Current Page: 2 of 4
Re: A Cult Like No Other
Posted by: RUN_FOREST_RUN ()
Date: January 14, 2022 08:25AM

Yes I agree. Obviously, anger, anxiety and depression as well as much frustration, depending on how far down the rabbit hole of the cult you were, can and does arise.

Psychological and psychiatric therapy works. For me, it has definitely been additionally therapeutic to deconstruct the cult I was in and figure out what it was about the overall dynamics that kept me in it for so long, attracted my mother, and how such groups function and what parts of the assorted Dynamics ar related to trauma bonding, victimization, control and power plays etc. Basically, trying to see how none of it is some kind of a mystical and transcendental phenomenon, but something that even the most thinking and progressively minded person can fall victim to.

A big part of it is also trying to see what parts of my time in such a group had some kind of Merit or benefit. Maybe there was something that I was able to extract that had value and change the otherwise angry this position I had initially into one of gratitude. But that part is less important to me personally. I've been able to find many other more rational methods to achieve greater peace and Harmony in my life than I ever experienced in the cult that I was in.

I personally never thought I was the most traumatized person in the world nor that the coat that I was in was the most evil group in the world. But I can Echo the emotion I was feeling a general sense of Injustice and being Hoodwinked. I do feel that some groups, especially ones that have a large following or get involved in politics and other mainstream activities, can have deeper ramifications as they are essentially morphing into a religion. This is not necessarily bad but we have plenty of those, lol.

A side observation: in my journey, I suffered from very bad anxiety and depression. Mostly debilitating anxiety for years. The tendency was to always turn to the cult ideology to cope. It's what I knew. But in turn, I found my anxiety eventually increased. It was a cycle. I found it imperative to divorce my thinking and processing of the world through the lens of the Cults rhetoric. And when I did that, the anxiety vanished. If there is anything magical that has happened to me, it was this. I'm telling you. I was on many anti-depressants and therapy etc. I take none of that nor do I need it. But it took me a while to accept it and figure out that it was my addiction to cult-related self-talk that was the issue. Call it cognitive dissonance or whatever, but the day I labeled my cult past and all that part of my life as total bullshit is the day I felt a weight lift from my mind. It took practice. I'd say even these days I find my mind tries to go back there, but I've become better at catching myself and stopping it in its tracks.

The cult was like an addiction. It lifted me then dropped me hard and low.

But everyone's different.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: The Whirlwind ()
Date: January 14, 2022 08:52AM

RUN_FOREST_RUN: he told me that he is not interested in speaking with any mental-health professionals about this matter, and that he's only interested in finding a lawyer.

langlorimer1: I hate to break it to you, but you have practically no chance of success in terms of litigating a successful civil lawsuit against your old group. You told me that you left it ten years ago, and so it'd be very difficult for you to prove that you were harmed by them, at this point. I am not a lawyer, but I know that much.

Besides, the Statute of Limitations for a civil lawsuit in New York is three years (unless I am mistaken, which I do not think I am).

langlorimer1: have you sought, or received, any kind of professional help? There's no shame in it; my working with mental health professionals and the medications I take, have helped me a great deal and they can help you too.

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 01/14/2022 08:54AM by The Whirlwind.

Posted by: langlorimer1 ()
Date: January 14, 2022 08:50PM

I never had a diagnosis of mental illness prior to being immersed into this Yoga Cult. I suffered mild depression. The Guru said I was an experiment to see if I can help unite the East and the West by means of a siddhi they showed me: teleportation. With the shakti energy I was channeling from these Yogis I became high as if on a drug. I ran when the fame they wanted to give to me involved going to Israel via teleportation. When they started calling me a Messiah that fame is something I did not want. They preyed on my vulnerability bolstered me up with dogma and shakti energy to use me as their experiment. Why would the Guru say to me Is Nancy (My friend) going to put a hit out on me? I asked for what. He said for supporting me. You can believe my words or analyze me as being mentally ill. The truth is this was my experience.

Langdon

Date: January 15, 2022 12:16AM

On this website, you wrote "In all total I have had 18 hospitalizations and four psychotic breaks due to this experience."

[matthewremski.com]

Langdon, you have been writing about this group for years, since 2015 at least. Your history is easy to find by performing a simple Google search.

[www.google.com]

If somebody told me that they'd been hospitalized 18 times and suffered four psychotic breaks in ten years' time, then I'd have to conclude that this person is mentally ill indeed.

Get some help, friend. I do not judge you. I've been hospitalized too. I am neither a lawyer nor an MHP, but I strongly believe that you need way more help than a lawyer could provide you with.

Date: January 16, 2022 01:03AM

Yes I have had my history of being mentally unstable. I have found help in restructuring my thinking. I am on this site to get help not for people to dig into my credibility as a former cult victim. You are pretty sure of yourself in your words to me that I am mentally ill. Do you know what it is like for another man to enter your mind to issue you commands and to make you think you are a Messiah? No you do not. I have help. Thank You. And legal representation as of today. Try to be more kind to those who suffer.

Langdon

Date: January 16, 2022 01:06AM

Try to be more kind yourself. I texted you (at the number you mentioned in your video) and you texted me back and told me that you did not want to talk about it, other than to find a lawyer. You were rude to me. I never texted you again. So stop playing the victim.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 01/16/2022 01:08AM by The Whirlwind.

Date: January 16, 2022 01:11AM

Victim? I received no text from you. I received messages from Brian on Instant Messenger badgering me about my experience like you are. Victim? I am seeking help on this site.Please refrain from responding. You are not helping me.

Date: January 16, 2022 01:13AM

Good luck with your lawsuit, man. I wish you well.

Date: January 16, 2022 01:24AM

No luck needed. I have witnesses and medical records of 18 hospitalizations and four psychotic breaks that you were so compassionatly to point out. Good luck to you with your life.

Date: January 16, 2022 01:29AM

Look, man, I've been hospitalized too. About five years ago, I was about half an inch away from killing myself and I spent twelve days in a psych ward. I've got problems of my own. I'm trying to help you, man, not badger you.

Are you under a doctor's care now? I am, and I take meds too. It's helped me very much.

It's just that I'm not sure what kind of help you are looking for. So please tell me: how can I help you?

Current Page: 2 of 4

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.