Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Brahma Kumaris
Posted by: proy ()
Date: June 29, 2007 07:57PM

DOOMSDAY CULT? YOU BE THE JUDGE.

This book was given to me. It is a very well written and informative book. But the real truth about the Brahma Kumaris is hidden to the public, very much as Scientology is hidden to the public. Here are some of the hidden real truths about the Brahma Kumaris:

Are they a doomsday cult or a nation of sheep? They believe the more money you give to their organization, the better your position in heaven will be, or as they inisist "the greater your fortune will be". Wealthy individuals and celebrities are considered to be VIP's by God. Since when did God consider bank accounts more important than virtues? If Members fail to follow their principles they will become a servant in heaven ("Golden Age" as they call it). Servants in heaven? Aren't we all equal in heaven (Golden Age)? Speaking of heaven, they believe they will be the first and only ones in heaven. Not even Martin Luther King, Mother Theresa, Princess Diana, John Kennedy, Jimmy Stewart, etc. will be in the Golden Age.

The Brahma Kumaris (B.K.) believe that God told them the world is only 5,000 years old and will be destroyed soon. This is why many of them will quit college or will make no effort in earning promotions at work. If the world is only 5,000 years old, when did the dinosaurs appear? When were the pyramids built? How about the meteor craters in the Southwest? Where was Moses? The irony here is that although they preach that the world is coming to an end, they themselves will invest in the stock market and in retirement plans such as IRAs and 401Ks. Why loose weight, buy a house, or get an education when the world is coming to an end? They are brainwashed into serving the leaders of the organization in order to gain a higher status in heaven ("increasing their fortune") before the world ends.

B.K. follow a strict vegetation diet in which food can be eaten only if cooked by their members. You are not allowed to eat food even if your grandmother cooked it. However, many cheat and are not vegetarians; they dine in fast food chains and restaurants. Their unbalanced diet creates obesity and malnutrition among men and women. Many women become human hippos or end up looking like extremely flat chested skinny boys. This could be the reason why so many women (even those in the "higher status according to God") will leave the organization and become sexually insatible when they regain their former healthly figure and once again experience lust (which is forbidden because celibacy is required to enter the Golden Age.)

The once timid women will soon begin to shop at Victoria's Secret because they were required to cover themselves in drab white clothing. They flaunt themselves in extremely revealing clothes as a means of defiance. The men and women that leave the Brahma Kumaris can once again enjoy going to the movies, rock concerts, reading newspapers or novels, watching television, dating, sports, exercise, shopping, and traveling. All of these are forbidden to the Brahma Kumaris lifestyle in order to go to the Golden Age.

After being told daily by "God" that "you are impure and degraded souls", there is eventually a need to escape and return to peace and happiness in the life before the Brahma Kumaris. This explains why so many of them start partying with alcohol and drugs after experiencing such brainwashing. Many of the "deserters" become leaders, managers, start their own business, graduate from college, earn promotions at work, and most importantly, gain self-esteem and the ability to think and reason for themselves once they leave the Brahma Kumaris. However, their return to society is always haunted with guilt and hatred due to remembrance of their once abusive and perverted lifestyle. Although the suicide rate is low, this data hidden from public view.

World's largest doomsday cult or a nation of sheep? You be the judge.
From Amazon.com

[spiritdimension.com]

Options: ReplyQuote
Brahma Kumaris
Posted by: ex-bk ()
Date: June 30, 2007 06:38AM

proy
B.K. follow a strict vegetation diet in which food can be eaten only if cooked by their members. You are not allowed to eat food even if your grandmother cooked it. However, many cheat and are not vegetarians; they dine in fast food chains and restaurants. Their unbalanced diet creates obesity and malnutrition among men and women. Many women become human hippos or end up looking like extremely flat chested skinny boys. This could be the reason why so many women (even those in the "higher status according to God") will leave the organization and become sexually insatible when they regain their former healthly figure and once again experience lust (which is forbidden because celibacy is required to enter the Golden Age.)

The once timid women will soon begin to shop at Victoria's Secret because they were required to cover themselves in drab white clothing. They flaunt themselves in extremely revealing clothes as a means of defiance. The men and women that leave the Brahma Kumaris can once again enjoy going to the movies, rock concerts, reading newspapers or novels, watching television, dating, sports, exercise, shopping, and traveling. All of these are forbidden to the Brahma Kumaris lifestyle in order to go to the Golden Age.
I am an ex-member of this organization. I do believe that the so-called "Brahma Kumaris World Spiritual University" should be included in any discussion about Cults because, on the basis on my experience, the patterns of their behavior matches mostly closely to that of cultic religious movements.

They are not a sect of any pre-existing religion and whatever their original roots where, basic group psychological influences have caused them developed in a cult-like fashion.

But in all fairness, what is this ridiculous nonsense you have written all about and who is the author? I see that it has been copied and pasted from an Amazon.com review. That hardly constitutes a reliable source of information. On what basis does the author substantiate their claims about ex-BKs underwear drawers?

[b:62c25bdaf6]I can assure you that I never felt the urge to buy lacey underwear after leaving the BKWSU and did not became some panting nymphomaniac. I would be surprised if you can find any ex-BK that conforms to this stereotype. It sounds like wishful thinking on behalf of the author.[/b:62c25bdaf6]

I also have to take personal offence about the statements regarding a vegetarian diet. It has been readily accepted by no less than AMA that a vegetarian diet is perfectly healthy and adequate. I find the statement extremely harsh and critical of any woman's body that does not conform to a pneumatic fantasy figure and know of no evidence that BK Raja Yoga causes breast reduction.

