Current Page: 17 of 110
The Trinity Foundation of Dallas, Texas
Posted by: zeuszor ()
Date: October 06, 2006 10:05PM

I am not lashing out at anyone and again, it's nothing personal. I am only pointing out to the guy that he is talking about things he knows nothing of and that he is making himself look stupid in the process. That is not animosity, that is not a put-down, but it is an exortation. A call for Nathan to sharpen up his powers of Bible interpretation. For that matter, a call for all of us who name the name of Christ to learn the Scriptures better. It's called discernment.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: cherenuff1 ()
Date: October 06, 2006 10:43PM

zeuszor
I am not lashing out at anyone and again, it's nothing personal. I am only pointing out to the guy that he is talking about things he knows nothing of and that he is making himself look stupid in the process. That is not animosity, that is not a put-down, but it is an exortation. A call for Nathan to sharpen up his powers of Bible interpretation. For that matter, a call for all of us who name the name of Christ to learn the Scriptures better. It's called discernment.

STOP! Calling people stupid does nothing. It is animosity. I can sense it with every word you post. Your relegious elitist attitude is frankly...irritating. Just be honest. You ARE lashing out. You ARE attacking others on a personal level. I do not have to learn scripture to know God. My daughters know God yet cannot read. Discernment is NOT knowig the scriptures. Please do not tell those of us that do not know scripture that we don't have discernment. Frankly...you lack of discernment is in question.

YOU do not have discernment just by your post. I'm sorry but I couldn't let you keep attacking someone because you yourself are naive. I am stopping this now because it feeds your ego. I know you Brian, you are as lost as most. I know you because I was in your position years ago. I KNOW you.

For Nathan: Please do not judge or have pre conceived notions on Trinity based on what you've heard about Ole or have gathered with a few morning bible studies. He is NOT Trinity. In fact if he died tomorrow, he would be missed but Trinity would still flourish. I would EXHORT (not Brians exhortations) you to come to a Sunday meal, meet me and others who attend on either a full time basis or part time. I would exhort you to seek fellowship, not scriptured wisdom, for to me, that is what God is about. Forget about meeting with Ole, who cares? You can if you want but PLEASE...he is NOT Trinity.

Don't make the mistake like Brian and those others from the past have made. He is not infallible, he is a man, he is weak like the rest of us. He does not speak for God. If you raise him up on a pedastal like Doug/Wendy/ Brian and many others did in the past then he will eventually let you down.

Date: October 06, 2006 10:50PM

Please consider the pastoral epistles where Paul calls out the false teachers by name. Read about Hymaneus (sp?), Philetus (sp?), and Alexander. We can also look at 3 John where Paul calls out Diotrephes by name. Then, of course, there is the entire book of Galatians in which Paul speaks directly to the false doctrines infiltrating the church there.
Jude 3 commands us to earnestly contend for the faith once for all delivered to the saints. The context of the passage makes it clear that we are contending against false teachers. 2 Peter says very similar things.
1 Corinthians 11 says that some divisions are necessary so that those who are approved by God may become manifest from those who are not. 2 Cor. 11 also has very strong statements about false teachers.
Another great passage is Acts 20:28-31. Then there is my personal favorite passage on the topic, Ephesians 5.
The Scriptures simply do not support a "peace at any price" or "hands off" position. False doctrine destroys people spiritually.
But remember, I'm just a pothead and am mentally imbalanced. I also am possesed by the demon of critical-thinking skills.

Posted by: counselor47 ()
Date: October 06, 2006 11:11PM

Hi, Michelle. Good to hear from you.

Let me clear up a couple of misconceptions. Upon leaving, I did not set out to destroy Ole, Trinity, or the work they do. When I first left Trinity, it was with every intention of remaining friends--or, at least continuing to be on a friendly basis. There was a whole series of things that happened with people saying hateful things to and about us that slowly caused me to take another look at Trinity, and I gradually came to the realization that there was “something rotten in Denmark.”

The point of Wendy writing this book is about us telling not just our story but the story of the 50 or so former members with whom we have been in contact. While it is perhaps true that Trinity can seem benign to people, such as you and Michael, who are sort of on the periphery, it is also the case that Trinity has left dozens of hurting people in its wake, many of whom have had their faith destroyed. Predictably, for pointing out these facts Wendy and I are now being vilified. Nevertheless, it is an inconvenient truth.

