Current Page: 44 of 110
The Trinity Foundation of Dallas, Texas
Posted by: counselor47 ()
Date: November 30, 2006 01:34AM

Of course you're disappointed in him...he refuses to take your side. Very ironic that you were all smiles and approval when he agreed with some parts of your spiel but when he disagreed you have turned away from him. I've told him that this is an anti-Trinity forum and that it is far from unbiased.

No, I have not "turned away" from Nathan, and I hope he continues to post. I have expressed some frustration that he is not being evenhanded in the way he is looking at this. Of course, he is free to disagree with me, as are you. I guess you can call this forum "anti-Trinity." We are expressing a particular viewpoint, but that does not invalidate what we are saying. I think we are bringing up some things that need to be discussed and that have been ignored by the media up until Wendy and I started speaking out.

Options: ReplyQuote
Date: November 30, 2006 01:37AM

Er....I know of about 30 other members that don't feel the way you and these small handful of disgruntled members feel

I would sure like to know who some of those people are. Feel free to email me their names on my private email (I don't want you to violate anyone's privacy), or, if you prefer, just give them my email address. I would love to dialogue with them.

Posted by: cherenuff1 ()
Date: November 30, 2006 01:39AM

cherenuff1
Seeking, Marion...

If you have other questions about the validity of the book, I can add the stuff that was never put in and you can go ahead and make a decision but I do not want to put it here for all the world to see, since it would hurt and embarrass alot of people. I would also say that you visit Trinity for awhile. Ole is rarely around but the bible studies still go on.

Marion, if you feel afraid for your cousin, why not talk to your cousin?

Good luck in your search.

I take this back. After much thought and reflection, I WILL NOT add anything else to the book. You may personally ask the ex-members, but I won't hurt them by bringing up the hidden truths. I just can't morally and spiritual hurt any of them even to discredit the book.

Sorry.

Date: November 30, 2006 01:45AM

Well of course not...she couldn't very well likely sell a book about a Dallas cult if she had actually tried to reach and interview non-disgruntled members?

We did not make a distinction or purposely seek out people we knew were disgruntled. We just interviewed all the former members we could find and (surprise!) they all had mostly critical things to say. I would be happy to talk to any former member who feels differently.

As for Glenna, I've talked to a few people that were interviewed, had nothing bad to say but their interviews never made it in the observer article. Why? Why did she not put the other interviews in? Why was the focus of her article about the small stuff Ole did as a kid?

Glenna was trying to get the other side of the story out. There have already been dozens of stories about how wonderful Trinity is, so it does not add much to the discussion to interview someone on the block who says, "Yeah, this is a cool place." And, if you think the article was about what Ole did as a kid then you missed the point and need to go back and reread it.

Date: November 30, 2006 01:49AM

counselor47

Of course you're disappointed in him...he refuses to take your side. Very ironic that you were all smiles and approval when he agreed with some parts of your spiel but when he disagreed you have turned away from him. I've told him that this is an anti-Trinity forum and that it is far from unbiased.

No, I have not "turned away" from Nathan, and I hope he continues to post. I have expressed some frustration that he is not being evenhanded in the way he is looking at this. Of course, he is free to disagree with me, as are you. I guess you can call this forum "anti-Trinity." We are expressing a particular viewpoint, but that does not invalidate what we are saying. I think we are bringing up some things that need to be discussed and that have been ignored by the media up until Wendy and I started speaking out.

I think he has. I suggest he come to Trinity and experience it first hand. My frustration stems from the fact that though I exhort Nathan, not one of you have exhorted Seeking to search out more besides just the book..Why?

Also...what are the former members looking for? Are they wanting an apology?

Since you and Wendy have left, I haven't seen anything done that her book suggests. Hot Seats haven't been done in over what?...10 years? I can say that for the last 7 years, nothing that she describes in the book has happened. Even Zeuszor will admit that he hasn't seen anything like that happen.

Can churches realize that somethings just didn't work and change? In your opinion, do you think Ole has changed? If not...why?

Date: November 30, 2006 01:50AM

counselor47

Er....I know of about 30 other members that don't feel the way you and these small handful of disgruntled members feel

I would sure like to know who some of those people are. Feel free to email me their names on my private email (I don't want you to violate anyone's privacy), or, if you prefer, just give them my email address. I would love to dialogue with them.

Let me ask them. Some of them were here for years, some for months, some just visited.

Date: November 30, 2006 01:56AM

2. Of course, I have been discredited quite a bit of times. Apparantly, according to you and Zeuszor, I cannot fully and logically discuss Trinity because I have been on "the fringe" of the group. Even though I have been apart ofr 15+ years, since I disagree with the points of view that you and Zeuszor have made, I must then be "on the fringe/outskirts/etc.".

Isn't that and ad hominen attack. Questioning the validity of my statements due to the fact that you "think" I'm in the fringe of Trinity?

