Lobby for Regulation of Religious/Spiritual Orgs
Posted by: mhwbl ()
Date: October 09, 2021 02:51PM

Who would like to join a lobby group to have religious/spiritual organisations regulated in the UK?

After 10 years of exploring new age spirituality, first through the Kabbalah Centre International in London, then various smaller groups in-person and online, I've come to the conclusion that the only thing that would get these harmful groups under control and made accountable, is removal of their endless freedoms and protections, replaced with the same rules that apply to other commercial educational orgs. ie the need for a licence to operate, psychological fitness assessment of their leaders, police checking of all their teaching staff, regular reviews and reporting of how they utilise resources, tax contributions, etc. Basically complete transparency of their mode of operation, with regular scrutiny, and robust feedback loop with their customers.

Unfortunately orgs like the KCI present themselves as mainstream, established, and ethical, when actually they are run by a leadership team riddled with mental illness and personality disorders, who abuse their customers and volunteers, and utilise the orgs resources for their own selfish purposes. They are nothing more than centres of crime, abuse, and terrorism, and yet they benefit from religious freedoms, protection, and tax exemption! Why is the government not alert to this?

I have made initial contact with the Faith Minister in the UK to ask the government to consider tighter regulations and control of these groups. If you feel strongly about this issue to and want to join the lobby group please give me a shout.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Lobby for Regulation of Religious/Spiritual Orgs
Posted by: mhwbl ()
Date: October 21, 2021 09:42PM

Looking at the KCI company accounts looks like they are in financial freefall. Wouldn't surprise me if they close down before long.

Without their founder the Rav they don't have a visionary to guide them, they've lost all their high spending business leaders and celebrity members, even Madonna appears to have parted company. Those left in their leadership team are riddled will mental illness and personality disorders.

Not the greatest recipe for success!

Still a great case study to lobby government for more regulation of religious/spiritual orgs.

Options: ReplyQuote

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.