Wendy and I would love to get together with you for some Tex-Mex and margaritas sometime. We already have plans for this weekend, but send a private message to me and we can work something out. Meanwhile, you might want to consider reading her book. You can check it out at www.dallascult.com

Doug

Date: October 06, 2006 11:31PM

zeuszor
Please consider the pastoral epistles where Paul calls out the false teachers by name. Read about Hymaneus (sp?), Philetus (sp?), and Alexander. We can also look at 3 John where Paul calls out Diotrephes by name. Then, of course, there is the entire book of Galatians in which Paul speaks directly to the false doctrines infiltrating the church there.
Jude 3 commands us to earnestly contend for the faith once for all delivered to the saints. The context of the passage makes it clear that we are contending against false teachers. 2 Peter says very similar things.
1 Corinthians 11 says that some divisions are necessary so that those who are approved by God may become manifest from those who are not. 2 Cor. 11 also has very strong statements about false teachers.
Another great passage is Acts 20:28-31. Then there is my personal favorite passage on the topic, Ephesians 5.
The Scriptures simply do not support a "peace at any price" or "hands off" position. False doctrine destroys people spiritually.
But remember, I'm just a pothead and am mentally imbalanced. I also am possesed by the demon of critical-thinking skills.

...um..er...ok LOL. I stopped reading after the first couple of words.

Date: October 06, 2006 11:39PM

2Ti 2:14 ¶ Of these things put [them] in remembrance, charging [them] before the Lord that they strive not about words to no profit, [but] to the subverting of the hearers.

2Ti 2:15 Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.

2Ti 2:16 But shun profane [and] vain babblings: for they will increase unto more ungodliness.

2Ti 2:17 And their word will eat as doth a canker: of whom is Hymenaeus and Philetus;

2Ti 2:18 Who concerning the truth have erred, saying that the resurrection is past already; and overthrow the faith of some.

2Ti 2:19 Nevertheless the foundation of God standeth sure, having this seal, The Lord knoweth them that are his. And, Let every one that nameth the name of Christ depart from iniquity.

2Ti 2:20 But in a great house there are not only vessels of gold and of silver, but also of wood and of earth; and some to honour, and some to dishonour.

2Ti 2:21 If a man therefore purge himself from these, he shall be a vessel unto honour, sanctified, and meet for the master's use, [and] prepared unto every good work.

2Ti 2:22 Flee also youthful lusts: but follow righteousness, faith, charity, peace, with them that call on the Lord out of a pure heart.

2Ti 2:23 But foolish and unlearned questions avoid, knowing that they do gender strifes.

2Ti 2:24 And the servant of the Lord must not strive; but be gentle unto all [men], apt to teach, patient,

2Ti 2:25 In meekness instructing those that oppose themselves; if God peradventure will give them repentance to the acknowledging of the truth;

2Ti 2:26 And [that] they may recover themselves out of the snare of the devil, who are taken captive by him at his will.

Date: October 06, 2006 11:42PM

"I do not have to learn scripture to know God. My daughters know God yet cannot read. Discernment is NOT knowig the scriptures. Please do not tell those of us that do not know scripture that we don't have discernment."

Wrong, wrong, wrong. Sister, you blaspheme. Now I have spoken my peace, given an "it is written", and your blood is not on my hands.

Posted by: counselor47 ()
Date: October 06, 2006 11:45PM

cherenuff1
Don't let that eat you for years like it has done to some.

While I agree with your exhortation to Brian not to call people stupid and naive, I have to point out that you are implying that Wendy and I are eaten up with hatred, which is far from the truth. We do not hate anyone at Trinity. We are not eaten up, obsessed, or filled with anger, disappointment, or disgust. Actually, we have a good life and are quite happy.

I think all of us should try to carry on this discussion without resorting to [i:0e3ab806f4]ad hominem[/i:0e3ab806f4] attacks.

Date: October 06, 2006 11:59PM

I never said that Nathan was stupid or naive, I said that that is how he [i:5411094d8f]sounds[/i:5411094d8f]. And it's true. I spoke from the flesh in making those statements and beg the forgiveness of the Father and of all participating in this discussion, especially Nathan. Perhaps a more tactful word would be to say that he is [i:5411094d8f]ignorant[/i:5411094d8f] of the facts.

