Current Page: 5 of 7
Joy of Satan
Posted by: Jack Oskar Larm ()
Date: January 23, 2007 05:11AM

:? Just had a dreadful thought. Because I liked the original and remake of [b:d4e91b0c9c]Bedazzled[/b:d4e91b0c9c], does that make me a Satanist?

Which makes me think, is there a [b:d4e91b0c9c]Top 10 list of Satanist movies[/b:d4e91b0c9c]?

You mentioned Hammer. What about all those 70s Italian vampire movies?

Options: ReplyQuote
Joy of Satan
Posted by: kath ()
Date: January 23, 2007 09:26AM

If you like most of these, or if you watch all 10 consecutively, you become a Satanist. Shame we can't get one of the Joy of Satan on here for the official list :)

Rosemary's Baby
Night of the Demon
Omen
Race with the devil
Blood on Satan's Claw/Satan's skin
Devil Rides Out
Eyes Wide Shut
'Hexen'/Mark of the Devil
Angel Heart
End of Days :lol:

Joy of Satan
Date: January 26, 2007 04:30AM

And then, like having a tub of ice cream for dessert, you'd finish the meal with The Exorcist.

Joy of Satan
Date: January 27, 2007 06:27AM

And what the hell would a Satanist do on Halloween? Wear a colourful T-shirt and jeans, wipe off the white face paint and remove the piercings?

Joy of Satan
Date: January 27, 2007 07:44AM

We are not here to bash their beliefs/lifestyle choices, I'm sure not all Satanists are goths :)

Joy of Satan
Date: January 27, 2007 11:52AM

Fair enough :oops:

It's just so difficult, looking over their material, not to see a bunch of cliches and stereotypes.

Joy of Satan
Date: January 27, 2007 12:18PM

Let's stick to mocking the Joy of Satan lol :D There's plenty there to be getting on with to critique :)

[www.angelfire.com] Diane Vera has some good essays explaining theistic satanism with articles for those from other faiths- christianity, paganism etc. Actually an intelligent site about Satanism :shock: I would recommend it if you want to learn more. She mocks the JoS too and is concerned by them.

I'm afraid there's still black and red though :D

Joy of Satan
Date: January 28, 2007 04:26AM

From Vera's site:

... one who does believe in and worship Satan as a deity ...

I thought in the Christian myth, Satan was an angel, ie Lucifer. I know many people 'worship' angels, but as deities? Unless Satanists believe in multiple gods/goddesses and therefore bestow 'godhood' on any number of ideas ...

Is there a hierarchy of deities?

And the RED and BLACK ... :?

Joy of Satan
Date: January 28, 2007 04:38AM

From Vera's site

... Satan is one of many gods, all of whom are in some sense real. There is no one all-powerful "God" like the Christian idea of "God". There are many gods who are powerful, but not all-powerful ...

But you'd have to conclude that Satan is, in their view, the most all-powerful 'god'.

... my own here-and-now interpretation of "Satan" deliberately ignores not only Satan's history according to Christian myth (the alleged rebellion and fall), but also the history of the Satan myth itself before it was adopted by Christianity ...

It seems they (or Vera) can just pick and choose traits and meaning for their interpretation of Satan. On one hand, there seems to be emphasis on the Prince of Darkness being the Bringer of Light, as in the Christian tradition; but there's also reference to Set (Egyptian) and Pan (Celtic). And then you have the quote above stating that it adheres to none of these. And yet ...

Joy of Satan
Date: January 28, 2007 11:10AM

Jack Oskar Larm
It seems they (or Vera) can just pick and choose traits and meaning for their interpretation of Satan. On one hand, there seems to be emphasis on the Prince of Darkness being the Bringer of Light, as in the Christian tradition; but there's also reference to Set (Egyptian) and Pan (Celtic). And then you have the quote above stating that it adheres to none of these. And yet ...

That's the New Age, or post-modern, 'religion' for you. Personally I wouldn't have it any other way :)

I don't object to the beliefs of the JoS, although they are bizarre and humorous, it's the leadership style, donations and other problems that I find disturbing on occasion.

Many of the problems are outlined on this site by an ex-member.
[www.satans-powers.tk]

Current Page: 5 of 7

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.