Current Page: 36 of 110
The Trinity Foundation of Dallas, Texas
Posted by: seeking ()
Date: November 19, 2006 07:27AM

seeking
I have to ask another question. Why would you want a leader or preacher who, as you, Cherenuff, said about your leader, "(Ole Anthony) can be pretty judgemental and harsh. He can be an ass and he's been told that too. He even admits that he's an ass."

Doesn't sound like the kind of person I would want as a leader. Maybe that's just me.

And doesn't the Bible say that the fruits of the spirit are love, peace, joy, kindness, gentleness, etc? It sounds to me like Ole's fruit is anger, arrogance, antagonism, abuse, aggressiveness, and antipathic.

Cherenuff, you didn't respond to these questions either.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: zeuszor ()
Date: November 19, 2006 08:30AM

As I told Nathan, Michelle, attacking somebody's character when they tell you something that you don't wan't to hear, and then their motivation for saying it in the first place, is the mark of an emotionally and spiritually immature individual. Again, why do you take it so personally, as if I am attacking you? It is not a personal matter. Actually, your lashing out makes me think that I am getting through that wall of denial that you have built up. So why do you put me down? Could it be because I am telling you something that you don't want to hear? What difference does it make how long I was with TFI (which, BTW, was for five months, not the two you mentioned)? I was there long enough to know what I am talking about now. Oh well, I do not take your ad hominem attack personally. I knew when I decided to get real involved on this board that I was liable to get attacked. If you want to play football, you're gonna get tackled. I'll not lose any sleep over it. Peace.

Why don't you spend some energy and time in thinking about and answering seeking's questions, instead of turning the focus on me? It is easy and convenient to make fun of somebody, like you made fun of me, when they tell you something you don't want to hear. It is also intellectually lazy (the ad hominem fallacy) and dishonest. The discussion is not about me and what a bad person I am. I know that I am not perfect. I have OCD and PTSD, take Prozac sometimes, and used to like to smoke marijuana and drink a lot of kava as a form of self-medication. While I was with TFI, I barely ever cleaned my room and it became quite, quite messy after a while. I was pretty shell-shocked. All this posting has been most therapeutic for me. Nowadays I read the Bible a lot and it gives me even more peace than the herb ever could. So kindly don't try and turn the tables. Please put some time and expend some mental energy in answering seeking's simple questions. It seems that you are quite biased against these claims because they do not fit the picture you have of TFI.

Date: November 19, 2006 08:38AM

seeking
seeking
I have to ask another question. Why would you want a leader or preacher who, as you, Cherenuff, said about your leader, "(Ole Anthony) can be pretty judgemental and harsh. He can be an ass and he's been told that too. He even admits that he's an ass."

Doesn't sound like the kind of person I would want as a leader. Maybe that's just me.

And doesn't the Bible say that the fruits of the spirit are love, peace, joy, kindness, gentleness, etc? It sounds to me like Ole's fruit is anger, arrogance, antagonism, abuse, aggressiveness, and antipathic.

Cherenuff, you didn't respond to these questions either.

We're waiting.

Date: November 19, 2006 08:40AM

seeking
seeking
Cherenuff, I can understand your desire to defend and protect a place that you are a member of and that has helped you with your children. But how do you explain the large number of former members in Wendy Duncan's book and the Dallas Observer article who consider Trinity Foundation to be cultic and spiritually abusive?

I could understand if you thought it was just Wendy and Doug Duncan, but how do you account for the testimony of other members who left Trinity Foundation? Are they all wrong? Are they all just disgruntled? Are they all just people who couldn't cut it at Trinity Foundation?

Hey Cherenuff, how come you didn't respond to my questions?

Just pointing these out too, lest you forget. Take your time.

Date: November 19, 2006 10:06AM

cherenuff1
zeuszor
I always liked you. You were always nice to me.

I like myself too... :lol: You're a nice guy but sometimes when you were here I wondered if you didn't say what you actually felt at times. I could see that you had problems with some of the doctrine but I think you tried too hard to be too nice...if that makes sense.

