Jehovah’s Witnesses Handwritten Letters
Posted by: facet ()
Date: January 24, 2021 08:12PM

Jehovah’s Witnesses are a cult that knows no boundaries, and during the covid pandemic they know how to strike the public during a time of extreme vulnerability and distress for many, this time through the writing and sending of unsolicited letters.

A few random found links where people discuss letters received:

[twitter.com]

[www.reddit.com]

Some people see letters received as the act of positive kindness that Jehovah’s Witness state it is at the start of the letter, rather than a boundary violation and manipulative behaviour.

It is clear that the following Jehovahs Witness handwritten letter transcript is an attempt at questioning (before eventually discrediting) science in favour of Jehovah’s Witnesses beliefs during a time when the general public need the guidance of science most.

The letter gets straight to the point in manipulating thought about wether science is “enough”.

Dear Sir / Madam, Myself and my family have been writing to many in our neighbourhood to share the same positive thoughts and information from the bible. I have been asking the question, does the answer to mankind’s problems lie within science or god? What do you think? Mankind seem to be pinning their hopes on science. I’m sure that you will agree that we are all so grateful to science and all that it has accomplished, especially with regards to covid, but is it enough? The bible directs us to gods kingdom and talks about how it solves mankind’s troubles. Revelation chapter 21 verse 4 tells us - “and he will wipe out every tear from their eyes, and death will be no more, neither will mourning or outcry or pain be anymore. The former things have passed away”. For further information or any other questions you might have regarding the bible, please visit jw.org or feel free to write back via the address above or email. Stay safe, kind regards, _______.

Letters are accompanied by a slim pamphlet with the usual animated illustrations of “paradise” where teenagers are in a state of happiness whilst pulling carrots up out of the ground before handing them to an adult, and animals such as lions and tigers are standing around in (I’d guess vegetarian) harmony with all other beings.

Have you received a handwritten letter from Jehovah’s Witness Kingdom Hall?

Do share.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 01/24/2021 08:23PM by facet.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Jehovah’s Witnesses Handwritten Letters
Date: January 24, 2021 09:33PM

And they are apparently going to people in databases because I can’t imagine how else this letter would have found its way to our business address.

https://franklycurious.com/wp/2020/09/04/jw-letter/

Jehovah’s Witnesses keep their own database (apparently called “territorial” maps) of surrounding area addresses, contacting the most local Kingdom Halls is the only current way of opting out and through experience, not guaranteed.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/24/2021 09:52PM by facet.

Date: February 01, 2021 07:33AM

Here is another example:

Witnessing Is Nonsense Many years ago, I read an article by Bible scholar Robert M Price about this idea that all Christians should be out witnessing to the rest of us. He argued that the books that make up the Bible were meant for the priest class. So when the Bible talks about witnessing, it means the priests, not the ordinary followers. I think it is horrible that any group does this. And it is only because we are all extra gentle to religious people that we don’t meet them on the porch with our guns. What they are doing is not just useless; it is rude.

[franklycurious.com]

Date: February 05, 2021 07:59PM

Here’s the official “sample letter” and guidance given on jw.org

[www.jw.org]

“Use your own return address. If you feel that it would be unwise to give your own address, you may use the Kingdom Hall address if the elders give you permission to do so. However, you should NEVER use the address of the branch office as your return address.

Use the person’s name if you know it. This will avoid giving the impression that the letter is a commercial advertisement.

Give attention to proper spelling, grammar, and punctuation. The letter should look neat, not messy. If it is handwritten, it should be easy to read. The wording should be neither too casual nor too formal.”

Another link back to 2015, where a local obituary was used to target grieving persons with letters and literature.

[www.actionnewsjax.com]

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.