Major QAnon Influencer Reportedly Unmasked
Posted by: corboy ()
Date: June 16, 2021 10:21PM

Researchers say they have unmasked a major QAnon influencer

[thehill.com]

From the Logically website:

EXCLUSIVE: Documentary Filmmaker Who Collaborated with Jordan Sather Tied to Major QAnon Influencer Accounts

[www.logically.ai]

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 06/16/2021 10:26PM by corboy.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Major QAnon Influencer Reportedly Unmasked
Date: February 21, 2022 09:26PM

(Text of NY Times article followed by discussion on Reddit.)

Linguistic Detectives Find Fingerprints: Using machine learning, separate teams of computer scientists identified the same two men as likely authors of messages that fueled the viral movement.

(New York Times February 2022)

[www.reddit.com]

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 02/21/2022 09:32PM by corboy.

Conspiracy Theories Eventually Reveal Antisemitic Agenda
Date: March 05, 2022 12:18AM

Walking away

My dad has been in the Qanon rabbit hole for two years and since the invasion it looks like they switched their anti vaxx rhetoric for pro putin propaganda, ofcourse since every world event has to be part of the plan. My dad has just admitted to me what I’ve already knew for 2 years that their “plan” is to get rid of the evil jews that control our government and banks and that everything we know about Hitler is supposingly fake.

This confirms my suspicions about Qanon being nazi propaganda that serves an anti semetic agenda, and I decided to do what I should’ve done earlier and walk away from my family.

I hope this will give other people the strength to do the same or fight back against it, and for people who are still following the rabbit hole to open their eyes about what they have been supporting. You’re not alone and we’ll get there.

[www.reddit.com]

Salient Comments

hedbangr

The dirty secret of conspiracy theories is how many of them circle back to anti-Semitism. If you see the word globalist you're reading anti-Semitism in disguise.

TealCatto

Yep, pretty much all of them do. If we're being lied to and controlled, who's doing the controlling and lying? Let's just default to the classic "Jews run the world" trope and go with that.

UnplayableConundrum

Ugh I wish I could find the article to share, but basically it showed how qAnon is so pervasive because it is this very loose collection of all these separate conspiracy theories across the spectrum.

So on here you will have one person talking about how their loved one was all into antivaxx nonsense but they suddenly switched to anti jewish stance. It is why you have other people who say a loved one used to be a hippy who preached love and peace but also had a distrust of big pharma eventually end up talking about how lizard people (jewish people) are controlling us. Its all nonsense and frankly both saddening and frightening.

TealCatto

All conspiracy theories, even flat Earth, leads back to antisemitism. If we're being lied to, who's doing the lying? Why not the Jews, lol.

My daughter was in a Jewish class and some parents were anti mask and vax and started ranting in the class group text, spouting qanon crap. I told them that the people whose ideas they're worshipping want us dead. Of course they don't care about facts. I switched daughter to a different school.

mabelle13

Yes, according to EVERY conspiracy theory since the first ones in the industrial age the jews are what we should fear. It is horrifying. They use dog whistle terms like globalist, the Illuminati, the world banks and liberal Hollywood and even the term coastal elite. All of this BS is because of racism.

Jews, gays, black people. Basically everyone that differs from the traditional white family is a threat to humanity according to these people. These beliefs are dangerous.

That’s a brave and hard thing to do. I’m proud of you. Need a substitute mom? My inbox is I open. (Idk how old you are, maybe I’d be more like a big sister. But you aren’t alone!)

Haha I’m 25 and I appreciate it. Trust me it is, I still love and care about them and I wish I didn’t have to but my dad doesn’t seem to be willing to change anytime soon so it’s my only option.

No-Improvement3391

Yes definitely it’s that way with my Qrelative. She is/was Jewish and a Democrat. She’s now a QTrumper who said the Jews went to the trains willingly because they loved Hitler. (Of course not mentioning the fact that guns were pointed at them while their children were pulled from them)

froglover215

I'll admit I've never seen that take before (Jews going to the trains willingly out of a love for Hitler). And here I was thinking nothing they claim could surprise me anymore!

No-Improvement3391

Exactly! I actually looked up to see where she got that and it’s definitely a Q thing —same exact words she used.

No-Improvement3391

I was pretty shocked when that was run by me…

Former-Drink209

This is deeply disturbing. I have no words.

GoodLuckBart

Sending good thoughts your way. I was just reading about an experiment called the Three Christs of Ypsilanti. This was back in the 1950s when doctors could do a lot of experiments we would not do today. Anyway, three men who all said they were Christ were sent to live together. Apparently none of them quit believing grandiose things about themselves, but instead continued to interpret facts and circumstances according to the beliefs to which they were already committed. I guess what I’m trying to say is, twisting facts to fit one’s beliefs is as old as the hills. There’s really nothing you can do except take care of yourself. Peace friend.

QAnon the Addiction With It's Own Social Support
Date: July 07, 2022 10:03PM

From a discussion on subreddit QAnon Casualties:

People often confuse the “right” thing to do with the “nice” thing to do.

