carlos castaneda
Posted by: jaycep ()
Date: August 10, 2006 07:38AM

i just want to warn people about carlos castaneda - the teachings of don juan. i brainwashed myself reading the 'shortened' version online ... did the full brainwash with my brain sync off and feeling like i was going to die, and going temporarily crazy - the whole thing

just warning about that.

carlos castaneda
Posted by: Brad69 ()
Date: August 10, 2006 12:08PM

Castaneda is dangerous stuff.

My girlfriend went through a number of courses where a so-called guru - armed with bogus qualifications - taught life skills based on Castaneda's books about Don Juan. Never did he mention that what he was teaching was based on fiction not fact.

The website [www.sustainedaction.org] gives excellent information on Castaneda, his teachings and his life itself. He was, without doubt, a dangerous and lying narcissist.

On the message boards on the website, you will see how many people are still struggling with their lives after trying to lead them according to the teachings of Don Juan.

It has caused my girlfriend innumerable problems and turned her from a happy, smiling, loving person to one who frequently became overwhelmed, became depressed, and alienated from those around her.

Castaneda teaches a particularly selfish way of life, one that includes cutting off from loved ones.

He was supposed to 'burn with the fire' within when he died, and pass into the 'second attention', but he actually died a painful death of cancer at 71.

Leave his stuff alone. That is the best advice I can offer.

This link might help you with more information: [board.culteducation.com]

carlos castaneda
Posted by: Gulab Jamon ()
Date: August 15, 2006 12:35AM

I think it's possible to enjoy Castaneda's books as works of fiction.

carlos castaneda
Posted by: Brad69 ()
Date: August 15, 2006 01:38AM

Agreed.

Castaneda could be enjoyed as fiction, but when it is preached as fact without informing the people that it is, in fact, fiction it can be really dangerous.

In my case, the so-called guru who taught stuff based on Castaneda claimed to have studied the teachings of Don Juan Matus. If he had done so (which I believe he did because he quotes the books pretty easily), then why did he not divulge that they were fiction?

Someone so well versed in Castaneda surely knew the truth of his books. Of course, it served him well to use the idea of the sorcerer as employed by Castaneda which says that lying and deceiving are acceptable ways of getting what one wants.

What a great way to cover one's butt! When one's lies are exposed then it is easy to simply claim that one is playing the Sorcerer.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.