Pages: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3
A talk about Fred Phelps and the Westboro Baptist Church
Posted by: hello ()
Date: September 12, 2007 10:23PM

One of the main spokespeople for the group- Fred's daughter- has an illegitimate son. She's clearly dysfunctional and guilt ridden about it. All the programmes I've seen have just made me feel sorry for them.
It's interesting to see how they twist scriptural teachings to suit their own agenda.
Fred is gay. It's his family I feel sorry for. One of his grandaughters just looked so desperate for a boyfriend. When Louis Theroux arrived- she was so excited to be able to speak to a man. She was so childish and immature in his prescence. It's just really, really sad.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: A talk about Fred Phelps and the Westboro Baptist Church
Posted by: Sparky ()
Date: December 14, 2007 07:37AM

Dear Friends
kind regards

Hi, everyone, just kidding with that salutation (I am obviously needling Moralman just a little).

I wonder if any of you know this. Is there any documentary being done about this clear and dangerous cult? If so, I'd love the info. After the recent mall and church shootings in the USA how much of a jump would it be for one of the young passionate youths of WBC to grab a gun and go "git those fags 'n godless soldiers"

Thanks in advance for any info (Netflix is waiting).

Posted by: SoI Kills ()
Date: January 26, 2008 10:10AM

This is awesome, the duaghter going into an interview to rant and rave about Heath Ledger (recently deceased Aussie actor who Westboro condemns to hell for playing a gay role in BrokeBack Mountain) and the interviewer brings up her two illegitimate sons.

[perezhilton.com]

Here is a vid of Phelps "preaching" about Ledger's death (Ultra bigotted and Highly Offensive - as you would expect)

[crabbieshollywood.blogspot.com]

Another vid of satirical news from the Australian comedy show The Chaser's War on Everything

[crabbieshollywood.blogspot.com]

They will not get to picket the funeral most likely since it will be in Australia in his home town of Perth, but hopefully they will get some unwanted attention from this. There have been several media reports in Australian newspapers about the cult.

Posted by: thunderbyrd ()
Date: January 26, 2008 10:58PM

i do not believe that the phelps clan is anti-gay at all. i believe they are pro-gay and that everything they do promotes the "gay agenda". their mission is to make all Christians who believe the Bible and oppose "gay rights" appear hate-filled, ignorant and evil.

for a long time, i had assumed they were simply insane, but they are too well organized, too dedicated, and too effective.

Date: January 26, 2008 11:15PM

The so called "Gay Agenda" is just a myth cooked up by homophobes and cult leaders. The term and the basuc notion gets around, but can anyone actually express what it is and provide evidence that it is taking place?

People wanting basic human rights is hardly a sinister thing or taking the first step towards world domination.

Gay people like everyone else want to be able to choose to have children and raise a family, adopt, foster (which does a lot of good for kids that need homes) have their partner allowed to visit them in the emergency room, leave their posessions if they die to their partner, be permitted to have sex with who they choose to have sex with on the level of consenting adults etc. To live with dignity without such ridiculous persecution as this Fred Phelps hands out. He is not new, there has been others and sadly there will probably be more.

Westboro Baptist Cult doesn't just attack against gays either, they have a whole ideology based on God hating America and target returned service men's funerals and tradgedies such as the Virginia Tech Massacre. Apparently whenever someone dies it is God exacting revenge. The idea that they are too well organised and funded to be just a bunch of hateful inbred hicks might seem well founded, but there are a lot of homophobes in the world and they are masquerading as a Baptist church, where Baptism is pretty mainstream. Extremism and the idea of taking action appeals to some people more than others, there are still states in America where homosexuality is illegal, even the politicians condemn it in their governing, the media churns out plenty of prejudice, so the hate is there to support him and then some. Fifty years ago Phelps would probably have been a grand poo-bah in the KKK offending black people. Back then the whole argument for protecting the sanctity of marriage and God says was protesting interracial unions.

The Gay rights movement has never sought to alter society to the detriment of anyone except those who think it is their right to define someone by who they love or have sex with, or both. You should read about The Stonewall Riot which was the beginning of Gay Rights in America. Get the movie if you can and watch it, see how people were persecuted and victimised just for wanting to live like the heterosexuals.

I'm not gay myself, but having come out of a homophobic cult with a guru that preaches gay agenda I can see straight through it. You don't have to be gay to respect and value humanity.

Date: January 26, 2008 11:51PM

"It turns out that Fred Phelps is not a Baptist Minister, his actions, however, do raise sympathy for the homosexual cause and at the same time bring into disrepute and ridicule the Christian faith. Further, according to Wikipedia and Kansas Voter View, Mr. Phelps is a registered Democrat who ran in five Kansas Democratic primaries including Senator and campaigned for the then Senator Al Gore in the 1988 presidential campaign (photos back this up) culminating in invitations to both Clinton-Gore inaugurations.