I used to compare Qa with addiction, but that’s false because addiction has a bottom, a point when nobody wants anything to do with you at any level. But with Q, your father will never truly feel alone because he’ll have the rest of the Kool-aid drinkers, so he’ll likely never hit that bottom and try to reconcile.

You’ve done the right thing for your kids and yourself. Part of being a parent is protecting their impressionable minds from toxic ideologies; not only would your fathers health be an undue burden on them, but he would surely be spewing his garbage the whole time and trying to indoctrinate your children.

Be strong and remember: The only familial obligation you have is to your children.

Re: QAnon the Addiction With It's Own Social Support
Date: November 29, 2022 08:30PM

[www.reddit.com]

10 Things I Hate About You: How Q Anon Took My Sister

My sister used to be a liberal as recently as 2016. She got an art degree. She experimented with stripping in college as a feminist act. She used to love people regardless of color.

But it only took 6 years to change her. Shitty social media, people who know how to prey on her anxiety, take advantage of her neurodiversity, and weedle results out of her low self-esteem, that's all it took. It took 10 steps.

Step 1: Sell fear and distrust as a remedy for health anxieties. Her partner encourages her to get into homeopathic remedies, including crystal healing, oil pulling, smoking tons of weed, and other internet cures.

Step 2. Use that subtle distrust against government and civil devices. She begins to latch on to conspiracies that are mostly health related - chem trails are poisonous, radio waves are cancerous, salt crystal lamps clean your wifi of negative ions, manifestation, etc.

Step 3. Weaponize fear. Around the pandemic, she is nearly assaulted by a man on the train. This amplifies her anxiety. She is afraid all the time. She buys the biggest pepper spray keychain I have ever seen. She starts to talk about learning how to shoot. She wants someone to buy her a bow and arrow for xmas. When dad says he won't, she says "Don't worry, I will find some other way to get one".

Step 4. Separate her from her community and family by leveraging her growing distrust. The pandemic hits, and she is anti-mask. She starts up a convo about Fauci on her birthday that I mistook as a genuine question about why it took so long to make the mask recommendation happen when he first was against it. I start to answer in a conversational way and she runs across a road to avoid talking to me. She begins to arrange mid-pandemic birthday parties which she never used to care about and guilt me for skipping holidays by saying our dad might die before the next one happens. I refuse to attend, and consider never going to family birthdays she is organizing again.

Step 5. Preach the gospel at any cost. Family members start informing me of alt-right talking points she has been sharing. She believes Donald Trump is a genius who, along with Ghislane, is busting a child sex ring run by democrats. She starts sending me videos of god knows what, which I pretend I watched, and I try to ask her questions to lead her out of her delusions. That was a terrible idea. I learn that she believes that the world is degrading and only those who know the "truth" are able to understand that we are at the lowest point in human history, a shift will happen, and some day we will be delivered. Or something. I express shock and pity. She rightfully got pissed at me. She starts making her own videos and posting them to instagram. She spends a lot of time on her phone, or in her room now.

Step 6. Convince her she doesn't need help. Dad tells me they have had convos about her going to therapy and she expresses interest, but ultimately does not do it.

Step 7. Create a "them vs. you" mentality, because if they don't agree they are harming you. She's anti-vax. She starts to date right-wing Q anon men she finds online. She tells everybody in the family that she won't talk to them if they get vaxxed. She stops talking to our mom for about a week after mom gets one. She gets in a text argument with me where she calls me a "useful idiot".

Step 8. Lower their ambition to leave the community by convincing them they are undesirable without it. She has a brief crisis where she believes she is infertile because she slept with a vaxxed guy, but she stays with him because he owns a gun store. After breaking up, she begins to surround herself with virtual friends and dates only if they share "her beliefs". She says that she is desperate to find a man and have a baby because that is her value as a woman.

Step 9. Turn her self-doubt and insecurities into hate for non-supporters. Her opinions have gone all the way down the Q hole. She now does not want to have kids, but feels guilty because her "genes are so good she is morally obligated to pass them on". I didn't think this was racist until mom mentioned she "now hates black people, and especially gay people" even though she dated two black men within the last year. Now I suspect it's something to do with her promoting the white race or some shit.

Step 10. Profit?

We were never close. We had a really difficult childhood that pitted us against each other, completely different interests, and clashing pride. I never expected to be her best friend, but now I'm wondering if I can even call myself her sister. I am waiting for the day she decides my interracial marriage is "a sin". I am waiting for the day she hurts my dad, or a stranger, or herself. She does not trust me, or anyone else in the family. We do not trust her. My oldest sister has already decided not to talk to her after she came out as a Trump supporter last election. I am unable to reel her back, and have considered cancelling social engagements she is invited to. My parents are enabling and protecting her, because they believe she will go no-contact with them, or something worse might happen to her.

Every day I ask myself if this is the day I will admit that I am not a good enough person to love her anymore.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.