Defining The James & Isabella Swartz CultTeachings Of Spiritual Nazi's
It is important to have a solidly grounded and practicable approach if you are to assess whether James & Isabella Swartz are cult-like leaders and unsafe. Although more and more people have bravely taken a stand against the James & Isabella Swartz cult, and the disclosure of their emails shows the true heights of evil intent they have for people, it is still useful to investigate further.
Groups and leaders who are unsafe generally lack accountability & transparency through checks and balances as these create firm boundaries and safeguards. In previous articles, we have already discovered that James & Isabella Swartz answer to no one in their purported genre of what they teach = Vedanta. Traditional Vedanta is lineage-based teaching. It would be fair to say that the lineage is a foundationally crucial aspect of teaching. And it is this that accounts for the checks and balances that all teachers have. Yet this is noticeably absent from the world of James & Isabella Swartz, for they operate their teachings without either answering to the teaching tradition or teaching actively alongside the lineage James Swartz claims to be a part of. It is clear, that for James & Isabella Swartz to teach alongside the lineage they claim to have permission to teach from, that would necessitate being answerable to that lineage. Although it is clear that James Swartz promotes himself as one of the most superior spiritual teachers in the world, the question is still valid as to why he does not openly align with the authority of the lineage he is supposed to be in? For there is no teacher that is meant to be above the lineage. Such questions as this and many others are needed to be asked to assess how dangerous he is.
One of the biggest challenges that former and current members of the Swartz cult face - is that they have a misguided sense of loyalty to the Swartz's out of loyalty to Vedanta. Yet the process for determining if a leader may cause problems for the well-being of people should be based on behaviour and not beliefs.
You need to ask yourself what the objectively observable structure and dynamics of Shiningworld is. The way to answer this is by observing the group and how someone was changed through group influence. The examination should not stop at the leaders, but also include other people of influence in the group who reinforce behaviour. In other words, if there are people in Shiningworld who actively support and enforce the views of James Swartz among the other members, then such people need to be examined as well.
Before you decide as to whether James & Isabella Swartz is running a cult, you must educate yourself about cults. Do you know the difference between a destructive cult and a benign group? Really? Then let us look at Shiningworld...
One of the main differences is that the thought reform process of a cult relies heavily upon the control of information and communication. Which is what Robert J. Lifton calls 'milieu control' - control of the environment. We only have to look at the 'Satsang page of Shiningworld to see that it is a huge propaganda machine. James & Isabella Swartz seemingly post non-stop 'emails' of adoration from 'members', basking in the platitudes of doctored praise. While it is true that they have begun to post dissenting views with more regularity (perhaps in response to us calling them out on their absurd ego-tripping), if you look at those sporadic challenges, you will see that the Swartz's continue to put themselves in the superior position of always being correct nonetheless. They have openly admitted on numerous occasions that they doctor 'members' published emails, who have no right to reply. Even a blind person could see that they are operating a propaganda machine hell-bent on showing the infallibility and god-like nature of themselves.
The warning signs of an unsafe group are based on structure and behaviour. Yet, let's say that you are in the Swartz cult. How do you know the cult bubble even exists? Is it easy to tell you have been indoctrinated? There are warning signs that show if a leader or regime control the environment and the reader will see how easily these signs apply to the Swartz's.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~The Swartz Cult Exposed
James Swartz has a familiar profile that fits that of a leader of an unsafe group or destructive cult. Ten warning signs regarding leadership are based on structure and behaviour. These are associated with unsafe groups or cults. After all the reports from former members, the revealing of personal emails of Swartz, and the public behaviour of both of them - looking at all the evidence that has been brought to light so far - how many of these points can you genuinely tie into James & Isabella Swartz? Remember, all points don't need to apply to the Swartz's for it to be a cult. Though the more that can be, the more certain it is.
1. The leadership of the group has absolute authority without meaningful accountability. There is no genuine democratic form of governance that offers checks & balances through leadership, by-elections or constitution or by-laws.
2. There is no meaningful disclosure or transparency regarding the groups' disclosure or assets.
3. No detailed or independently audited financial statement or budget is published to members or contributors annually. Disclosing salaries and expenses paid out from group funds. Only leaders & a chosen few know about finances at any depth.