Mr. Phelps lives in a large upscale home with his grown children, several of whom are graduate lawyers. Mr. Phelps and his family mysteriously arrive to picket across the country during sensitive times in the cultural war between homosexuals and mainstream society."

that's from lifesite.org

Date: January 26, 2008 11:55PM

"Fifty years ago Phelps would probably have been a grand poo-bah in the KKK offending black people. "

forty years ago, fred phelps was in court fighting for the rights of black people, which was a good thing. he is continuing his civil rights work. and the way he's working now is much more effective.

Date: January 30, 2008 03:56AM

Thunderbyrd, I can find nothing online to sugguest that Fred Phelps is involved in any form of civil rights work.

On the contrary the Anti-Defamation Leage has accused Westboro Baptists as being racist, examples include distributing "literature" which condemn multiculturalism, atack people on the basis of being "black" and presented an Africian American politician as a gorilla, a clearly intended racial slur :

"Anybody babbling about 'multicultural affairs' and 'celebrating diversity' is a propagandist for the militant sodomite agenda...Westboro Baptists will picket this black obfuscator, in religious protest and warning. Being black won't get you to Heaven. But promoting fags will take you to Hell."

-- "WBC Will Picket ___________________, Ph.D. She's a Multicultural, Diversity-Celebrating Blabbermouth," WBC "News Release," November 13, 1996

"Forget the American Bald Eagle. Since June 23, 1994, the only fitting emblem for the Great Seal of the United States Judiciary is this beast...Just call me: 'Yo Honuh'!!!... Here Come De Judge!!!"

--Text surrounding a racist caricature of an African-American female judge, "The Federal Judiciary: A Menagerie of Demonic, Libidinous, unclean Beasts: A Curse from God Upon an Apostate Nation," WBC flier, November 28, 1996

"Me ______________. Me lots smarter now. Me be Deputy Mayor...This crowd could dumb down the Western Hemisphere."

-- Text surrounding a drawing of a gorilla, "Wagnon's 'Friendlier Topeka,'" WBC flier, June 13, 1997. The named individual is an African-American city council member in Topeka, Kansas

"Black Female Dyke ___________ is a child of the Devil, peddling her satanic father's fag lies...She's dangerous because she plays the race card, the female card, & the poor-little-broken-home-orphan card like a fiddle to gullible fools who give her money."

-- "WBC to Picket Pervert ________, & Her Devil's Angels," WBC "News Release," May 20, 1996

"The recent race riots in New York over the senseless killing of young Yusef Hawkins, and the waves of Black students clashing with police in Virginia Beach, remind us that racism is not quite dead in America the beautiful. But most of us are sick and tired of self-flagellation. Shall a few isolated racist acts keep us all in sackcloth forever, repenting the sins of slave-owning ancestors?"

-- Fred Phelps in The Spotlight newspaper, October 30, 1989

"Meet _______________, black criminal...this black goon heads for 15-year-old Sharon Phelps...to beat her and hospitalize her."

-- "Boycott the Vintage...Black Bullies Beat White Kids and Women," WBC flier, March 31, 1996

"On Feb. 1 this sorry smear of Hamitic Sludge who sold his black soul to the Courthouse Whore ordered a fellow black murderer...released without bond & without an AIDS test!"

-- "Black Slime ____," WBC flier, February 6, 1995

[www.adl.org]

As for the gay agenda you have simply branded the term (and the myth) around in the conversation with no offer of clarification and what appears to be a clear sympathy for Phelps.

Christian leaders persecute homosexuals and when one of their own goes too far then logically it must be the gay's fault. This is a theory worthy of Phelp himself. I suppose we could blame the holocaust on the jews too... Oh wait, Phelp's does that too. He was ordained a baptist in 1946 and was denounced only after he became an embarassment. When was he installed by homosexuals according to this theory?

Perhaps his years of physically and mentally abusing/humilliating his own children in the name of God was inspired by the "gay agenda" as well.

If gay bashing, teen suicide and genuine attempts by politicians and Presidents to actually amend America’s constitution to explicitly deny rights to homosexuals weren’t clear and present dangers, the notion of a “gay agenda” would be laughable. How strong can a marriage be – a supposedly sanctified institution – if two members of the same sex marrying will destroy it? How learned can a behavior be, if despite your best parenting efforts to instill heterosexuality onto your children, they can be so easily evangelized by radical homosexuals.

Many gay people who simply want the right to serve their country, marry or work without fear of discrimination for being open about who they are have no agenda beyond that. A blogger calling himself angry biscuit sums it up this way: Homosexual Agenda: 1. Quality time w/family 2. Be treated equally 3. Buy milk

[www.annoy.com]

Posted by: golfer6716 ()
Date: February 14, 2008 02:05AM

Fred Phelps has it all wrong. God does not hate "fags". He needs to read the bible as JESUS does not say one word either pro or con about homosexuals. I was blown away when I actually found out that Jesus does not mention gays in the bible. A real eye opener for me, after being taught all these years that there was something wrong with being gay.

Now having said that, it is in the bible that God does hate those that eat shellfish, ie, Shrimp. I even think there is a website godhatesshrimp.com, making fun of Phelps, but I'm not sure.

Anyway, that's my 4 cents.

peace out

Pages: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.