Research Project Particpants
Posted by: karimazeroual ()
Date: February 17, 2022 01:08AM

Hi there,
I'm currently studying history at Aberystwyth University in Wales, and I'm currently working on my final year dissertation. For this project, I want to explore the reasons why women were likely to join cults in the latter half of the twentieth-century.

I was hoping to gather some individual thoughts and opinions as to why women joined cults, as to speak of the true narratives of ex-cult member, because I myself have never been involved in a cult, not seriously at least. For example, in the late 1980's and 90's, my mother was a member of the MEK, or the People's Mujahedin of Iran.

I want to explore the nuanced reasons that cult membership flourished during this time. By doing so, I hope to criticise existing negative stereotypes that exist about cult members.

If anyone would be interested in having a chat about your reasons for joining a particular group, I would be immensely grateful and delighted to speak with you. If so, I can be reached at the phone number +44 7365440803. Alternatively, my email is karimazer@outlook.com.

Many thanks, and take care!

Karima Zeroual

Options: ReplyQuote

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.