Krishna Consciousness: Do not fall into the fear, control and manipulation traps!
Posted by: Truth wins ()
Date: April 20, 2021 11:50PM

About a year ago, I never thought that I would be on a cult education forum exposing a group that I could not let go of enotionally.
However I was driven to enter the battle and stand up for those who are silently as well as those who are attracted to the process.
It is my duty to share my personal journey so that others do not fall in the same holes.
I was raised in a rather toxic family dynamics. I was a very empathic child and my exposure to trauma and emotional abuse, made me the perfect candidate to fall dor fear and manipulation. I had almost zero self esteem and self acceptance.
I was looking for solace from my mind (whivh had been shattered by the trauma, neglect....) And also wanting to get closer to God.
I believ 100 percent in the mantras and the teachings of the Vedas in general felt more deep than other scripture and helped me understand my senses, the ego....
I would never completely trash the guru because his teachings also helped me in many ways.
However the problem is that when you enter any spiritual community, it is like they call it themselves a mental hospital. Everybody is carrying their own baggage. You must put up with people you would have never chosen as friends just because they are interested in the same path and the same guru.
I am going to go straight to the point of the DANGERS one must be aware of on the path.

HUMILITY AND TOLERANCE

*When you chant the Maha Mantra and follow the philosophy, you become much more tolerant. If you your boundaries are weak, alpha dogs will try to dominate you all the time in the group. And you will easily become the humble doormat. Those beautiful qualities make one too vulnerable in a pack of wolves.

*ABUSE

Abuse is normalized because they say that it is chastisement and that it is suposed to chip away your false ego in order to uncover your true identity:
Eternal servant of God. My so called guru gave himself permission himself to treat people like dirt just because he was supposedly an expert spiritual false ego surgeon.
Everybody thought he was funny and cute. Total free pass to excuse a narcissist.
Also in order to turn you into a very obedient servant, they can ban you for months or years. Just because you stand up for your rights or justice.
They call it being in the dog house. And I have heard many disciples humbly say
“I am in the dog house”
These sick methods will break you more and destroy your psyche. Giving abusive gurus and disciples more control over you.
A few people have commited suicide under the extreme mental pressures.

FEAR OF OFFENSES AND DOING THE WRONG THINGS(ESPECIALLY THE ELEPHANT OFFENSE AKA OFFENSE AGAINST THE GURU)

* Now this one is the number one tool of control. You constantly walk on eggsheslls. It feels like big brother is watching you 24/7.
Even though I have been away for 13 years, I still feel that they are watching me!
You must aleays be careful what you say, how you say it, to whom you say it.
If a disciple is abusive you cannot fight back or else they will throw you out. Also even if they are abusive, you cannot be offensive toward that person because it will ruin your spiritual life. The guru is off limits. Forget about doubting him or if you ever say something negative about him, pack your bags and wear a bullet proof jacket. If you thought Catholic religion is fear based, think again!
They can smell people like me from a mile. Those who can be easily be manipulated through fear and they will use it against you.

FREE LABOR TO GURU IN THE NAME OF DEVOTIONAL SERVICE

*Our guru has built a mini empire off the free time and talents of the devotees. His projects are supposed to elevate humanity. However these are businesses that make lots of money. People babysit, clean houses, work regulat jobs to make sustain their bodies. Then they must put hours, be sleep deprived to work on the money making businesses. This way they save millions in salaries per year.
Also the direct service (cooking, cleaning... for the guru).
When te guru has a few disorders going on, it can get very destructive for the devotees that serve him. Serving a Howard Hughes style guru is like entering a sciense fiction realm.
Many phony gurus are using devotees making them believe that by serving them, they are serving God. This is true when your spiritual master is genuine, kind and a simple Saintly man.

SLAVE TO LOVE
* Finally what keeps you in this hell hole is your affection for God and the relationship you have with him. As well as the dependence on others to have congregatiinal chanting with other devotees.
Love and loyalty to the guru whom you see as the perfect medium. The so called boatman who will get you to the spiritual realm. And all austerities are glorified because the more austere you are, the closer you get to God.

So this is a very nutshell version of how people get trapped in this process.
They use God, powerful mantras and scripture to hold souls prisoners.
Once you are in, it is very hard to get out.
PLEASE I am begging you to be careful and share this information with anybody who is struggling.
Anybody can have a personal relation with God. If you cannot find a fewr free, loving community, just do it ALONE.

PROTECT YOUR SOUL, YOUR LIFE, YOUR MIND!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Krishna Consciousness: Do not fall into the fear, control and manipulation traps!
Posted by: corboy ()
Date: April 22, 2021 07:58AM

Truth wins, what you wrote here is something I've endured.

.When you chant the Maha Mantra and follow the philosophy, you become much more tolerant. If you your boundaries are weak, alpha dogs will try to dominate you all the time in the group. And you will easily become the humble doormat. Those beautiful qualities make one too vulnerable in a pack of wolves.

I was in a Judeo Christian tradition and lived through exactly this.

When you're in this predicament, you're like a wounded swimmer bleeding into the water. Sharks and piranhas home in on you.

This such a dreadful situation for those of us who grew up in the role of giving emotional succor to narcissistic caregivers. Living through childhood in this role leads us to grow up with poor boundaries.

If we seek spiritual training (or are forced into it by controlling families) this erodes boundaries yet further -- and our vulnerability is scented by potential predators. These types have subtle ways to test and probe boundaries and rapidly identify those of us unable to assert ourselves because we were not taught this earlier in life.

The horror gets worse when we attract predation and are told it's our karma, or God sends afflictions to those he loves, or our energy attracts these brutes.

Ugh!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/22/2021 10:53AM by corboy.

Re: Krishna Consciousness: Do not fall into the fear, control and manipulation traps!
Posted by: Truth wins ()
Date: April 22, 2021 10:12AM

Corboy, I am sorry for anybody who endures this non sense.
It makes you lose faith at times.
Healing is a long journey but all these experiences teaches us to rebuild a more solid version of ourselves.
This realm is very predatory in general. I believe some of us have a different soul quality.
If you ever feel like it send me a PM. I have deeper theories on why we are targeted.

Posted by: facet ()
Date: April 29, 2021 01:13AM

I have deeper theories on why we are targeted.

I am interested in hearing your theories, please share them if you wish.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.