Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: James & Isabella Swartz - Cult Leaders
Posted by: earthquake ()
Date: August 19, 2021 11:18PM

Im going through some historical records on SW satsangs and I notice this:

James Swartz
Evidently, one day Swami Dayananda had just finished teaching and stepped off the dais to make himself available to the attendees when a mahatma who had been sitting in the back walked up to him, looked him in the eye said, “You are not teaching the tradition,” turned on his heels and walked away. Evidently, it was a shock for Dayananda who took the mahatma as his guru and learned the tradition as it was meant to be taught. Once many years ago I met the mahatma in Swami Dayananda’s ashram in Rishikesh shortly before he died.

One day, sometime after the breakup, I read a small essay written by Swami Dayananda that opened my eyes. It was called The Teaching Tradition of Advaita Vedanta and although no names were mentioned it was impossible not to understand that it was a direct attack on “modern” Vedanta à la Chinmaya. It was brilliant and in line with my own thinking which had slowly evolved over the years as my study of the tradition had become an obsession, along with trout fishing in Montana. I have rewritten, embellished it and published it on my website under the title What Is Advaita Vedanta?

I'm once again drawing on Swartz's own words to show he is attacking Swami Chinmaya. I know the full story of what happened here. Swami Dayananda openly spoke about this to his students, and I of course also wanted to know. So, two Swami told the exact same things. Will I will express in my own manner, per tradition.

It is true that Swami Dayananda was approached by someone else. Though he was not Swami Dayananda's Guru. Like myself, Swami Dayananda had three Guru's, but we can get to that. Pujya Swamiji has been offered to take over from Swami Chinamaya. But, Swami Dayananda had two 'things'. The first is that he sat at the feet of his Guru for nearly a decade, and was expected to just 'get it'. Even though he was obviously the foremost student at that time, he didn't attain enlightenment. He was so distraught he was going to walk away from sannyass and seel his books. He cant do that, but he was going to anyhow. A chance meeting with someone did tell him he is not teaching correct. To my mind it was as a market. I may be wrong, on that.

So, he goes back to Swami Chinamya and mentions this. Swamiji then sends him to another Guru to learn what he is asking about. Once that was taught, then Swami Dayananda went back to Chinmaya Ashram and studied Shankaras work and the Bhagavad Gita. That was enough.

There was a suggestion from Swami Dayananda to Swami Chinmaya how to streamline training. Swami Chinmaya was not keen, so it didnt happen. Swami Chinmaya was meant to go to USA to teach, but was ill. So Swami Dayananda went instead on his own. It is here that he had the opportunity to change things, and he did. With out permission, he set up Arsha Vidya in Saylorsburg USA. There was also no 'break-up'. By the time Pujya SWamiji got back to Chinmaya Mission, there was nothing Swami Chinmaya could do, so he gave his blessing. However, since there was a only a difference in teaching style, they went seperate ways is all.

However, and this is the point. This has been stress to me in private by Swami In India that have been extremely close to to SWami Dayananda from they were babies. Swami Dayananda has 3 Gurus. And they are placed in homage on all of our altars in Arsha Vidya. SWami Dayananda, and Arsha Vidya have great respect, and love to Swami Chinmaya. There was no falling out, as is spoken of by Swartz. Swartz tells students that it is not usual to have more than one Guru. Yes it is. Swami Chinmaya had at least two, Swami Dayananda three, and I have three. Swartz says this to people so they dont leave him to go elsewhere. This controlling and posseissiveness is fear, and is another sign of a cult leader. Spirtual teachings about freedom should free someone, from anything.

Anyhow, the position is NOT that Swami Chinmayananda is a modern Vedanta teacher. That would mean Swami Tapovan was. Difference in teachings can be fluid, there is some freedom of expression. Swami Chinmaya was a traditonal teacher. Whereas James Swartz is not. This is not to say that James SWartz hasn't taught some Vedanta, he has. But this has been jumbled up with his own personal ideas about control, abuse and power.

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act."

~ George Orwell

Options: ReplyQuote
Date: August 20, 2021 04:07AM

TheSpare
>
> You know what James ? it has taken me a long time
> to figure out the source of what was disturbing
> about your personal behaviour and your teachings.
> I can put my finger clearly on it now. Just like
> the rev Moon you mentioned, you are running your
> site and teaching as a cult ! The guru can never
> be wrong and students have to conform to his views
> unquestioningly or be bullied, gaslighted,
> ostracised and cancelled. over time, it becomes
> extraordinarily difficult to separate your
> teaching of vedanta with your unresolved samskaras
> playing out as your opinions, rants and undharmic
> behaviour. it`s good to breath fresh air again
> and be free of your cult...both subtle and overt.
> You really need a teacher and to be under a real
> sampradaya`s discipline as you are a danger to
> yourself and to others.
>

Great post! I think, more than anything, your post highlights the deluisional nature of Swartz. Or perhaps he is so used to telling lies about people, it is his nature now. I think of Isabella, she has swallowed this more than anyone. And it is her that is openly setting the narrative as if he is the second messiah. I do wonder what it would be like if she ever realised how fooled she has been. Though I think she will stay at the helm of the cult, as it all comes crashing around her.