You are right on this one. Your experience belongs to you, and it is just as valid as anyone else's. However, Wendy's and my experience is also valid. The book expresses how we experienced certain things. She did not put everything about everyone in the book, because she was writing her own story, and there is much that is just not relevant to that.

Date: November 30, 2006 02:04AM

I take this back. After much thought and reflection, I WILL NOT add anything else to the book. You may personally ask the ex-members, but I won't hurt them by bringing up the hidden truths. I just can't morally and spiritual hurt any of them even to discredit the book.

Good. I think we can talk about the book and debate its validity in a civil way. I am perfectly open to the fact that we may have gotten something wrong, and, if so, we would want to correct it. So far, nobody has said anything that contradicts something specific which we have written. If there is something you want to say or question and you don't know if it is appropriate for this forum, please feel free to email me in private. I won't see it until I get home at the end of the day, though.

Posted by: zeuszor ()
Date: November 30, 2006 02:14AM

cherenuff1
zeuszor
Hi Marion. I was a member of the Trinity Foundation for about five months, beiginning in March of '06 and ending in early last August. I was the assistant to the Foundation's lead investigator, a man named Pete Evans. Ole Anthony is a pathologically dishonest, deeply narcissistic, and cynically abusive man. I heard about the book and the Dallas Observer article, posted at:

[www.dallasobserver.com]

also more at

[www.dallasobserver.com]

...while still involved with the Foundation. And after careful honest and objective analysis on my part believe that I have seen behind the curtain of lies he's taken care to weave and have beheld the bitter, cynical, angry, abusive little man whose name is Ole Anthony. I tried to defend them at first; look at the beginning of this thread and you'll see that at first I lived there and was caught up in denial too. I exhort you Nathan: this organization, while arguably having had done a service to the church in exposing religious crooks who eat the sheep that they should be feeding, is certainly nothing to hold up as an upstanding Christian ministry, and Ole Anthony certainly is nobody I'd want to encourage anybody to associate with. Indeed, he is the epitome of a false teacher (and I'm just talking about Ole's behavior as an abuser for starters; I haven't even described to you the blasphemous, heretical doctrine he teaches, presenting himself every step of the way as somebody with some kin of "anointed", special insight insofar as his twisted interpretaion of the Scriptures.) He has managed, because of his charismatic, manipulative genius and gift for a snappy quote, to stay under the radar of serious scrutiny for years, unlike, say, somebody like Hinn. Ole, however, is twice the hypocrite Hinn ever was, and that's saying something.
This man has left a wide path of psychic debris from his many abusees strewn about over a more than thirty-year period and it's time he stopped getting a pass. I only was closely associated with him for five or so months and left with the nasty taste of Ole's fruit in my mouth. Please Nathan, I beg you, take heed to what I write. It's time he be held accountable, after contriving a long career forcing accountability from others.

Don't forget to mention to Marian that you could barely do your job because of you being 'high' on marijauna most of the time and that you were kicked out because a church took you in to help you get back on your feet yet you smoked POT on the church premises around where children were at times!. If I had known this and if I had known that you were around my children while you were high, I would have called the police, but they didn't want that for you and asked you to leave and find your own place to live.

Is it ever a wonder that you could never "hear" what we may be teaching if your ears were blocked by drugs?

Please don't forget to let everyone else here know that you have apologized to me offline and you WANT ME TO GIVE MY LOVE AND SAY HELLO to people here at Trinity. WHY? Why would you want to give your love and have me say hello to those that you don't like?

Look, I've always been very forthcoming about the MJ. I made it clear that I was not "taken in". I was [i:027b00b0f9]hired to do a job[/i:027b00b0f9]. I flew to Dallas from Chicago to do it. I called Pete and started that process a good two weeks before I came to Dallas. I was [i:027b00b0f9]hired[/i:027b00b0f9], not taken in off of the street. So what if I liked to smoke grass? No matter how high I was "You are the Antichrist" never made sense. So no, I never bought that crap, grass or no grass. I had discernement enough to know that Ole teaches garbage.

Date: November 30, 2006 02:15AM

counselor47

Good. I think we can talk about the book and debate its validity in a civil way. I am perfectly open to the fact that we may have gotten something wrong, and, if so, we would want to correct it. So far, nobody has said anything that contradicts something specific which we have written. If there is something you want to say or question and you don't know if it is appropriate for this forum, please feel free to email me in private. I won't see it until I get home at the end of the day, though.

I will get back to you on private email when I can.

On another note: I actually had some free time this morning (will wonders never cease plus that coupled with the fact that I quit smoking 4 days ago!) but my posting will be very slow since I've got the PTA school Christmas thing to do this month as well as get my own Christmas season in order, we are looking at land to perhaps build a house on in the next few weeks, I'll be checking out a couple of churches and my daughter is sick.

(Anyone ever try to take pics of your family then send out over 100 Christmas postcards in one week :roll: If so, PLEASE give me some hints.

Soooo, if my posting is sporadic you know why.

Current Page: 44 of 110

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.