Current Page: 7 of 110
The Trinity Foundation of Dallas, Texas
Posted by: counselor47 ()
Date: August 04, 2006 07:54AM

Had to jump in here on this one, Zeuszor. I happen to know who Cultaware is, and I have to say that he is, indeed, grateful to God, instead of regretful. In fact, he is one of the best Christians I know (light years ahead of anyone who is still at Trinity Foundation), and he has been an instrumental part of the healing process for Wendy and me since our departure from that spiritually unhealthy place. :D

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: zeuszor ()
Date: August 04, 2006 02:14PM

I certainly meant no disrespect or anything. You have been instrumental to my exit.

Posted by: dwest ()
Date: August 04, 2006 03:21PM

I have found this thread interesting. At first, I must admit I brushed off the original poster as someone just pushing his wife's book. Then when he said there was too much to share and I'd have to buy the book I really brushed him off. But after reading this article, and hearing her story, along with several others that corroborated her story, I am opening my eyes.

It has been a good lesson in keeping an open mind.

Date: August 04, 2006 11:43PM

Thank you for that feedback, dwest. I guess I did come off like I was flogging the book pretty hard. However, in my own defense let me say that we had to start our own publishing company in order to publish this book and sink our own money into it. We are still a long way from selling enough books to break even, much less get rich. That does not matter, because our real interest is just in getting the truth out there, but I still feel the most effective means for that is for people to read the book. Neither Wendy or I care anything about making money off of this, but we are middle class people and it would be nice to get close to even on it. However, we knew at the outset that we would probably lose money and we chose to publish anyway. The only thing that really matters is the truth.

Posted by: Brad69 ()
Date: August 05, 2006 12:43AM

I have huge respect and admiration for your reasons behind publishing your story.

It's people like you that make a difference in fighting this epidemic.

I would like to support you by buying the book, but being based in South Africa I will have to go through the Internet. Where can I order it from?

Date: August 05, 2006 01:15AM

Thank you. You can order it through our website at www.dallascult.com

The ordering goes through PayPal, and it is perfectly secure.

Date: August 05, 2006 04:20AM

I have enourmous respect for you two also Doug. You were instrumental to my seeing through it all and therefore to my exit. If I have come across as a smartaleck on this board at times, (this is to Cultaware too) pardon me. I still live here (for now) even though I am a non-entity, a ghost. I am leaving soon (in a few days) and am grateful that I was only caught in the web for a few months, not twenty years. This all makes me very, very sad. Praise God for saving me from myself! After reading the Observer piece, I don't know if I can face the man ever again. If that stuff is factual, then what a hypocrite! I used to admire the man so much...I came here on purpose and wanted to help! Your counsel has been invaluable Doug and Wendy, more than I can say. Yes, I was in denial too, defending the indefensible. Feeling like I was doing a good thing defending TFI on this board. But the Observer article was really what did it, what ripped the curtain back to expose the plain little man behind the curtain, instead of The Great and Powerful Wizard he would have us see. The Observer article was the last straw. I expected it to be critical, yes, but what I read was damning. That's it. Cultaware, let's stay in touch, huh? My email address is zeuszor@hotmail.com.

Date: August 05, 2006 07:48AM

In a many dark hour
I've been thinkin' about this
That Jesus Christ
Was betrayed by a kiss
But I can't think for you
You'll have to decide
Whether Judas Iscariot
Had God on his side.

So now as I'm leavin'
I'm weary as Hell
The confusion I'm feelin'
Ain't no tongue can tell
The words fill my head
And fall to the floor
If God's on our side
He'll stop the next war.

-Bob Dylan

Posted by: dwest ()
Date: August 06, 2006 12:56AM

counselor47
Thank you for that feedback, dwest. I guess I did come off like I was flogging the book pretty hard. However, in my own defense let me say that we had to start our own publishing company in order to publish this book and sink our own money into it. We are still a long way from selling enough books to break even, much less get rich. That does not matter, because our real interest is just in getting the truth out there, but I still feel the most effective means for that is for people to read the book. Neither Wendy or I care anything about making money off of this, but we are middle class people and it would be nice to get close to even on it. However, we knew at the outset that we would probably lose money and we chose to publish anyway. The only thing that really matters is the truth.
I think part of it was the problem of not being able to hear your inclination when you type versus speak. What happened was when someone on the board asked for more info and you replied they could read the book. That is often a technique used by others to get one to buy a book that may or may not have real backup. Top that off with the RR interview in their publication and I think you can see why I was a bit cautious.

Now that the lenghty observer article is out, I see your point of view. I will be saving up to purchase your book and will be passing the name on to others who live in the Dallas area.

However, now that I have seen the Observer article I want this book on my shelf.

I am currently a struggling student or I'd have bought it by now, but I will be getting it eventually, never fear!

I am writing a thesis which I eventually hope to publish in book length form, so I understand the cost of getting your funds back.

Good luck!

Posted by: Christrian ()
Date: August 09, 2006 07:22AM

It's truly sad that these individuals would feel compelled to publish such rubbish. Ole Anthony is one of the few folks out there who (1) aren't looking to make a buck, (2) aren't on some sort of power trip, (3) aren't misrepresenting the Word of the Lord. Few Christians are willing to practice what they preach -- Ole Anthony is a blessing and we should be supporting his efforts not trying to tear them down.

Please understand, I have no doubt that this lady believes that she was abused and that the Trinity Foundation is a cult. I think it is interesting that she has already likely made more money off of her book proceeds that Ole Anthony has made in several years through his salary of $55 per week.

God bless this poor lady -- please help her work through her personal problems.

Current Page: 7 of 110

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.