4. The leaders define what is right or wrong and group members are expected to essentially defer any meaningful value or judgements of their own. This is a learned dependence and often develops regarding problem-solving & conflict resolution.
5. Notable & extreme hyperactivity in the group is centred on the agenda of leadership with little consideration for the goals of individual members or their interests.
6. The Group deliberately isolates its members in a controlled environment. Information is controlled by creating strict rules or guidelines regarding books, reading, television, movies, etc. Members will be discouraged from talking to others who have independent ideas & doubts, or negative feelings about the group. The leaders will filter out contamination outside the world, and its opinions.
7. There will be no meaningful boundaries. No area of members lives will be private and immune from scrutiny.
8. The group promotes fears about the outside world. Paranoid suspicions about the groups' enemies.
9. The group perpetuates an ethos of perfectionism. Members may feel they are never good enough.
10. The group will devalue self-esteem and individual expression. For it will consider that selfish. Members who question the leadership or express ideas outside the group mindset will also be characterised negatively and labelled as go-driven, rebellious, suppressive.
11. Former members often report the same kinds of abuse by the leadership. This repetitious behaviour reflects continuing patterns of grievances.
How James & Isabella Swartz communicates is very important as it shows the way they share rules and orders. Information in Shiningworld flows downwards from the top to the lower levels, so many cult members will be unaware of the problems. Looking back to the ten-point indicator we can already see that points:
1. James & Isabella Swartz operate a dictatorship in which they are Gods. In fact, Isabella Swartz has openly said that James Swartz is God many times. As such, they answer to no earthly authority, for this would put them under checks and balances regarding their behaviour.
2. This writer has repeatedly asked James Swartz in open letters and private emails to share the financial information for Shiningworld and himself and his wife. So that it can be professionally audited. At the time of writing, he has refused to disclose this for the last 10 months.
3. Recently there was the most surreal situation in which James Swartz banished his one-time closest ally, and character assassinated him in the most public and treacherous manner. This was because the person used his democratic right and favour an opposing democratic party. Attempting to force a person to change their democratic view, and punish them if they do not - is not democracy. It is tyranny and another example of the dictatorship of the spiritual nazism of James & Isabella Swartz.
4. Shiningworld has a disclaimer in which they warn people that no matter what you confide in them, it can be used publicly. This is used to great effect in the false satsangs that they post on their website. They will regularly use members private lives as the basis to embellish with hyperbole stories that are designed to character assassinate or control members, or elevate the leadership to even higher divinity. A recent example is taking out of context a lady's private correspondence, with James Swartz advising that she should take up prostitution.
5. There is a dependence on the leadership of James & Isabella Swartz to provide solutions or solve its members' life challenges. While this may seem altruistic, it is in fact decreasing individual analysis and reflection. Thereby making Shiningworld members even more reliant on the Swartz'.
Anything that James & Isabella Swartz say or do is justified using Shiningworld's own teachings. It doesn't matter how harsh or harmful their actions have been to others.
6. All formers members of Shiningworld are considered in a critical or harmful light. While it is taught that there is no legitimate reason to leave the group. Those who leave are always wrong, as there is not one instance of the Swartz's saying that any former member was right to leave.
7. When there is an increasing number of these behaviours as well as structural authority, then there is a real cause for serious concern. There is an assumption that only a certain type of people are susceptible to cults. That strong and healthy people do not fall victim. The truth is that all people are susceptible, be it strong or troubled, or highly educated. In fact, Rick Ross has de-programmed five doctors. Cults actually want highly capable & intelligent people. Cults have refined their recruitment process & techniques to achieve this.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~The Cult Methods Of James & Isabella Swartz
Some groups may withhold information about their hierarchy and radical beliefs. The personality-driven nature of cults is not shown at the beginning. Often it is only much later, and certainly upon escape that the full extent may be realised.
The Cult of James & Isabella Swartz appears to present solutions & respond to any dilemma posed as arbiters of certainty. This is the lifeblood of the Swartz, as they feed on fear and insecurity as a means of leverage. This is why Shiningworld cult members have black & white thinking, much typical of other cults. There is a low tolerance of ambiguity and the Swartz' & Shiningworld often express relentless judgemental attitudes.
