that China denies.

Posted by: dwest ()
Date: August 19, 2006 05:59AM

upsidedownnewspaper
For the Falun Gong database?

A transcript of an interview on Australia ABC "Lateline" program regarding claims supported by former Canadian parliamentarian David Kilgour that the Chinese Government has been using Falun Gong political prisoners for the harvesting of body organs.

[www.abc.net.au]

Horrific story. But is it credible?

I noticed that Kilgour started out by saying it was Falun Gong members that were the ones that were used for organs but as the interview went on he started using the term political prisioners.

His primary sourch and eyewitness Chen Yang is a member of Falun Gong. I think its another "China Bad, Falun Gong good" piece.

Posted by: Sinthyia ()
Date: August 19, 2006 02:03PM

Sorry, that report isn' enough 'proof' for me to buy this. Then you chuck in the fact that Falun Gong isn't always 'truthful' in there claims and you've got a truckload of doubt. Even those reports say there is no 'real' proof of it just a bunch of circumstancial evidence pointing there. I heard it put this way, 'there is enough to get an inditment from a grand jury but not enough to convict' and that seems the best way to put it.

Because of Chinas' repressive nature stories such as these have been floating around for years. This one is just a new twist on an old one is all. As far back as the 1800's the Chinese were accused of openly selling dead children for food. Even that rumor has persisted to this day, some of the 'extreme Christian' groups heavily into the end times stuff trot that one out still. Amazing thing is if you listen to it it is almost word for word a similar account a serial killer from the '30s and '40s gave in a confession about his crimes. So don't believe all you hear.

While it is in the realm of possibility until there is more real evidence from someone in no way affiliated with Falun Gong don't buy it!

Posted by: janz ()
Date: August 30, 2006 02:02PM

Ok, let me point out a few things.
One, those so called politicians didn't visit China at all. they based their research on second handed materials, many of those materials came from FLG groups.

Two, The American Consulate in Shenyang already sent someone to visit that hospital, and that guy didn't find anything at all.
""In these visits the officers were allowed to tour the entire facility and grounds and found no evidence that the site is being used for any function other than as a normal public hospital"
i'm sure you'll take a US government website:
[usinfo.state.gov]

Three, those politicians aren't independent by any means. one of them is a lawyer who represented FLG before. Another one participated in a "simulative trial" ran by FLG.
links from FLG website:
[www.clearharmony.net]
[www.clearwisdom.net]

Four, Harry Wu, who sent many years in Chinese labor camps and wrote several books on chinese goverment organ harvest also questioned FLG's allegations.
[www.laogai.org]

Posted by: stick ()
Date: August 31, 2006 04:36AM

is there a fuller link or better reference to the status of this group?

Posted by: dwest ()
Date: September 02, 2006 06:14AM

stick
is there a fuller link or better reference to the status of this group?

[www.culteducation.com]

Although this is generally a biased website, I feel their information on Folun Gong is quite extensive as well
[www.religioustolerance.org]

Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.