Circling Europe a cult?
Posted by: circling_inquiry ()
Date: September 04, 2019 11:34AM

I was a part of Circling Europe for over a year.

I’ve heard numerous reports of various kinds of abuse. People violently physically attacked, sexually violent language, nudity without consent.. with people traumatized after.

They charge very steep prices for training.

I also had some experiences.. abusive. I’ve has trouble with panic, crying bouts. I don’t feel comfortable sharing the details. But it was sexual stuff, sexual language. Lots of coercion to view it as positive.

I’m not sure I can bring myself to share what all I experienced. I’ve had so much backlash. I’m scared of ending up in court.

One woman shared a story, that just haunts me still. Leadership was agreeing to take money, to do something.. I’m pretty sure it would be illegal if it had happened. God, that story shook me up. She requested confidentiality. I considered going to the police anyway, but it’s not even in my country. So I haven’t... and I’m scared to. The woman is very protective of the people who did this to her. I’ve wondered if it was a trauma bond. I really think it might be illegal, what they were talking about doing. It didn’t happen, thankfully.

Tried to start a conversation about the concerns, and was told I had started a witch hunt. Was kicked out of the community. Have lost the majority of friends I had there.

It’s just bugs the crap out of me. I kept hearing from women that were suicidal after taking their trainings. It seems like it’s usually a limited number of people who experienced the abuse.

I started looking into cult dynamics, and it matches what I experienced. But I don’t know how to get this stuff revealed in a way that would protect new people. I thought starting a post here might help.

I wondered if I could somehow get a cult expert to take testimony confidentially, and write a report of some kind. If that’s a possibility?

There’s just one brief mention of it on Reddit, and that’s all there is publicly: [www.reddit.com]

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Circling Europe a cult?
Posted by: corboy ()
Date: September 04, 2019 08:17PM

The person who wrote the Reddit post ends it with this:

EDIT: feel free to downvote me, I have screenshots from the FB group detailing the physical and verbal abuse. Your downvotes are not a good sign of a transparent organization.

Re: Circling Europe a cult?
Posted by: light34 ()
Date: January 21, 2020 09:24PM

Hello thanks for sharing this..

i was involved too, but brievely just attended some events .. one of the leaders on the event once placed me in his lap while doing circling then staring at me my my boyfriend was there and we were at the time a bit upset with each other .. ant that event triggered him to a point of explosion .. of him shouting and protesting.. the leader instead of letting him be, tried to explore the situation further and making questions to both i did say i had nothing to say to stop the all thing. Later on i confronted the leaders they did not take responsibility ... and tried to make things look ok so i just did another event with not he leader who i felt abused and then decided to leave .. there are reports of Shaun the founder having arguments with people and always focused on money.. it is pretty much no an healthy organisation however at times it might look ok .. glad that i left.. wanting money from people to for them to talk about their feeling with strangers not is not therapy it is literally almost like staring at the man on the bus that you don'know and tell him you feel sad..

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/21/2020 09:26PM by light34.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.