John de Ruiter
Posted by: mollhackabout ()
Date: March 28, 2012 03:19AM

I lost some friends to the John de Ruiter cult a few years ago - anyone have any information about goings on in the Edmonton Oasis?

thanks

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: John de Ruiter
Posted by: swissalyst ()
Date: September 11, 2018 08:40PM

"Rod Slack Edmonton-based follower of John de Ruiter suicided last week."

[www.facebook.com]

If this report is true, it would be the third suicide in the John de Ruiter group, the first two being Bryan Beard in 1999 and Anina Hundsdoerfer in 2014.

[raymondparkerphoto.com]

[www.theglobeandmail.com]

Posted by: corboy ()
Date: September 11, 2018 09:03PM

[www.spiritualteachers.org]

This exchange in the comments section following the article:

Anna says:
February 26, 2017 at 8:45 pm
I have been attending johns seminars regularly for 2 years now am so grateful for the chance to be close to him and the group of people that follow his teaching – it is here I find meaning, learn, see and grow. I find his seminars infinitely helpful and very enlightening.

He speaks from a deeper place, and the level of truth he conveys both by spoken word and transmission is astounding. In countless occasions I have realized and known such love, as hat I have thought “I wish everyone could have the chance to experience this man”. I have seen countless people benefit on all levels by attending his seminars.

I am a mental health professional(What? - Corboy), (a psychologist) and can honestly say: this man is profoundly mentally healthy and pure in intention- I have seen him help
So many by inviting a shift in perspectve from a more ego- centered to a more heart-centered and mindful way of being in the world.

I see a man who is Actually contributing to the awakening of humanity. Instead of just indiscriminately posting your negative and judgemental responses on the internet, why not spend some time Really listening to what this man is Actually offering us.

Barbara says:
March 14, 2017 at 1:26 am
..and you Anna, “why not spend some time Really listening to” what…John’s first wife, his second Benita and his third, Katrina have to say about his ‘purity’.

How about listening carefully to what his latest ‘sexual conquests’, Debbie or Randi S. have recently been attempting to share with the public. Only to be ‘silenced’ very quickly on the JDR sites like Birds of Being because…nobody wants to know what’s going on under all that ‘goodness and purity’.

(COrboy: this resembles how persons attempting to make harm reports about Mooji are getting trolled and their posts removed on various venues.

swissanalyst wrote about this here:

[forum.culteducation.com] )

Or, for that matter asking or wanting to know what actually ‘happened’ to his student dear Anina before she went into the forest and so very suddenly…committed suicide.

But…you might say, well that’s all ‘par for the course’ in life and…’shit happens’. It’s a little odd and ‘coincidental’ though I think, that all this and likely far more has gone on within a short period of fifteen years or less. Not to mention him being married again, for the forth time now.

“Profound mental health and pure intention” as you describe John having and being, doesn’t usually manifest in ‘unexplained deaths’, constant legal battles, multi divorces, over accumulation of wealth or having multiple extra marital sexual relationships or and worst yet…lying about much of it.

j.R. (Name converted to initials for privacy - Corboy) says:
December 5, 2017 at 6:18 am
Book on de Ruiter, dark oasis: a self-made messiah unveiled, by jasun horsley, just came out

Tano says:
December 5, 2017 at 7:39 pm
Jasun Horsley left a very detailed and sincere account of his personal involvement with JDR and has written a book on the perils of cult enmeshment and the loss of own critical thinking abilities in the process. It can be found here:

[auticulture.wordpress.com]

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 09/11/2018 09:28PM by corboy.

Posted by: corboy ()
Date: September 11, 2018 09:17PM

Dark Oasis Jasun Horsley's memoir of his time with John de Ruiter

Online articles

[auticulture.wordpress.com]

Dark Oasis - the book

[www.amazon.com]

Corboy note:

I consider Dark Oasis to be a masterpiece. Relegating it to the catagory of cult expose would do it an injustice.

Dark Oasis combines biography (John de Ruiter), top quality investigative journalism, and memoir (the author).

Neither de Ruiter nor Horsley's voice dominates this narrative. Horsley gives ample space for current and former de Ruiter disciples, They speak vividly from the pages of Dark Oasis.

Seven years in the writing, Dark Oasis is Jasun Horsley's sincere attempt to make sense of John de Ruiter's charisma, his development as a guru, his social background and his methods of testing, influencing and controlling his followers.

Jasun Horsley is a thoughtful and sensitive writer. He spent 7 years researching and writing Dark Oasis and he took care to interview as many persons as possible.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 09/24/2018 09:46PM by corboy.

Posted by: shamrock ()
Date: January 24, 2023 04:53AM

Alberta spiritual leader John de Ruiter charged with four counts of sexual assault

[www.theglobeandmail.com]

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.