Date: October 07, 2006 12:00AM

counselor47
Hi, Michelle. Good to hear from you.

Let me clear up a couple of misconceptions. Upon leaving, I did not set out to destroy Ole, Trinity, or the work they do. When I first left Trinity, it was with every intention of remaining friends--or, at least continuing to be on a friendly basis. There was a whole series of things that happened with people saying hateful things to and about us that slowly caused me to take another look at Trinity, and I gradually came to the realization that there was “something rotten in Denmark.”

The point of Wendy writing this book is about us telling not just our story but the story of the 50 or so former members with whom we have been in contact. While it is perhaps true that Trinity can seem benign to people, such as you and Michael, who are sort of on the periphery, it is also the case that Trinity has left dozens of hurting people in its wake, many of whom have had their faith destroyed. Predictably, for pointing out these facts Wendy and I are now being vilified. Nevertheless, it is an inconvenient truth.

Wendy and I would love to get together with you for some Tex-Mex and margaritas sometime. We already have plans for this weekend, but send a private message to me and we can work something out. Meanwhile, you might want to consider reading her book. You can check it out at www.dallascult.com

Doug

Hey Doug!

Good to hear from you too. Margaritas would be great and perhaps another round of that memory game (if you remember..lol) Just as long as Trinity or politics don't come up. Trinity...well, we have different view points and politics...I don't think you'd care for my side on that as well :lol:

Don't get me wrong. I understand about the hurt feelings and why they would feel hurt, betrayed, etc. Remember...I was asked to leave and after finding the ex-members, I myself, wanted to think of Trinity as a cult. I, myself, put Ole as a cult leader. I mean, how DARE they ask me to leave when all I did was pretend to be pregnant and told others that I had an abortion.

Come on...I was in the wrong. I just didn't want others to tell me that and it was realllly easy when ex-members told me that Trinity was a cult and that I shouldn't have been asked to leave. Please...I would have asked for me to leave. YOU now would have asked for me to leave you alone, if all I did was lie.

The only difference is that after moving to Kansas and I wasn't around the EX-members, I lost my hate, anger, hurt and shame. I found Ex-Members becoming a cult. The cult of "How Ole fooled me and now my Life is ruined because of him." I still wouldn't mind hanging out with them. Some of them are fun people that I'd like to hang out with but no one wants that from me. They don't want to just have a nice time out, they want more confirmation of their anger against something I'm simply not angry about nor wish to discuss. My father is into Scientology. You think I want to discuss relegion with him..LOL LOL...Hell NO! But we do talk about other things and skirt around his and my faiths.

I found that Trinity wasn't a cult and started to search for God...for real. I unfortunately couldn't find a spiritual home since most of Mike's relatives are Baptists. God love the Baptists but I smoke cigarettes and like to dance and drink on occasion. They saw it as a sinful way to live and unfortunately, I suppose I was shunned from them as well.

I guess I realized that no one, no where has the right to dictate my own walk with God. Am I just on the edge of Trinity...no. I feel immersed fully with them. Heck..I even helped write that Scit about the Wizard of Iz that Brian totally did not get.

Yes...I understand. Was Trinity more agressive in their pursuits years ago...Yes, I admit that. Do they do that now...no. Most of the Leaders are older and more mellow. Plus...no one thinks Ole is "all that" now. I think it was fine for you to move on. Trinity wasn't a home for you anymore, I suppose and it was time to find your spiritual hom. I'm glad for you.

Why talk and dwell about things that have happened YEARS ago. The difference now between me and some others that left is that I chose to let go of my anger. I don't direct this at you since it seems that you are indeed happy and have found a spiritual peace. I like you guys...I've always liked you guys. I don't like your views on things but then again, that would make life boring if everyone agreed. LOl

Anyways...I'll pm you and see if you guys would like to meet up. It's been awhile but let's not talk of Trinity or politics...k? We can talk of relegion in general since I believe that we both believe in the same thing...God. Lord knows that I have friends outside of Trinity that don't believe what I do and we do just fine.

Thanks
Michelle

Current Page: 17 of 110

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.