Pages: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3
Sect of Santo Daime and Ayahuasca Tea
Posted by: solway ()
Date: May 30, 2006 11:25AM

Has anyone been involved in this group and/or left this group? Do you have any insight or information that you could share on this forum?

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: initiate ()
Date: May 31, 2006 02:34AM

The following link provides a lot of information about ayahuasca tea and a real audio report on a reporters experience with a shaman taking the tea -- scroll down to find.

The Journey of Ayahuasca Tea
by John Rieger
[you can Listen in RealAudio]
The search for spiritual enlightenment is a growing sector of modern travel There’s a new spiritual center developing in Iquitos, Peru. There, on the edge of the Peruvian Amazon jungle, a special sort of traveler is seeking out a powerful medicine made by the local shaman there. “Ayahuasca Tea” is a potent psychedelic that you drink under the guidance of a spiritual guide. Reporter John Rieger went in search of Ayahuasca, which is believed to heal broken souls.

[savvytraveler.publicradio.org]

Of the three women I have met who have indulged in this halucinogenic tea, none have fared well. Whether they were already unbalanced prior to the experience or whether the experience exacerbated a dormant problem or threw them over the edge completely; these chicks were nuts! Spiritually deluded and promiscuous young women with money to burn on "spiritual" experiences. It is a serious DRUG, period. "Guided" by shamans? "Heal" broken souls? or line the pockets of the tour guides and charletans! Stupid gringos!

Posted by: okkultist ()
Date: July 13, 2006 04:13AM

The ayahuasca tour guides might be ripping off their clients by offering a faux "jungle drug experience" for money, but participation in the Santo Daime cult itself is completely free.

The sacrament called [i:3b2a16f5ef]daime[/i:3b2a16f5ef] "gimme" because that's all it takes - the believer simply asks for the ayahuasca (=the sacrament) in church, and it is freely given. Apart from their views on the sacrament, their hymns and practices are generally Christian.

I have participated in such ayahuasca gatherings myself, and was struck by the formality and "christianity" of proceedings.

[www.santodaime.org]

Posted by: S_Byers666 ()
Date: December 05, 2006 07:22AM

The major discussion forum is at

http;//www.ayahuasca.com

and

[forums.ayahuasca.com]

Before embarking on an ayahuasca experince it is essential to research the organisation involved. Ayahuasca Tourism is big business.

Also it is essential that the group organising your experience is trust worthy. There are charlatans out there. There have been some very bad reports from organisations based in the USA. But also in the Nederlands, and U.K.

It is also good to have some ritual including the singing of icaros (songs) beforee, during and after the experience.

It is not a recreational drug, but a scacred medicine. It should be treated with all due reverence.

Involvement with Santo Daime is a safe way to experience the 'tea.'

Date: December 05, 2006 07:23AM

Sorry that should be [www.ayahuasca.com]

Date: December 05, 2006 07:33AM

I think that these organisations are OK:

www.ayahuasca-healing.net

www.santodaime.org

www.daime.net/beija_tour.html

yatra.yage.net/

www.daime.net/

www.wasiwaska.org/

www.ayahuasca-wasi.com

[pgorman.com]

www.ayahuayra.org

www.yanapuma.com

www.ayahuasca-shamanism.co.uk/index.html

[www.biopark.org]

www.bluemorphotours.com/

www.biopark.org/sprtqu3.html

barrioperu.terra.com.pe/takiwasi/ingles/index_i.htm

chancas.tripod.com/ayahuascaexpd.html

espanol.geocities.com/sonccowasi/

www.spiritjourney.net/

www.sacharuna.com/

www.shamanism.co.uk

www.a-keys.nl/ayahuasca

www.santodaime.nl

www.libertedusantodaime.fr.st

Date: December 05, 2006 07:35AM

I have heard bad reports from the below:

www.spiritgarden.co.uk

www.vodoushaman.com

www.the-awakening.net

[www.chinchilejo.yage.net]

www.heartoftheinitiate.com

www.theedgeofinfinity.com

Date: December 05, 2006 07:41AM

From a leaflet handed out before a recent session. NEVER take ayahuasca alone. ALWAYS have at least one sitter. It WILL make you purge so be prepared for that. Do NOT leave the premises until the effect has fully worn off.

