Hillsong
Posted by: cultreporter ()
Date: August 01, 2007 06:17AM

This article was on A Current Affair in Australia last night.

[aca.ninemsn.com.au]

There was also this excellent article by a former member in The Bulletin magazine in March this year which has come up online including an excerpt from a book by a former member that the publishers backed out of the deal because it was too controversial for them.

[www.cifs.org.au]

I had a friend who became a minister with another evangelical church, typical charismatics when he took me there, they were very into fostering children and welfare activities, giving interest free loans to the congregation etc. When he finished his studies he went to Hillsong because it was apparently better. They are unapologetically into $$ and have a very casual attitude towards sex from what little I have seen. The pastor is an American - are they active in other countries?

Anyone have any personal experience?

Options: ReplyQuote
Hillsong
Posted by: cultreporter ()
Date: August 20, 2007 09:55AM

Article in the Sunday Telegraph (Sydney Australia) yesterday regarding how Hillsong has bought prime advertising space during Australian Idol.

One of the judges has already noted how many of the contestants seem to be religious. The series has just started, last night there was some very over the top preaching by a contestant that was not eliminated encouraged by the judge Marcia Hines who according to this article was a member of the church Hillsong is derived from when she was a child. A former winner Guy Sebastian who was very over the top preachy was also a member of this church.

Considering the example set by other cults in attempting to target young people and cultivate a contemporary image it would appear that Hillsong is seeking to use this program to promote their beliefs and attract new followers.

Quick Google : :o

Is There a Christian Voting Block Behind Australian Idol?

[www.theage.com.au]

Re: Hillsong
Posted by: Sahara71 ()
Date: September 22, 2021 03:50PM

I'm posting on this old thread because there has been some renewed interest in the activities of Hillsong Church in Australia. The current affairs program "60 Minutes" has just done an expose on this church - with allegations that two women were sexually assaulted/ indecently assaulted while the church turned a blind eye.

[9now.nine.com.au]

There is a lot of information about Hillsong already on CEI here: [www.culteducation.com]

The Australian Prime Minister has links to this church and is reportedly friends with their leader, one Brian Houston.
I'm very interested to hear anyone with personal experience of this church, if you would feel comfortable to share your story here. Thanks.

Re: Hillsong
Posted by: shamrock ()
Date: September 25, 2021 07:10AM

Sahara71 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> The current affairs
> program "60 Minutes" has just done an
> expose on this church - with allegations that two
> women were sexually assaulted/ indecently
> assaulted while the church turned a blind eye.
>
> [9now.nine.com.au]

If anyone gets a message, "This video is restricted from playing in your current geographic region," you can watch it on YouTube at [www.youtube.com].

That video concerns Jason Mays, son of Hillsong's HR chief.

Another YouTube concerns allegations against Carl Lentz, the Hillsong head in New York. He is the one Justin Bieber was buddies with.

Yet another YouTube from 60 Minutes Australia concerns the Hillsong's founder's father.

When you see all these incidents, it make you wonder if they are somehow connected.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/25/2021 07:11AM by shamrock.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.