You are right. While I was with TFI I learned to suppress my doubts and keep my questions to myself. I didn't say what I actually felt at times, because I didn't feel like being embarrassed in front of everybody. I [i:f08910a4bb]always[/i:f08910a4bb] thought the "You are the Antichrist" doctrine was BS. I did try too hard to be [i:f08910a4bb]liked, accepted.[/i:f08910a4bb] Ole loathes people that try and be his friend or express admiration for him, yet at the same time he demands and feels entitled to it. I wanted so badly for my preconcieved ideas to conform to reality! I wanted so badly to believe in TFI! But all I got from Ole was ridicule and impatience, verbal abuse. "Ole, I want to be your friiieeend!" He'd say mockingly. HG too. He was always such an angry little man.

[b:f08910a4bb]ΒΆ [This] I say then, Walk in the Spirit, and ye shall not fulfil the lust of the flesh.

Gal 5:17 For the flesh lusteth against the Spirit, and the Spirit against the flesh: and these are contrary the one to the other: so that ye cannot do the things that ye would.

Gal 5:18 But if ye be led of the Spirit, ye are not under the law.

Gal 5:19 Now the works of the flesh are manifest, which are [these]; Adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lasciviousness,

Gal 5:20 Idolatry, witchcraft, hatred, variance, emulations, wrath, strife, seditions, heresies,

Gal 5:21 Envyings, murders, drunkenness, revellings, and such like: of the which I tell you before, as I have also told [you] in time past, that they which do such things shall not inherit the kingdom of God.

Gal 5:22 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith,

Gal 5:23 Meekness, temperance: against such there is no law.

Gal 5:24 And they that are Christ's have crucified the flesh with the affections and lusts.

Gal 5:25 If we live in the Spirit, let us also walk in the Spirit.

Gal 5:26 Let us not be desirous of vain glory, provoking one another, envying one another. [/b:f08910a4bb]

I never saw much good fruit of the Spirit in Ole's walk, nor HG's (his especially). Just arrogance, anger, antagonism, condescention, mean-spiritedness...just read your Bible and think for yourself. That's all I can say. Ole is not the only person in the universe who can rightly divide the Word. Little Bella has more understanding of the Scriptures in her little finger than Ole has in his whole body. In fact, he's about as far from a "biblical guru and tough guy" as the East as from the West. He's a modern-day Diotrephes and it's long past time he was exposed for who he [i:f08910a4bb]really[/i:f08910a4bb] is. Him and all his cronies. He's simply invented a doctrine that serves to gratify his sense of self-importance and entitlement and allows him to be in control of people, all in the name of "servanthood". Not servanthood under Jesus, servanthood under Ole.

[b:f08910a4bb]1Ti 2:5 For [there is] one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus;

1Ti 2:6 Who gave himself a ransom for all, to be testified in due time. [/b:f08910a4bb]

Who is TFI [i:f08910a4bb]really[/i:f08910a4bb] all about serving? Jesus or Ole? Who are [i:f08910a4bb]you[/i:f08910a4bb] really following?

Posted by: NathanA ()
Date: November 19, 2006 11:05AM

Okay, I feel I should communicate clearly what i mean when I said that I question if Wendy knows the Jesus who came to give his life a ransom for many. I cannot of course speak of salvation, but I mean that she does not seem to believe in a Jesus who demands that your life be a sacrifice without condition. That you can't nurse your victimhood or justify selfish anger. That is not the cross.

When I talk to those who have been sexually or physically abused, I understand that anger is a normal part of healing. I do not however nurture or feed those angry sentiments, because they become a destructive force. Rather we hope to lead people into grace and forgiveness. If they don't come to that, they risk becoming abusers themselves. You can justify all kinds of terrible behaviors if you will only see yourself as a victim.

Posted by: NathanA ()
Date: November 19, 2006 11:11AM

And Brian, as far as anyone attacking your character. It wouldn't seem necessary as your character is quite on display here.

Date: November 19, 2006 11:55AM

NathanA
And Brian, as far as anyone attacking your character. It wouldn't seem necessary as your character is quite on display here.

