Current Page: 10 of 15
Re: The mystical forces that drove some of us to Krishna Consciousness
Posted by: The Whirlwind ()
Date: May 14, 2021 10:47AM

The Whirlwind Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Thank you, Ian, for your support and kind words.
> You have shown much humility in this, what you
> have written.
>
> Until I began reading and trying to understand
> Bhagavad-gita As It Is, I too was an atheist.
> Prabhupada, through his writings, shook my atheism
> and made a theist out of me. That is the "mystical
> force" which drove me to Krishna Consciousness.
> That is a true story, and is my honest experience.
>
> Prabhupada is my spiritual grandfather, and I love
> him as such. He was an extraordinary human being,
> but he was still very much a human being.
>
> Hare Krishna. Peace be with you, friend.
>
> [www.youtube.com]
>
> Well, I ain't always right, but I've never
> been wrong
> Seldom turns out the way it does in a song
> Once in a while, you get shown the light
> In the strangest of places if you look at it
> right

Wind in the willow's playin' 'Tea For Two'
The sky was yellow and the sun was blue
Strangers stoppin' strangers just to shake their hand
Everybody's playing in the heart of gold band, heart of gold band."

[www.youtube.com]

:-)

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 05/14/2021 10:50AM by The Whirlwind.

Options: ReplyQuote
Date: May 14, 2021 12:06PM

Here's a cool story for you all:

I was awarded diksa on the day of Ratha Yatra in a certain American city, some years ago.

There was a procession of devotees walking down a certain major thoroughfare in that city. I was among them. We were chanting and all that. We were passing out fruit and candies to the crowd who were lining the streets in that city.

There was this one Indian (maybe Nepali) man who was on the street, and who was probably in his twenties. Most likely he was a student, as we were in a major college town. I gave him a banana was we chanted and proceeded down the street.

Then he gave me this look, as if he were amazed. He said to me, "Is this prasadam?!" I said "Yes" and he said with real gratitude, "Thank you so much!"

That man would probably have been less shocked if I had handed him a hundred-dollar bill. I'll never forget that. The look in his eyes, told me he was just amazed.

Posted by: facet ()
Date: May 15, 2021 01:00AM

Whirlwind, thank you for your questions.. which I appreciate, however do recall it is up to me to decide where I am on things, and what is read by myself.. what I have read is of course personal and nobody decides for me where I am. It is simply not up to anyone else to control these factors of my being.

Listening to the victims is my only purpose here, and sharing my own findings.. you will continually find no interest in the scriptures here from me.

With regards to the other questions, namely the Christianity part.. every response made by myself is suited specifically to the individual responded to, so there can be no answer to your question.. everybody is diverse and different, not monotonous and this is something that for me is to be respected in every person, even you.

In brief: There is no blanketing for everyone in one place.

You can keep the scripts, it’s not for me or anyone else to try to remove unless it is your own choosing however, it is also not for you to push on others and apologise for the abuse that came from it to so many people.

There is no excuse for abuse, no matter where it comes from.

There’s a well played saying out there that if you are not familiar with, I’ll go and eat a big fat grass fed steak or three.. it goes a little something like: you cannot change anybody else, you can only change yourself.

Tell me you haven’t heard it, I’ve got new designer cuttleries to use :D.

Very best to you. People matter, everyone posting on this thread matters, so do you. It is not Krisna first.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/15/2021 01:04AM by facet.

Date: May 15, 2021 01:42AM

facet Wrote:
> You can keep the scripts, it’s not for me or
> anyone else to try to remove unless it is your own
> choosing however, it is also not for you to push
> on others and apologise for the abuse that came
> from it to so many people...

> ...Very best to you. People matter, everyone posting
> on this thread matters, so do you. It is not
> Krisna first.

Look: I am not pushing anything on anybody, and I am not apologizing for any type of abuse nor invalidating anybody's experiences in any manner. You have set up a Straw Man argument here, facet.

I am trying to explain the mystical forces that drove me to Krishna Consciousness. That's the topic of this thread, after all, not "Why we don't like Krishna Consciousness".

It's implied in the very name of the thread topic that people who are participating here, are interested in Krishna Consciousness. So I am not off-topic at all. You are.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 05/15/2021 01:44AM by The Whirlwind.

Date: May 15, 2021 02:27AM

Ok.

There is a fair difference in copy and pasting a lot of the scriptures in bold, and just simply sharing your own experience as yourself.

You can do this as others and myself have :-) even though it’s not all pro krsna.

It's implied in the very name of the thread topic that people who are participating here, are interested in Krishna Consciousness. So I am not off-topic at all. You are.

To be petty, it does say “some of us” in the thread topic so not all of us have to be interested in specifically pro aspects heh heh..

Note: I have also said my on topic bit about the mystical forces from the perspective here, not off topic.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/15/2021 02:30AM by facet.

Date: May 15, 2021 02:36AM

facet Wrote:

> You can do this as others and myself have :-) even
> though it’s not all pro krsna.

Another Straw Man from you, facet.

It's never been my agenda here to be either "pro" nor "anti" Krishna per se, nor to preach anything to anybody.

It's always been my agenda to present Krishna Conscious philosophy in as honest, objective, and unbiased a manner as possible.

It's also important to me to dispel myths and correct misinformation about Hare Krishna belief and practice.

I'm not here to act as an ISKCON apologist or anything of the sort. This is something I have stated over and over again. Don't you get it?

Date: May 15, 2021 02:56AM

Yes you state it, but what you then go on to state does not match up.

What is said and what is done (at least coming across) is opposite, so do you see how it does not work?

Making excuses for those who provided a stage for abuse affecting many living beings is super hurtful to those who have experienced it.

I get that not everybody would like to acknowledge it, it is not easy, however these are people who have done and are doing their personal work to look after themselves and grow beyond what they thought that they knew. It is a triumph to be respected.

I understand that you are not yet willing to share any experience of abuse you personally endured, perhaps some day you might find a trusted professional - it may feel a little easier than doing so publicly.

It's always been my agenda to present Krishna Conscious philosophy in as honest, objective, and unbiased a manner as possible.

I understand. This is for your own reasons, the teachings must provide something very important to you - I respect this.

Date: May 15, 2021 03:02AM

Facet: I've been absed in ISKCON too, and you don't know diddly about what happened to me. No, I was not born and raised in it, but so what?? I am a victim too, in my own way.

All I am trying to really say, facet, is that I am not willing to throw the baby away with the bathwater. It's like I got hurt in an abusive church, but I still consider myself a Christian. Same thing.

I'm not making excuses for anybody, so quit misrepresenting my position. It's weak and childish of you.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 05/15/2021 03:03AM by The Whirlwind.

Posted by: zizlz ()
Date: May 15, 2021 03:10AM

The Whirlwind Wrote:
> All I am trying to really say, facet, is that I am
> not willing to throw the baby away with the
> bathwater. It's like I got hurt in an abusive
> church, but I still consider myself a Christian.
> Same thing.

I think you have the right attitude. Throw out the bathwater but keep the baby :)

Date: May 15, 2021 03:11AM

Exactly. Thank you. All facet wants to do (pretty much) is preach atheism, apparently.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/15/2021 03:13AM by The Whirlwind.

Current Page: 10 of 15

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.
This forum powered by Phorum.