The Trinity Foundation of Dallas, Texas
Posted by: zeuszor ()
Date: August 07, 2007 04:24AM

Has he contacted anybody else that you know of?

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: counselor47 ()
Date: August 07, 2007 11:31AM

zeuszor
Has he contacted anybody else that you know of?
No.

Date: August 08, 2007 10:06AM

Seeking wrote:

The Zeus is right on this one, Counselor. Someone needs to watch the "watchdog."

Thanks for that, seeking. It's not like I go out of my way to drive by; I eat at Kalachandji's frequently, and have to pass by the Block to get there. It gives me the opportunity to scope them out.

Date: August 09, 2007 05:45AM

Frederick Price recently filed a lawsuit against ABC
John Stossel, Disney and Ole
Anthony and the Trinity Foundation.

The complaint is here:

[www.faithdome.org]

Here is a link to Price's site that discusses the
suit:

[www.crenshawchristiancenter.net]

Date: August 09, 2007 06:01AM

Watch the video and be shocked, and awed.

It was probably TFI's in-house video editor (and IMO total a**hole) named HG that edited that Price clip. I have seen that one a million times. Amazing to see it in full context.

I hope that Crenshaw buries TFI. They are a bunch of jerks (TFI) if you ask me.

Date: August 09, 2007 10:03AM

Ole, Trinity Foundation, ABC, and John Stossel are being sued for a story 20/20 did about prosperity preacher Fred Price in which they took some of his comments on videotape out of context in order to portray him in a false light. The Dallas Observer's piece on their blog is a good summation of the story. See: [www.dallasobserver.com]

John Stossel and ABC have apologized, but on his Wittenburg Door blog Ole says:
"'I've been sued so many times that I could play an attorney on television,' said Anthony ... 'We have never done a pro-active investigation on Rev. Price. All we did was provide ABC [with] some footage,' he said."

Date: August 09, 2007 11:07AM

Wait a minute...[i:17b46886f1]The Door's[/i:17b46886f1] videos and DVDs have been featuring that out of context clip for years as an example of someone preaching "The Gospel of Greed". They have been selling that clip, among others, for a profit in [i:17b46886f1]The Door Store[/i:17b46886f1] for at least six years.

So why hasn't CCC sued TFI or OA or anybody else before now?

Could it be because ABC has deeper pockets that TFI? Hmmm...makes me wonder what Crenshaw's [i:17b46886f1]real[/i:17b46886f1] motive is. Could it be....$$$? Nah...

;-)

Posted by: seeking ()
Date: August 09, 2007 08:32PM

I don't think the issue is CCC's greed (although it may not have been worth the trouble when the clip was only on Ole Anthony's little store - it reached a whole other level when it was broadcast on national tv).

I think the real issue here is that Ole and his Trinity Foundation intentionally set out to portray Fred Price in a negative light. The clip was taken out of context and by taking it out of context, Price was thought to have said that he owned a huge house, multiple cars, airplane, etc.

What does the Bible say about false witness? Or, if you want to give Mr. Anthony the benefit of the doubt, once, it was revealed that the footage he gave ABC was not an accurate portrayal of what Price said, why did Mr. Ole not apologize like ABC and Stossel did?

Just seeking the truth.

Date: August 09, 2007 09:26PM

Yes, Zeus, I think Seeking is right about this. Whatever problems there may be with Fred Price and his ministry are rendered moot by the mendacity of Ole and Trinity Foundation. If Ole wants to critique Fred Price he is welcome to do so--it is a free country, after all. But pulling somebody's words out of context so that you make them appear to say the opposite of what the speaker was actually saying is the very definition of bearing false witness--one of the big 10.

Ole and his accomplices at Trinity Foundation need to repent of this sin.

Date: August 13, 2007 11:10AM

Tomorrow I am going on sabbatical and will be offline for a couple of weeks.

God Bless you all. I love and wish the best for you.

God's blessings and His peace be with you.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.