Posted by: XKRISHNA ()
Date: April 22, 2023 05:02AM

Just leaving this here...

[drive.google.com]

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: ISKCON: 40 years of pedophilia going strong
Date: April 22, 2023 08:55AM

Just to make things clear: this is from an official ISKCON News website. ISKCON itself has released this.

[iskconnews.org]

Spring is here ISKCON recruiters will greet you
Posted by: corboy ()
Date: April 22, 2023 08:30PM

Spring sunshine is here.

Wherever there's a crowd ISKCON will be there to greet you.

Meditation Yoga

Free books tied together with blue ribbons.

Yoga and meditation are the marketing hooks the ISKCON recruiter will invoke to draw you in.

The street recruiters are not yet burned out.Anemic carbohydrate bellied older ISKCON devotees are kept our of sight of potential recruits like you.

You won't be told what devotee and volunteer work behind the scenes looks like.

ISKCON is not actually yoga as most of us understand the word.

Hare Krishna yoga is what old man Orabhupada called karma yoga -- donated labor from you.

Tax free no need for payroll or an HR department.

Sweat equity. You are a valuable commodity if ISKCON recruits you.

You're female?

You are an incubator for producing Krishna babies.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/22/2023 08:37PM by corboy.

Date: April 22, 2023 11:54PM

No offense, corboy, but your understanding of the situation is based on a dated understanding of how ISKCON works, internally. It's not a temple-based organization anymore and has not been in years. It's a congregationally-based organization, at least in North America.

The (ISKCON) Hare Krsnas I know, are not so much interested in "recruiting" anybody anymore. That is, they're not interested in recruiting anybody other than wealthy Indian Hindu immigrants who might make large donations. Even then, the wealthy Hindus who are "recruited" own and live in their own homes and depend on the temples for nothing.

My local temple does not have an ashram, and nobody lives in it, not even pujaris.

They're not hitting the streets on harinam and recruiting kids who they can get back to the temple so they can shave them up, anymore. The old days are over. This is 2023, not 1973.

I just laugh when I read things about how the Hare Krsnas are trying to "recruit" the kids off the streets of major cities in North America, as if we are living fifty years in the past.

Recruit them to what? Becoming repeat customers at the temple restaurants? Being donors to the planetarium? For the most part there's nothing to recruit anybody TO, at least not anymore. :-)

Yeah, you'll see devotees out chanting on the streets sometimes but they're not trying to "recruit" you. They're not trying to get people to move into a temple and shave up, because most temples in North America will not just allow people to move in anymore. So there's nothing much to "recruit" anybody TO.

ISKCON North America is pretty much a Hindu cult now; they don't really like hippies anymore. They don't want to "recruit" hippie types anymore, frankly.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/22/2023 11:56PM by XKRISHNA.

Date: April 23, 2023 12:32AM

PS: Yes, there is the "Krishna House" program, but from what I can see this is mostly a retention program for kids who were born into ISKCON.

They just expanded this program, not long ago.

Most of the devotees who are involved in running this are people who were born and raised Hare Krsnas.

[www.dandavats.com]

The Krishna House Dallas ashram recently opened in East Dallas, across the street from the Sri Sri Radha Kalachandji temple. The ashram is following the successful formula of Krishna House Gainesville, which is renowned for bringing hundreds of people to Krishna Consciousness through its warm and accommodating mood. The Krishna House Dallas ashram is a co-ed ashram that provides a live-in experience for those who want to practice Bhakti. To live in the Krishna House you can be working or studying while paying some tuition, or you can be a full-time resident and be engaged in services like book distribution, restaurant services, temple cleaning, etc. For all residents, both paying tuition and for full-time residents the morning program (starting at 5:45 am) is mandatory. This ashram experience proves to be invaluable for the long-term practice of Krishna Consciousness.

The Krishna House has new facilities, and can eventually house up to 18 devotees in both the men’s and women’s ashram. The Krishna House curriculum has a morning Bhagavatam class as well as a Bhakti Sastri course 4 days a week. Students can learn kirtan, cooking, sastra, and more! Starting this week the new Bhakti Booster program allows individuals to have a two-week immersion in ashram life!

Date: April 24, 2023 01:25AM

ISKCON is international and right now child abuse is an international topic in ISKCON. Journalists can answer questions like:

-Why did ISKCON ban Lokanath on two continents but not the others?

-Why was Anirdesya Vapu supported by leaders for so long?

-Why are child protection activists in the U.S. and Australia being sued by a sitting ISKCON guru?

-What kind of religion says that it's a horrible and unforgivable sin to eat a cheeseburger, but that sodomizing children can be forgivable as long as you make lots of money and do lots of work for the religious organization? Would a credible and trustworthy religious organization tolerate such a thing as gross child abuse of that nature?

Windle Turley (Google that name) was asked to compare the abuse and the response by the Krishnas and the Catholics. He said, "The Hare Krishnas are far more vicious in what happened to the children. The Roman Catholics are far more sophisticated in handling litigation, and no one is as good at concealment as the Catholics.”

[groups.google.com]

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 04/24/2023 01:27AM by XKRISHNA.

Posted by: Truth wins ()
Date: April 24, 2023 06:57AM

The problem is that so called devotees are to bust bowing down and blissing out in order to battle the demons within the institutions.
Because the greatest demons are they gurus who sit on the chair.
They are too blind to see and THY SHALL NOT JUDGE other devotees or commit offenses.
Thy shall never question guru even if he is an abuser.
Dsicernment is not encouraged snd peoole live in fear of offenses 24/7.
This is the main issue.
And it is time dor devotees to grow up and get up instead of falling on the ground like a peeosn who has lost consciousness.
It is time to stand up to abuse. Any kind of abuse. Not just the abominable ones such as sex with kids.
Absuing and using other devotees…
Everything passes in that institution.

Date: April 24, 2023 07:43AM

Let's stick to talking about child protection in ISKCON, shall we, instead of talking about your opinions with respect to what is wrong with ISKCON (which you're not even an ex-member of).

No, Truth Wins, THIS is the main issue: certain people who are in "leadership" positions in ISKCON, have prioritized the preservation of their own positions and the reputation of the institution, over the safety of the children.

THIS is the main issue, according to the CPO report that was released the other day. Did you even read it?!

[drive.google.com]

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 04/24/2023 07:45AM by XKRISHNA.

Date: April 24, 2023 07:58AM

Truth wins, I have to be blunt with you now:

I really wish you would not ramble all over this thread the way you ramble all over the Butler thread. I've been watching you do that for a long time, and I wish you would not do that here.

I'm trying to get information to people who want and need it, and I don't need you distracting from the focus of this thread by seeking to be the focus yourself.

Don't tell me what the main issue is. I'll tell you what it is. I am the one who started this thread, and I don't want you distracting from what I am trying to focus like a laser on.

THIS is the main issue: certain people who are in "leadership" positions in ISKCON, have prioritized the preservation of their own positions and the reputation of the institution, over the safety of the children.

Thank you for understanding.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 04/24/2023 08:00AM by XKRISHNA.

Date: April 24, 2023 08:59AM

I am the one who started this thread, and I don't want you distracting from what I am trying to focus like a laser on.

OK, OK, technically Forrest started this thread, not me.

But I still say that I started it, in a sense. In a sense. You do not know the back story there.

That's the truth, Truth Wins. Please, let's just discuss the topic at hand.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/24/2023 09:00AM by XKRISHNA.

Current Page: 2 of 5

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.