Cult members get what is termed 'jewellers eye'. A restricted collective vision that searches out and finds the tiniest flaws and imperfections. As a traditional Vedanta teacher, in a respected lineage, I can attest that this judgemental nature is not the Vedanta way. It is, however, quite useful in the elevation of the 'divine authority of James Swartz. There is a hard focus on anyone outside of Shiningworld, while a soft focus on anyone inside. This obscures anything negative about themselves, so everything is polarised between 'us & them'. Indeed, Shiningworld is cast as the ultimate good, while anything outside is potentially threatening. This has produced arrogant feelings of superiority or spiritual elitism.
In fact, the leaders of Shiningworld routinely say how peoples lives have ended in tragedy once they have left the group. As with all things in the Shiningworld Propaganda machine, stories are grossly exaggerated or just made up. The motivation of which is to intimidate members to stay in the group, or keep their mouths shut.
As revealed in previous articles, there is a loading of language used by the Swartz's that is also repetitive. As with others cults, the Swartz's use this as thought reform, and is in fact thought-terminating cliches. Shiningworld members will memorise verbiage and substitute it for critical thinking. With this impaired thinking, members will make decisions, not in their best interests. Shiningworld members lose control and the ability to think independently, though as with other cults, they actually feel special with the 'attention'.
In closing, it is vitally important for you to understand how cults work. Educate yourself about the group & leader. Only then do you know what you face. Gather information, create a file, and take relevant notes. Many cults & leaders have a deeply troubled history, as revealed about James Swartz in the Cult Education Forum. There are many complaints, such as this author revealing to the world for the first time - that James Swartz is wanted for tax evasion in India.
The Shiningworld website is deliberately deceptive. And it should be realised that it is there to recruit new members. With that in mind, you should realise that Swartz's will not disclose information that would discourage people. Since Shiningworld material is therefore disingenuous it shows a pattern of deception. Indeed, the Shiningworld cult uses some neutral resources to mislead people of their intentions. However, Rick Ross, one of the world's foremost experts on Cults states in his groundbreaking book: Cults: Inside Out - that it is former cult members that are the best source of intelligence.
* All of the Cult knowledge from this article has been sourced in Rick's book - Cult's Inside Out: How People Get In And Can Get Out.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Delusions of Grandeur By Sex-Mad Cult Leader James SwartzIn His Own Words...
James Swartz Speaking to a gay person
James: I also can't see that trying to figure out your sexual orientation is a particularly noble goal.
Work out this conflict in a reasonable way or let it go altogether if you can. If you can't then just wallow in your misery until your dick no longer gets hard and the lights go on.
I am not a heterosexual, meaning that the idea of my sexual orientation never arises in my mind.
So you do your bhakti, etc. and get into blissful states. It is like masturbation.
James Swartz On His Ego & Desires
My seminars are packed, I have invitations to teach that could keep me going for several lifetimes.
At the same time, I have certain desires that need to be fulfilled by others and I often get ignored.
James Swartz On Servicing women, spending their money & James Swartz's divinity
The body turned sixty-nine last week…I think I would be unable to fulfil my end of the bargain as I am rather lacking in the stamina required to service women of that age (in their 30's) and would gratefully be satisfied with the attention of women of a certain age assuming that their discretional income any given month was at least six figures (or more) and, of course, was blessed with exceptional beauty…inner and outer…and never for a moment failed to appreciate my divinity and shower the devotional surrender it confers.
I’m no longer what I long to be on that level...
James Swartz Teachings that excuse the Swartz Cult abuse
Sickness is a state of mind based on the idea that the world and the mind are real.
Robert Wayne Harrison
James Swartz On the world does not exist apart from in the mind
Yes, the ‘world’ is only in the mind. There is no actual world out there, apart from material objects which enter the mind as thoughts.
In short, the bed is only in your mind as the thought/idea of the bed.
People are only what you think they are. Situations are only what you think they are. They are not real.
"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act."
~ George Orwell