Date: October 02, 2007 01:25AM

Zeuszor-

Amen and Amen and AMEN!!!!

Mark

Options: ReplyQuote
The Trinity Foundation of Dallas, Texas
Posted by: zeuszor ()
Date: October 02, 2007 04:15AM

Spend a month or so there on the Block, go to the "Bible Studies" every weekday morning and twice a week in the evenings, go to the
Passover feast, where everybody dresses in white and participates in self-disclosure sessions in which individuals' "secret sins" are discussed before Seder, sit at OA's feet all afternoon like he is some kind of Yoda type, really soak up TFI culture for a while, and then you'll discover the incredible fact of the collective consciousness there, the control that OA really does have, all of the unwritten rules, all of the roles that everybody is put into, the degradation, the abuse, the fact that nobody is really allowed to LEARN or GROW as a person or as a disciple there...

Yeah, I can see it in my mind, and it makes me laugh: Ole sitting there in the Lair, eating oatmeal every morning, going on and on with this funny voice like Master Yoda: "Turn to the Dark Side you should! Your mind, The Antichrist it is. The enemy it is. Defeat it you must!" Like some pseudo wise man. Makes me giggle just thinking about it.

Posted by: counselor47 ()
Date: October 02, 2007 11:38AM

zeuszor
Yeah, I can see it in my mind, and it makes me laugh: Ole sitting there in the Lair, eating oatmeal every morning, going on and on with this funny voice like Master Yoda: "Turn to the Dark Side you should! Your mind, The Antichrist it is. The enemy it is. Defeat it you must!"
LOL! :lol:

Date: October 02, 2007 11:47AM

"Finished, it is. Enter the rest, you should..." Like Yoda's evil twin "Ole".

Date: October 02, 2007 09:22PM

Mark Scheiderer
Like a handful of others within the counter-cult community - who are supposed to EXPOSE cults and DEFEND those who have left them - they are now also "cult apologists", in that they are defending a cult.

Mark Scheiderer
Ironically, this situation parallels the one with Hank Hanegraaf and the Local Church. Pretty much exactly the same.

Date: October 02, 2007 09:24PM

zeuszor
They're a bunch of pussies, if you ask me.
Nevertheless, I think we should refrain from name calling.

Date: October 03, 2007 04:17AM

Names, huh? You mean like,[b:9299f56b8a] "Whore mongering power pimp with a gumbo theology"? [/b:9299f56b8a] Have you seen this?

Date: October 03, 2007 04:22AM

Somebody sent me an email about that...

Posted by: Mark Scheiderer ()
Date: October 03, 2007 07:22AM

Counselor47-

I totally agree.
As you've no doubt realized by now, the counter-cult/apologetics ministries are FULL of opportunists, self-promoters and people that are just to stinking lazy and undiciplined to get a job. Call them to account or point out their errors and KABOOOOOOOOOM, boy do they go OFF!!!!
Seems like they always associate with each other too. Birds of a feather...

Later,

Mark

Posted by: Mark Scheiderer ()
Date: October 04, 2007 07:30AM

Counselor47 -

One other thing about some within the counter-cult/apologetics community is that some of them have their own "pet" ministries/ministers that are off limits for anyone to speak out against.
A good case in point would be Anton Hein ( a convicted sexual offender who spent 6 months in jail; just read the info on this very site about him!) and the Vineyard Movement. Hein is a former youth minister within the V.M. ( NOT a good idea considering his criminal background.) When I brought up Lonnie Frisbee ( a man who HUGELY influenced John Wimber in the early days of the Vineyard, who died of AIDS in the '90's, was known by Hein personally and has been completely written out of Vineyard history ) on a private apologetics forum, Hein went ballistic and resorted to a scathing ad hominem attack upon me. (He later, as is true to his form, reposted the remarks, but left the insulting personal comments out.)
IM(really infuriated)O, Hein and Jon Trott of JPUSA are poster boys for all that is wrong in the apologetics ministries.
It's to bad that there isn't a separate section on these boards where one can post about people/ministries to avoid. MAN, could I rattle off a few idiots within the camp!!!!

Mark Scheiderer

Current Page: 105 of 110

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.