It's taken each of us a while to get to this realization that he is a cult leader, yet it is really liberating. There seems a release, like a bird that has been trapped inside a cage, unfolding wings for the first time. Its beautiful really.

And people are listening. There is movement from being firmly under the brainwashing of the Swartz cult operation. It's quite a significant swing, if I may say so. And that is what this is about. Simply giving the world as comprehensive an opportunity to make an informed choice. It's a service to the world, that's all. And its not a big thing either. It is simply doing ones duty. What is ones duty? If some injustice comes your way, it is in your karma stream. For a reason. You can either try to run from your duty, or you can use your own personal skills and aptitude to right the injustice. It's never a vendetta, as was projected onto me by others last week. It always about humble service, and understanding there will be judgements levied at you, but that doesnt matter. If everyone in the world simply done their duty to stand up to injustice, rather than enabling it by doing nothing and projecting onto those that are, this world would be heaven on earth.

Truth is the only thing that matters. Independently verifiable truth. I know it is the same for you. There is a strength to truth, stability & nobility.

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act."

~ George Orwell

Date: August 21, 2021 02:51AM

James Swartz Publishes Thought Reform 'Brainwashing' OF A Member

A Perfect Example of Psychologist Robert Liftons Brainwashing Indicators

I've came across a public punishment letter from cult leader James Swartz, to one of the members, that has been published today. This is a perfect example in which James Swartz can be tied into Liftons thought reform indicators. In total, I have listed 5 of Liftons 8 indicators...

James Swartz Cult Leader
OK. It’s a scam. So what? It’s not real. I’d be scammed if I thought it was. And I’d be doubly scammed if I accepted future proof of the virus as evidence, since future proof is not real either in so far as it doesn’t stand alone and it depends on the equally unreal concepts of past and present, which is to say time., which is purely subjective. A belief or an opinion is not proof of anything except itself. In fact the virus and the scam only seem to be real and have no effect on you, unborn eternal existence shining as ever-present blissful consciousness, so what’s the fuss? I would be triply scammed if I thought that the you that is telling me I’m a fool is real either. I don’t believe in the scam or the virus. I don’t disbelieve in them either. They both exist, however, as thoughts in the mind and in so far as they do, they are not real.

However, since there is going to be an unreal social event at Trout Lake discussing the nature of reality…Isvara willing…,the apparent me that is sponsoring the apparent event for apparent people, is required by the apparent dharma to offer guidelines respecting the rights of both apparent media-duped vaxers and non-evidence based anti-vaxers, which it seems the unreal you that is presenting this unreal opinion as if it were real, will, I assume, not be attending.

Right of the bat there is a textbook example of the 'loading of language', the special spiritual language, that Lifton speaks about in regard to Brainwashing. Not only is that Liftons, 'thought reform Indicator' number 6 (see this topics first post), it also falls under Indicator number 4 - 'Cult of Confession', where there is no privacy in the cult, anything that is known is to be known collectively.

While I do understand what Swartz is saying, (due to my own indoctrination into his cult) this is not the way people in Vedanta speak. People in Vedanta speak normally. To speak like this is quite absurd. It would also be bizarre, save for the fact that Swartz is deliberately trying to confuse the member and dazzle them with his mystical brilliance. And that also falls under these cult indicators:

1. Control of Communication = Swartz is controlling the way that communication is with students, if they show independent thinking. By elevating the teaching to this 'special language'.

2. Mystical Manipulation. Group practices set to deceive, through manipulation of religion = Vedanta. People in Vedanta speak normally.

8. Dispensing of Existence. From the quote, as a Traditional Teacher of Vedanta, I can tell you that Swartz is corrupting Vedanta, as well as mixing pseudo-science into things. Such an example above is very confusing for people, and it is also very damaging. It will lead a person to think that this world is not real. Vedanta does not teach that this world is not real. To explain it like this is a strong indicator of unassimilated teachings. This world is not independently real, but it obviously exists and has meaning. There is a difference.

The other thing, in regard to point number 8, is that Swartz uses this 'eka jiva vada' the world is imaginary again. He says that both the virus and the vaccanation exist in the mind, and are not real. I want to be careful here, as the Cult Ed admin proactively deals with any posts that can endanger life, so I am not giving an opinion on any virus, or any vaccination. I'm highlighting that for a cult leader to say that both the virus and vaccination are in the mind, and not real, is a huge problem no matter what way you look at it. Which is a prime example of the problems of this 'imaginary' teaching that the Swartz use.

Getting back to the entire quote, a person who has not went the full way in Vedanta would speak like Swartz has. I don't wish to elaborate on this, as I dont wish to place Vedanta teachings in this topic in my posts though. Just continuously expose them as cult leaders.

Source: Check his 'Talks Cheap...' E-Satsang on his indoctrination site.

Rob

~ George Orwell

Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.