==================

Ayahuasca

Set

1) Mind set is important and the way I do it is preparation. I avoid alcohol and sex 3 days before and after a journey and eat a vegetarian diet for a week before. Cut out processed foods of all kinds, and avoid salt and sugar. The day of the journey, I drink water only and journey at night.

2) I spend the day of the journey in low stress situations. I walk in the woods, meditate, etc. I avoid TV, Newspapers, the internet. Any media really.

3) I have a clear intention going into the journey. This helps me stay grounded while in the large dream space.

4) I make sure that my life is handled. Bills are paid, house is clean, dog is walked, oven is turned off etc. I make sure that all of my daily life concerns (as near as I can consciously figure) are handled. (Issues with partners, sitters, etc.)

5) I make sure that I do not need to drive anywhere and that my sitter is a responsible adult with a driver’s license in case an emergency should arise.

6) In short, making sure that you are safe and handled is important.

Setting

1) There are many people who do not dream in an urban setting or indoors. I dream in a suburban setting and indoors. There are a couple of things that I do to protect myself in this situation. I have a space in my home dedicated to journeying and meditation. In it, I have native South American art, Southwest North Native American Indian pottery and other objects that I use for meditation. This place is familiar, safe and clean for me. I do the appropriate smudging and clearing the space before dreaming. Again, all of this helps me to feel safe and handled.

The Journey Itself

1) I always have a sitter who has experience in these sorts of spaces and understands how to handle the specific problems that may arise. When finding a sitter, it is preferable to find someone who has experience. If your sitter is not a shaman or is not experienced with the medicine, make sure that she/he is sober. (No drugs (legal or illegal), alcohol or even the medicine.) and that you would trust them with your life (because you are) The reason for this is because if you do get into a hard place that you have someone who will keep you safe.

2) Having an opening ceremony is good. Prayers for protection and assistance during your journey as well as stating an intention for the experience is helpful. This helps my mind to keep grounded in the large journey space.

3) When taking the medicine, I dream of two separate drinks (caapi and admixture (chacruna, chaliponga, mhrb, etc.)) From a safety stand point, this allows me to gauge my tolerance a little easier as it is always different each time.

4) For beginners (and this is my usual dream dose as well) I dream of 30g of caapi and 30g chacruna/chaliponga or 10-20g of mhrb (I do not mix the two)

Do not take this all at once. Start with 15g of caapi and wait until the effect comes. After about 30-45 min. you’ll know whether you need more or not. Then add the admixture,15g chacruna/chaliponga (or if you’re using mhrb 5g to start with). Continue to add until you get to a desired state. Remember, you can always dream of more medicine, but you can’t take it out of you once it’s in.

5) I also have a ceremony for the next day as well as a way to have closure on the experience as well as something to look forward to when the journey does get difficult. Its kind of a way for me to understand that I will still be here the next day.

Be careful when dreaming. If you follow a routine (and this is mine) you will maximize your chances at a good and positive experience and minimize the risk of harm.

Posted by: zelig ()
Date: December 05, 2006 08:40AM

[b:400dfd0994]And be prepared to say goodbye to your sanity, because ya never know who will have a psychotic break! For those of you who like to play psychic Russian Roulette!

Are you people nuts!!???? There is a lot at stake here! You're gambling too much for too little. The cost/benefit just does not add up!

What we humans do for a buzz or a fake spiritual experience!!!!

FOLKS -- there is a good reason you HURL this stuff. You body has a higher wisdom and knows when shit is coming in that doesn't belong there!!!!!!!!![/b:400dfd0994]

Date: December 05, 2006 10:19PM

zelig
[b:2ec5016044]
FOLKS -- there is a good reason you HURL this stuff. You body has a higher wisdom and knows when shit is coming in that doesn't belong there!!!!!!!!![/b:2ec5016044]

Perhaps you also need to post this warning to the forums at www.ayahuasca.com ?

Pages: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.