Welcome back, Nathan. And if my character is on display here, please tell me, what is that? Your comment about my character is ambiguous.

Look, my whole message here boils down to this: read the Bible, pray, and think for yourself using the Scripture as your guide. I pray that you come to a knowledge of the truth and that you continue to walk with Jesus. That's it. I've got this beam in my eye to pry out, so don't think I am throwing rocks. I never put anybody down. This is not a personal thing. Well, it is in the sense that TFI so revolves around the [i:538fe1c1a6]personality[/i:538fe1c1a6] of its leader. But I am not attcking your character is what I am saying. Kindly don't attack mine.

What Ole teaches is 1)unbiblical, 2)heretical, and 3)spiritual poison. If you read the Bible and thought for yourself you'd see that. Don't let him tell you what it means.

Date: November 19, 2006 12:11PM

NathanA
Okay, I feel I should communicate clearly what i mean when I said that I question if Wendy knows the Jesus who came to give his life a ransom for many. I cannot of course speak of salvation, but I mean that she does not seem to believe in a Jesus who demands that your life be a sacrifice without condition. That you can't nurse your victimhood or justify selfish anger. That is not the cross.

When I talk to those who have been sexually or physically abused, I understand that anger is a normal part of healing. I do not however nurture or feed those angry sentiments, because they become a destructive force. Rather we hope to lead people into grace and forgiveness. If they don't come to that, they risk becoming abusers themselves. You can justify all kinds of terrible behaviors if you will only see yourself as a victim.

It is all about accountability, Nathan. We are trying to hold Ole accountable for what he has done in abusing scores of people. To get past his double standard and not to justify treating people like dirt in the name of God and servanthood. That's it. He's so big on transparency and accountability. But he can't seem to hold himself to that very same standard. I am not a self-righteous, Bible-thumping hillbilly jerk. I am a person who studies the Bible frequently and refuses to be indoctrinated into believing some guy's opinion, no matter who he is. [b:4459ae1e07]It's about speaking out against abuse and abusers, not stone-throwing.[/b:4459ae1e07] I pray that Ole come to see this and am as concerned for his soul as I am for yours, Michelle's too. But I have my own salvation and walk with God to work out, so excuse me please while I go work on this beam some more....

Date: November 19, 2006 12:14PM

zeuszor
NathanA
What is muddled about my logic? All I am saying is that those of us who know the grace of God also know that we don't have rights, but that we offer up ourselves as living sacrifices. I am saying that that quote from Wendy's book disagrees with that theology.

Nathan, please explain to me IN YOUR OWN WORDS what the phrase "we don't have rights" means.

When I say we don't have any rights I mean that as a disciple of Christ, you no longer keep any right to yourself, even self-preservation. You are completely a vessel that belongs to God, to do his bidding alone.

Please restate that point in your own words. I get the image that Gary is standing over your shoulder, prompting you about what to say when in actuality, you don't have any idea what "you have no rights" really [i:6e920c214f]means[/i:6e920c214f]. Shoot, [i:6e920c214f]I[/i:6e920c214f] have no idea what that means. It sounds deep and profound, but in all reality it's about as shallow as a kiddie pool in terms
of giving an explanation about why Ole habitually treats people like dirt. He has contempt for anybody that's not as smart as he thinks he is. Here's Ole's version of Romans 9 in a nutshell:

[b:6e920c214f]
Vessel of mercy=anybody who agrees with Ole Anthony's point of view and is willing to follow his lead.

Vessel of wrath=anybody that does not agree with OA's opinions and is not willing to uncritically swallow whatever he says.
[/b:6e920c214f]
Here's a few more translations of TFI-isms for you:

[b:6e920c214f]
Antichrist mind=your mind when it is not conforming to OA's opinions and view of the world.

Pick up your cross, enter the rest, get on the mercy seat, just be=
"You brute beast. You have started thinking independantly and uncritically and must repent of your pride. You have a rebellious spirit. Let Ole be in charge. The only mind and senses we can trust are his!"[/b:6e920c214f]

Now, will you kindly answer my questions please?

Current Page: 36 of 110

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.