Sisterhood of the Rose (Ties to Kaia Ra, Spiritual Coaching Industry, Etc)
Posted by: purplephantom ()
Date: September 05, 2022 08:35AM

I worked with a female spiritual life coach who began co-hosting “Sisterhood of the Rose” immersions and retreats back in 2018, co-facilitated with an “Angel” status former member of Kaia Ra’s cult who would go on to weave Kaia Ra’s teachings into the curriculum of our “immersions”. The Sisterhood of the Rose is deeply rooted in New Age and white supremacist beliefs (such as the existence of Atlantis and galactic star families), Neo-Christianity, Mary Magdalene, “sacred sexuality,” and priestess culture.

The exact origins of the Sisterhood are hard to trace. However, it is currently a global phenomenon led by multiple women – many of whom have large Instagram followings – self-identifying as “Priestesses of the Rose” and charging upwards of thousands for international retreats and coaching (read: “initiation”) programs, often convening around white supremacist “sacred” sites in Europe.

I attended a couple of retreats led by my former coach back in 2019 and experienced a number of things that in retrospect I recognize as dangerous indoctrination tools. I had been groomed for nearly a decade into New Age culture and various communities (including having been assaulted from a leading ISTA/tantra teacher) before accepting the invitation to these Sisterhood of the Rose retreats while in an incredibly vulnerable state.

The facilitators at the particular retreats I attended utilized a number of tools to foster secrecy, obedience, high arousal, etc. One of the facilitators was a trained and knowledgeable hypnotist, and I experienced a black out while participating in a “guided meditation” she led at the top of the retreat weekend. Perhaps the most horrifying was an evening “ceremony” we were asked to join within a chapel on the property, where we were guided to “anoint” the other participants by stripping down naked and erotically massaging each other. We were told this was an “initiation” and to not tell anyone about this ceremony as they "wouldn’t understand."

Many Sisterhood of the Rose retreats preach the gospel of some skewed version of Mary Magdalene’s story – deifying her as an icon of sacred sexuality and the Divine Feminine - while teaching (grooming) women how to "empower" themselves sexually and spiritually.

What concerns me most about the Sisterhood of the Rose is that they are largely operating underground, the community is widespread, and retreats regarding these Priestess initiations are largely secretive. I believe the type of women who are drawn into these (often exorbitant) retreats and trainings are vulnerable and seeking a spiritual purpose. Many of these retreats are held by women who lack therapeutic licensure and necessary credentials for guiding women into heightened states, and by women seeking to recruit new “initiates” into their pyramid of coaching programs.

These teachings are incredibly dangerous, rooted in white supremacy, and promote toxic gender roles. I would venture a guess that 98%+ of the women recruited into these spaces are white and white-passing, heterosexual, financially privileged (or financially preyed upon and manipulated) women.

If you Google “Sisterhood of the Rose origin,” here are the first few websites that pop up:
[www.thegoldenagegoddess.com]
^^This website lists historical figures such as Mary Magdalene and Joan of Arc, but also fictional New Age characters such as Atlantian “priests” and archangels as contributors to the origins of the Sisterhood.

“"The Sisterhood of the Rose is a group of specially gifted creative women who first came together in Atlantis. Here they founded an ancient mystery school based on the profound knowledge contained in and symbolised by the Sacred Rose." - Cris Henderson.

Anyone else getting Scientology vibes?

Here’s are a few other prominent “mystery schools” perpetuating Sisterhood of the Rose ideology:

[www.priestessesoftherose.com]

[theroselineage.com]

[www.magdalenerosetemple.com]

[priestessrising.com]

[www.sisterhoodoftherose.network]

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Sisterhood of the Rose (Ties to Kaia Ra, Spiritual Coaching Industry, Etc)
Posted by: rubyslippers ()
Date: September 05, 2022 08:54AM

Thanks for sharing all of this, Purple Phantom. I'm also a survivor of these horrific "Sisterhood of the Rose" spaces.

I was lured into a "Sisterhood of the Rose" retreat by two white women on IG ("Luna Love" now known as Luna Battalia, and Karen Prosen) who portrayed themselves online as radical leftist spiritual healers and feminists. A friend of mine recommended a retreat of theirs about Mary Magdalene based on my interests (and legit training in theological study) around Gnosticism and Women in the Bible, feminists and snit-racist interpretations of the Jesus movement, etc.

Karen told me early on that she was a leader in Kaia Ra's group (according to another survivor of the group, Karen was at "Angel" status within Kaia Ra's cult) and worked for her, but I didn't know who Kaia Ra was or that she was a cult leader... so no alarm bells went off for me. I was always a bit perplexed about why she was constantly talking about needing to scrub the internet for KR, or ensure that KR wasn't upset, or to enforce KR's copyright and tell others reposting her how they were doing it wrong.

After having former Kaia Ra students review the workbook Karen and Luna were using to indocrinate us, it has been made clear to me that Karen was essentially copy/pasting Kaia Ra's cult framework into a new group led by her after leaving working with Kaia Ra. It was horrific - as you described above - with sexualized anointing ceremonies, impromptu yoni egg practices with group organisms (or proximate to that). Karen was consistently wearing jewelry from Kaia Ra (gifted and/or bought) and at one point scored me for brushing her shoulder, saying that I was "hurting" the living creatures on her gold arm cuff by touching them. It was really confusing and disturbing.

Karen and Luna's "Priestess of Service" doc talked bout how if people were dissociating in the space that it was only because of their "negative" energies or "entities" that needed to be worked on, not because they were traumatized. They often repeated that we were not allowed to leave the immersions without speaking with them first. Karen pulled me aside after one "meditation" I refused to participate in because I felt like she was trying to hypnotize people, and asked me why I was resisting her help.

In Karen's 1-1 coaching she would often encourage me to take financial risks, stating that I was on a "dragon ride" and that I couldn't try and control it - saying I was trying to control it by not allowing abundance in my life by investing in her 3K offering(s).

I've traced much of what I went through to how this Sisterhood of the Rose lineage is rooted in white supremacist cult dynamics over the centuries (it's not new but very old in nature). When I told Karen that she was running a white supremacist group she said that she wasn't sure if she cared about that lineage origin.

Have to hop off now but will follow-up with some resources that have supported me in getting free from these truly horrific cult leaders and their damaging ways. Sending love to all the survivors caught up in this stuff. Would love to hear more stories from anyone who has gotten out from this "Sisterhood of the Rose" or "Order of the Rose".

Posted by: liminal ()
Date: September 15, 2022 08:01AM

Some more Colleen Anne Santoro/ Kaia Ra related links:

[www.newagefraud.org]

[forum.culteducation.com]

[gurumag.com]

She and others in this general movement indulge in satanic panic, they claim they were ritually abused etc. Unfortunately satanic panics are currently on the rise again.

Racism abounds: Kaia Ra rips off Native American cultures and also claims that she alone can release Native American children massacre victims from their earthly bounds. Etc. etc.

As detailed in this thread, these are high demand groups. Some of these Sisterhood of the Rose and related leaders (such as Kaia Ra) are making a lot of money off of their victims.

Posted by: Fohr ()
Date: September 20, 2022 12:22AM

Can you elaborate about which aspects are rooted in white supremacy, or promote a race-based superiority? Curious about your experiences if it goes beyond the grey area of cultural appropriation/re-packaging of esoteric/indigenous wisdom/culture.

I am very familiar with the cult dynamics in modern spiritual coaching, always-rising pricing for ~offerings~, and how emotions and sexuality are cleverly woven through them. It can be subtle to differentiate between legitimate coaches and more culty coaches (and the spectrum in between).

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.