Current Page: 3 of 5
Re: ISKCON: 40 years of pedophilia going strong
Posted by: XKRISHNA ()
Date: April 24, 2023 11:57PM

"b. Leaders should not be allowed to defend or promote individuals who have been judged to have been involved in child maltreatment, nor prioritise the reputation of the institution above the welfare of a child, as has been attempted (and of course failed) in the past. The GBC must receive training on the appropriate management of these issues and negative global impact on the institution in failing to put the interests of children first."

[krishna1008.blogspot.com]

"6. Conclusion

Running schools is serious business. When schools struggle with resources (financial, personnel or other), safeguarding can suffer. Any school – new or existing – should be able to evidence a clear approach to resource planning. This includes funding to secure the CPO and School Inspectorate functions, in addition to insurances or other ‘sinking fund’ mechanisms to cover victim support. This might come from the local ISKCON centre or leader that decides to subsidise a school affiliated to ISKCON, or it might come from the school itself. Either way, the GBC should set schools up for success and that means accepting the significant financial and managerial resources burden that comes with that.

If that is not possible, the GBC should start the process of closing down ISKCON schools that cannot evidence set standards of safeguarding excellence."

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 04/25/2023 12:09AM by XKRISHNA.

Options: ReplyQuote
Date: April 25, 2023 12:42AM

This letter was delivered to the GBC on Rama Navami. The Executive Committee has followed up with the letter authors and many signatories. We are hopeful that the ensuing dialogue might result in earnest efforts to build/restore trust - and have the GBC operating as Srila Prabhupada would have hoped - in a principle-centred fashion and with the support and blessings of the entire Vaisnava community.

[docs.google.com]

"Many ISKCON members are floundering in the haze of legitimate criticism regarding the GBC’s abject failure to protect the devotees under its care. Whether the future regards the present confusion as evidence of iniquity in ISKCON’s leadership or the understandable growing pains of its volatile formative years will depend on how the GBC addresses these concerns.

Along with offering urgently required healing to the devotee society by admitting dereliction, your resignation would be a significant step towards establishing healthy leadership and succession dynamics in ISKCON. It will also allow the next generation to assume leadership roles while seasoned elders are still present to support them in times of challenge and uncertainty.

The Srimad Bhagavatam itself manifested from a great leader accepting dramatic penance for a relatively innocent mistake. Yet see how the Lord reciprocated. Pariksit’s history is a universal success story born of his penitence.

What miracles might Krishna be moved to manifest if the GBC displayed such sincerity now? How valuable a message would it give to future generations of leaders if this inevitable change of guard came not by the force of time but by your sacrifice in the mood of serving Srila Prabhupada’s devotees?

As firm well wishers of the GBC, whose strength and integrity are so critical to ISKCON’s welfare, we ask that you protect our society with a profound example of accountable leadership rooted in humility. Pray step down and, in so doing, rise to the occasion of this pivotal moment."

Re: Spring is here ISKCON recruiters will greet you
Posted by: rrmoderator ()
Date: April 25, 2023 12:43AM

XKrishna,

Please stop going on and on lecturing everyone.

This thread is not to be dominated by an single person.

If you continue you will be banned from the board.

Date: April 25, 2023 02:14AM

OK, Rick, I understand and will back off.

It's just that I do not like it when somebody wanders in and starts trying to tell us what "the main issue" is, and in so doing distracts from the focus of the thread. Especially when the person doing the distracting is not even a former member of ISKCON.

I'll shut up myself now, and I bid you all a good week.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 04/25/2023 02:15AM by XKRISHNA.

Date: April 26, 2023 08:03AM

"MATTERS OF PRINCIPLE" Facebook group for discussion of GBC reform:

[www.facebook.com]

Posted by: Truth wins ()
Date: April 26, 2023 10:35AM

Nice to see you again whirliwind under a different user name. Please do not play alpha dog with me. I am not really in the mood for that stuff. Let Rick decide to chastize the members. I am giving you a very gentle warning. Get off my back.

Date: April 26, 2023 10:47AM

And I do not need to be an ex Iskcon member to see what a horrible insitution it is. My comment is not so off. Devotees can very well stand for injustices. I will let you educate everybody on Isckon. I had no intention of rambling. Do not worry. I am sick of arguing with total strangers on the bet anyway. To hell with Krishna consciousness. Have a wonderful week.

Date: April 27, 2023 01:17AM

This thread is not about me, and I am not here to talk about myself nor (very much) my opinions about things.

I am here to talk about how, at its highest levels of international management and "leadership," ISKCON is little more than a well-organized and well-funded pedophile ring that makes the Vatican look like a bunch of amateurs (in my opinion).

I'm here to talk about what happened to Vedasara and all the other gurukula victims.

Wow. Vedasara was beaten and sexually abused as a child, and he is now dying from brain tumors -- that may likely be related to those beatings. In addition, he has suffered a lifetime of bowel problems because he was raped by members of the Bhakti Vikas swami "guru" program in Mayapur.

See the RELATED story below -- of a mother who found out her two boys had been sodomized in Mayapur, and then she could not find any help there -- despite pounding on many leader's doors. Evidently, no one listened, no one cared.

And these victims are currently "milking victimhood for personal gain." Vedasara is dying, what does he gain from telling the truth? Victims of child abuse are "milking victimhood"? How much worse can it get?

[krishna1008.blogspot.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/27/2023 01:30AM by XKRISHNA.

Date: April 27, 2023 03:06AM

As long as you keep your blunt opinions to yourself, I don’t care what you talk about.
Just know that this was the absolute last time you ever take the liberty to attack me perosonally.
This is all I have to say. And the last time I say it.

Date: April 27, 2023 03:13AM

Truth Wins, I cannot attack you personally, since I don't know you or anything much about you. I don't even know if you are a man or a woman.

All I know about you is that you are a former member of Chris Butler's cult.

I am here to talk about how, at its highest levels of international management and "leadership," ISKCON is little more than a well-organized and well-funded pedophile ring that makes the Vatican look like a bunch of amateurs (in my opinion).

I'm here to talk about what happened to Vedasara and all the other gurukula victims.

I AM NOT here to be part of your support group. You are taking all of this very personally, and I don't think you should. I don't know you, nor you me. I certainly don't take any of this personally.

Now, can we pretty please get back to talking about pedophiles in ISKCON?

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 04/27/2023 03:16AM by XKRISHNA.

Current Page: 3 of 5

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.