It may be your intention to just "do damage" to this group. I am afraid by propagating such quotations, especially without making them clear that they are not your own, all you are doing is damage to your own creditability and any future opinion that you might offer.

Brahma Kumaris
Posted by: CaptPorridge ()
Date: July 02, 2007 08:50PM

I encountered them a few months ago, and wrote an article my adventures. A doomsday cult with many similarities to Aum

Not a cult? I have to laugh at that, BK lies and manipulates with the best of them. The BK member who gave a lecture on my campus was a total fraud who's resume distrubuted to university staff was a total fiction.
His doomsday predictions nothing but superstitious nonsence designed to lure in the gullible to break from family and friends and join his disgusting little doomsday cult.

An absolute disgrace that such a fool was able to give a lecture on campus.

Here's my article...

[gazette.gokmu.com]

And here's a teaser...

...Dadi Janki, now in her nineties, has been a member of BK from the beginning. Her current official title is Joint Administrative Head of the Brahma Kumaris World Spiritual University. According to the BK website, www.companionofgod.com, and the Korean BK site promoted at the lecture, Dadi Janki was declared by scientists from the University of Texas’ Medical and Science Research Institute in 1978 as having the most stable mind in the world.

The Gazette contacted an archivist at the University of Texas Archives who replied, “I have searched the likely places and found no mention of the experiments performed on Dadi Janki in 1978. Indeed, I didn't even find any University of Texas organization called the Medical and Science Research Institute." Despite evidence that the institute that ran those experiments never existed, Dadi Janki recently described to the Indian news site www.tribuneindia.com the experiments carried out on her and repeated the claim that University of Texas scientists declared her mind the most stable in the world.

While Mr. James acknowledged that BK had come under severe criticism, he added that BK was making changes as a result. Critics of the group, however, remain skeptical that any changes of worth have taken place. The use of the lecture to promote BK without giving any information about BK and especially the messianic claims of its leader suggests that they still have a long way to go until they become an open and transparent group worthy of trust. It is worth noting that one of the criticisms leveled at BK on the Internet is that they use non-religious introductory courses in “positive thinking” to recruit new members and only introduce them to Baba once membership has been cemented. That is a description that would seem to apply to Mr. James’ “meditation” lecture.

Brahma Kumaris
Date: August 25, 2007 11:22PM

Wow, the new president of India, Pratibha Patil, is a member of the BK doomsday cult and has admitted to speaking to its dead founder.

[www.youtube.com]

[news.bbc.co.uk]

The milder criticism of her comes from a curious admission that a dead guru had given her a "premonition" that she was destined to become India's first citizen.

A doomsday cult with nukes, isn't that nice :wink:

Brahma Kumaris
Posted by: proy ()
Date: August 26, 2007 02:21AM

"CaptPorridge"
A doomsday cult with nukes, isn't that nice :wink:
Thanks for these alarming links Cap'n. For more information on this cult see -

[www.brahmakumaris.info]

Which has many posts by members and ex-members of the BKs.

For some reason BB code is off on this post. I will try to correct that.

Brahma Kumaris
Date: September 23, 2007 09:35PM

Some very interesting developments on the BK front.

The site www.brahmakumaris.info, a cult awareness site run by former members, is being challenged by Brahma Kumars in Texas.

Here's the thread about the upcoming legal action on the above site:

[brahmakumaris.info]

A few trademarks were registered by the cult in Texas
[www.uspto.gov] A search on Brahma Kumaris finds them.

It seems they are trying to trademark the word of God.

These are the lawyers acting on behalf of the Indian Doomsday cult.

Kelly McCarty Esq. or Dustin Edwards Esq.
1111 Louisiana St. 25th Floor,
Houston, TX. 713-787-1400
mccartyk@howrey.com
edwardsdustin@howrey.com
[howrey.com]

Hopefully this will lead to some more publicity, exposure and awareness of this cult.

Re: Brahma Kumaris
Posted by: avyakt7 ()
Date: December 10, 2009 03:02AM

Check out this link: Who is first: the chicken or the egg? This is what Brahma Kumaris teaches with a more scientific spin. It is interesting to note that this article was chosen #1 out of 67 articles. Perhaps the members of helium.com were brainwashed? I doubt it. They are smart individuals who can realize things. Yep, This knowledge is the most logical, reasonable and consequent of all the ones I have ever heard. A human being cannot come up with this. This knowledge/philosophy is the "real deal...."

Are you intelligent?
Prove it!

Posted by: corboy ()
Date: December 10, 2009 08:45AM

Is this the group whose female leader has the utterly scary ass eye make up? And one of their posters showed the sun as a seething ball of fire?

The entire thing looked like a Halloween joke.

Posted by: avyakt7 ()
Date: December 10, 2009 06:55PM

Don't know if that is the same halloween joke or not that you are referring to.
Like the saying says: "don't judge the book by its cover."

Regards.

Are you intelligent?
Prove it!

Brahma Kumaris - They're still around
Posted by: corboy ()
Date: June 26, 2017 09:06PM

key words

Brahma Kumaris aka Raja Yoga World Spiritual University

Dada Lekh Raj - nee Prajapita Brahma

Brahma Kumaris is still around.

[www.google.com]

[hiddendoctrine.wordpress.com]

Brahma Kumaris Hidden Doctrine

[www.google.com]

Brahma Kumaris - apocalypse (doctrine)

[books.google.com]

[www.google.com]

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 06/26/2017 09:21PM by corboy.

Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.